Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    Indeed, the new 1/100 Freedom Gundam is based on the upcoming Life-Size Freedom Gundam statue at Shanghai (In the same vein as the exclusive 1/144 and 1/100 scale kits of the Yokohama walking RX-78F00 Gundam)

[​IMG]

This Freedom Gundam (Shanghai. Ver) redesign does look quite identical to the MG 2.0 on first glance, but there are a few differences (With the landing skids at the wings been its most distinctive features).

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    MG Full Amor Gundam Ver Ka is complete! This was a really tough build for me that got me out of my comfort zone. Since I took up painting I think the hardest kit i build was the Barbatos. This thing had a ton of parts and not only that but a bunch of tiny little pieces that I found tough to mount and paint. The joint covers I didn't mind as much as other people have mentioned. They did some time to put on as I was trying to make sure the seam on the plastic cover sleeve ended up on the sides rather then on the front. The colors might seem a little dark because I was aiming for the colors on the artwork from the manual.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  3. Fr33domgundam

Fr33domgundam Well-Known Member

Was terrifying to mask off and airbrush in the lighter red on the MG Wing ver.Ka's wings. Was SO afraid of having the paint run under the masking and ruining the existing paintjob and having to strip off the paint from these huge pieces.

Fortunately it turned out just fine:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  4. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    I looked at Gunjap.net's updates on the new kits, it indeed lists Calamity as a SEED 1:100 scale which means they're reviving the 1:100 scale Non-Grade kits from the Alternate Universe series as a brand label alternative for the Re/100 line, and coincide with Master Grade releases for those universes.
    Using the MG opposable thumb/finger parts is what really confuses me, but you look at the ankle and see the High Grade'ish color molding that closes around the foot.

Confirming the MkV as an exclusive which makes sense considering the unfortunate Trend in Bandai's release plans where non-Television/Film releases become exclusive. Just like the Advance of Z MG kits, they're not familiar to the general audience. BS excuses.

Place your bets NOW!! it will also end up like the Dwadge/ReGZ "UC cameo" type, and be retooled into a Doven Wolf and Silver Bullet.

It looks like HG Nightingale does one thing the RE/100 can't do: MOVE. Especially those binders, they're jointed at the base so they bend upward and back rather than having a fixed span. Not to mention its proportions and posture is more like the original lineart, making it more like a flying lobster shell than an enlongated AMBAC dong.
    Definitely gets points for the relief molded Char-Clef and Neo-Zeon emblem but my senses tell me, they'll need PAINT.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wish I were more excited about this as I should be, I honestly wanted this before Kyrios... but uh, I dunno. Could just be how depressing everything has been lately but I'm not feeling this one.
    Hi nu and Nightengale ar both big puffy nonsense, so no go there.
    Mk-V and IBO thing I don't care for
    Deathscythe looks good... though I can't help but wonder why it seems like Shenlong, y'know the one that they already seem to have pre-prepared, appears to be the last one they intend to do out of the main 5
    RG Wing... no, just... just no. Like, seriously WHY?! The tv wing gundam having normal f*cking wings is what makes it attractive, WHY RUIN THAT?!
    MG and 1/100 SEED stuff... well you had me before the 1/100 reveal, now I don't care.
    Even in color I'm not really into any of this. Also Dagger L? That's... unfortunate. I was hoping for the Strike Dagger, but assuming this doesn't come with a striker pack of some type that's an easy skip.

• Like Like x 2
  6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude, don’t worry about it! I’ll head down to my model kit store and ask one of the staff there!

The thing is I have 3 (each) of the original MG Doms and MG Rick Dom and I’m uncertain if I should get the new versions! :) 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Arkimus Prime

Arkimus Prime Paleontologist Extraordinaire

News Credits:
    All I want for Christmas is an HG Dom, an HG Dom. All I want for Christmas is an HG Dom... so I can have one.

• Like Like x 1
  8. soybean56

soybean56 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say thanks for the info.
    Now back to discussion of the new reveals :) 

9. Fr33domgundam

Fr33domgundam Well-Known Member

Out of the new stuff shown:

1/100 Calamity: Definitely need. It looks really detailed for a 1/100 NG, so I suspect it's probably closer to a RE/100 than anything. And obviously waiting for the inevitable P-Bandai Sword Calamity remold.

MG Virtue: Very curious about this one; I don't have any of the other MGs from 00, but two of my absolute favorite scenes from 00 TV series involve the Virtue. I'm curious to see the Nadleeh underneath, and how all the Virtue armor pieces connects to it. Wondering if they'll come with "effect" parts to have a mid-cast-off action pose.

1/100 and SD Freedom ver.SH: Will eventually need these for my Freedom collection, but I'm behind on those already as-is anyways.

10. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    On the bright side, the new MG will be mass retail.

• Like Like x 2
  11. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Excited for Virtue, but more so Nadleeh. Still hoping there will be a 2.0 Exia to complete the set as well, much as I don't really want to build another Exia.

• Like Like x 3
  12. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw Mg Virtue mentioned and started rethinking this whole HG and RG thing, but seeing the RG HI-nu and wing zero changed that. HG nightingale is nice too. Now where is that RG god gundam and GP-02?

• Like Like x 2
  13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Some good things here.

The RG Hi-Nu is interesting, as is the HG Nightingale. Not kits I want but I'm glad for those who like the designs no longer needing the 1/100.

Is the Mark V Gundam really MG? Or just RE 1/100? It's a cool design though it does make me want a MG Silver Bullet now.

Gremory is awesome just because I'm glad the IBO line isn't dead. But I also can see the shoulder sockets are really low due to the outdated design of the frame. Combined with the horrid knees of the IBO HG Gundam frame, this thing's gonna look amazing and pose like shit. Also WHERE'S MY FUCKING MG GUSION!?

Big thing for me is Virtue. It's undoubtedly got Nadleeh underneath, and Dynames and Kyrios were such incredible kits I can't see this not being to their standard.

I guess it's because that's the "easy" one they want to assure folks the full team is indeed being made by making all the unique moulds first? It is an odd release schedule, but hey as long as they all get made I'm content.

It looks great, though., I love the unapologetically big knee pads. I love how older designs had nice big "pieces" instead of everything being shrunk down and streamlined into the same basic, boring shapes. You'll never mistake the Deathscythe's legs for any other Gundam at a glance.

FWIW, the wings do fold up normal, so it's optional, but I agree. I really dislike these overly geometric, messy, angled shapes they put on MS to "modernize" them. Like The Wing's wings are classy, and this is just an eyesore, especially when the rest of the kit is normal.

It's like that hideous Build Fighters redesign that took away all the class and charm and replaced it with points and angles that just looks uninspired and stupid. It feels like baby's first "cool" design where the designer just discovered his protractor and straight-edge tool.

Considering the Exia prints money, and the old MG is often derided for its age and instability, and they have this incredible brand-spankin'-new frame that has Exia's distinct "full circle" knees built in that every other suit covers up, I'd be livid if they did not make an Exia 2.0.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    Technically they don't need to do another Exia considering: the first/Ignition Mode, Trans-Am, R2, Dark Matter, Amazing, and the Avalanche released in the past three years. Exia's reached the saturation point short of an R3 and "Graham Gundam" R4.

I want to see if the Virtue's bazooka will feature its own LED gimmick for Burst Mode or if they'll use some clear/light piping parts to make it light up by lining up with the GN Drive in the chest.

FIXED!^^

• Like Like x 2
  15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Its got the big gold "MG" logo plastered right below the floor display example so I think it'll be Master Grade.

[​IMG]

...and I'm sorry, man, but...it's also P-BANDAI according to the Expo website.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Contain 2.29

Contain 2.29 Active Member

I believe Sideshow Collectibles ships to Canada. PG unleashed is available there with a payment plan available. Same for MG EX as well.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm just in disbelief at the scarcity of Master Grades that they chose such an obscure suit, plus the detail level doesn't seem MG.

• Like Like x 1
  19. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    re/100 Nightingale uses MG articulated hands so I don't see why they wouldn't.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Arkimus Prime

Arkimus Prime Paleontologist Extraordinaire

News Credits:
    But I don't build MGs!

C'mon, even an RG Dom would have made me happy.

• Like Like x 2