Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    I saw Mg Virtue mentioned and started rethinking this whole HG and RG thing, but seeing the RG HI-nu and wing zero changed that. HG nightingale is nice too. Now where is that RG god gundam and GP-02?

• Like Like x 2
  2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    Some good things here.

The RG Hi-Nu is interesting, as is the HG Nightingale. Not kits I want but I'm glad for those who like the designs no longer needing the 1/100.

Is the Mark V Gundam really MG? Or just RE 1/100? It's a cool design though it does make me want a MG Silver Bullet now.

Gremory is awesome just because I'm glad the IBO line isn't dead. But I also can see the shoulder sockets are really low due to the outdated design of the frame. Combined with the horrid knees of the IBO HG Gundam frame, this thing's gonna look amazing and pose like shit. Also WHERE'S MY FUCKING MG GUSION!?

Big thing for me is Virtue. It's undoubtedly got Nadleeh underneath, and Dynames and Kyrios were such incredible kits I can't see this not being to their standard.

I guess it's because that's the "easy" one they want to assure folks the full team is indeed being made by making all the unique moulds first? It is an odd release schedule, but hey as long as they all get made I'm content.

It looks great, though., I love the unapologetically big knee pads. I love how older designs had nice big "pieces" instead of everything being shrunk down and streamlined into the same basic, boring shapes. You'll never mistake the Deathscythe's legs for any other Gundam at a glance.

FWIW, the wings do fold up normal, so it's optional, but I agree. I really dislike these overly geometric, messy, angled shapes they put on MS to "modernize" them. Like The Wing's wings are classy, and this is just an eyesore, especially when the rest of the kit is normal.

It's like that hideous Build Fighters redesign that took away all the class and charm and replaced it with points and angles that just looks uninspired and stupid. It feels like baby's first "cool" design where the designer just discovered his protractor and straight-edge tool.

Considering the Exia prints money, and the old MG is often derided for its age and instability, and they have this incredible brand-spankin'-new frame that has Exia's distinct "full circle" knees built in that every other suit covers up, I'd be livid if they did not make an Exia 2.0.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Gunpla and Cow Master

Technically they don't need to do another Exia considering: the first/Ignition Mode, Trans-Am, R2, Dark Matter, Amazing, and the Avalanche released in the past three years. Exia's reached the saturation point short of an R3 and "Graham Gundam" R4.

I want to see if the Virtue's bazooka will feature its own LED gimmick for Burst Mode or if they'll use some clear/light piping parts to make it light up by lining up with the GN Drive in the chest.

FIXED!^^

• Like Like x 2
  4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

Its got the big gold "MG" logo plastered right below the floor display example so I think it'll be Master Grade.

[​IMG]

...and I'm sorry, man, but...it's also P-BANDAI according to the Expo website.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Contain 2.29

Contain 2.29 Active Member

I believe Sideshow Collectibles ships to Canada. PG unleashed is available there with a payment plan available. Same for MG EX as well.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    I'm just in disbelief at the scarcity of Master Grades that they chose such an obscure suit, plus the detail level doesn't seem MG.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    re/100 Nightingale uses MG articulated hands so I don't see why they wouldn't.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Arkimus Prime

Arkimus Prime Just a little while longer...

News Credits:
    But I don't build MGs!

C'mon, even an RG Dom would have made me happy.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight AKA: King Scarlet Bosphormemeus Hyrule

News Credits:
    Anyone here have the Soryumaru? If so, how is it? 20201112_175405.jpg

11. Revoticus

Revoticus Big Combaticon fan

1/100 Calamity? Then is there hope for Forbidden?! I don't collect 1/100 but I would so love to see a Forbidden and Raider get this treatment.

Is Sword Calamity a possible future? Although it might be P-Bandai...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hadlen_Weltall

It is all inevitable.

Size and space issue? or you just needed the perfect excuse to try the larger scale.

13. Blurrz

Blurrz Jägermeister Senpai

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    One of us, one of us, one of us.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DVLish

DVLish Well-Known Member

I have it, but I can't tell you much about it. It never changed position in my backlog since I got it... "Soon, but not now". You know, this todo list ranking...
    Anyway, I was really interested in the combining with an action figure gimmick...

15. infinite_virtue

infinite_virtue Well-Known Member

Excited by the MG Virtue reveal! It was always my favourite 00 suit and the one remaining S1 00 Gundam that needs a MG release. Also interested by the RG Wing and Ni-Nu and the new SD Gundams look pretty cool too. Sadly nothing else that I'm really interested from the reveals which saves my wallet I guess. Haha.

• Like Like x 2
  16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel so relieved! Because if that’s the case, I can get the either the Dom and Rick Dom easily and take my time!

Gundam kits on the whole are easily available in my part of the world. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

meanwhile, me trying to figure out how much shipping is for these three stores to the US since all Japan has rn is DHL:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blurrz

Blurrz Jägermeister Senpai

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I'm just so happy cause this hopefully opens the window for NG 1/100 Forbidden and Raider.

And hopefully the RE 1/100 Reborns when these mad men are done those.

But yes, MG Exia 2.0 would be lovely.

I think I'd rather be strapped down to a chair having to watch Gundam F90, Gundam Reconguista in G and Gundam Seed Destiny all in one sitting then have the stress of ordering from multiple Manda locations XD

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hadlen_Weltall

Took me long enough, but I wanted to give the chrome on the piston rod ample time to dry, so I could paint acrylic around them. Now I can get about assembling the arms.

20201112_143926.jpg

The talons are a little loose, but I can dab some Pledge in the joint space to fix it later.
    Painting the undersides and joints makes a modest difference and I like it.

20201112_150252.jpg

Cleaning up the panel gaps down the sides and the indents, I even took an extra minute to paint the wrist joints ...which I should have done BEFORE assembling... but, it's done!

20201112_175357.jpg

Arms attached, hands set in the wrists... now the fun part to finish the hands...

20201112_230507.jpg

The knuckle grind! Paint in the joint spaces, poster tape on a popsicle stick helps make a temporary support between coats.

20201112_230532.jpg
    Tonight's bonus round included painting the knuckles for the GM Dominance, the eventual next kit to finish another night.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    You forgot price point.
    (Looks up at Halden's latest post) That one? Eh, gotta disagree if that's the case. Of the notable forms of Felini's Wing I still like the Rinascita more than whatever was done to the RG Wing.

• Like Like x 1