Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Arkimus Prime

Arkimus Prime Just a little while longer...

News Credits:
    TBH, I really like the second design. Almost more than the original.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

You can definitely see the 'ornaments' from Wing Gundam's shoulders on Jesterarms, there.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Gunpla and Cow Master

Happy auto-correct accident and I'm not apologizing. They know what they did.

Its times like these I appreciate the prototyping phase lineart and production artwork. With this it's from when Sunrise never expected to survive G Gundam, they transitioned from what they thought was a satirically stereotyping concept design until it became a more ergonomic, weaponized machine again.
    Compared to the rest of the Wing team, Heavyarms was the most practical in this regard. "Transforms into a bird, that one has a scythe made of BEAM!!, Glowing Shotels, and one swinging around a Dragon Arm with magically extending joints that appear out of cel-animated overlay stock footage?" Because Why the F*** not!!"

Hence why Trowa's circus clown that never smiles and cries act makes more sense..

More Heavy Gundam like. The half-way designs are nice.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Hadlen_Weltall

Opted to work on my Juptive armor tonight after a long day of juggling farm equipment. Sorry no pics but I will get a shot of it when it's done. I had to stop and let some ink dry before I put another coat of paint on some spots.

Checking out a few new updates about the worst kept secret of the upcoming Tamashi event.. NEXT METAL STRUCTURE MSN-04 SAZABI | GUNJAP

Metal Structure Sazabi, confirmed.

[​IMG]

... oohboy, if Nu cost $900USD plus, and plus more for Funnels and various other display features, Sazabi will cost a mortgage payment.

The Funnels are set on racks down beside the legs, so this picture makes it look odd. Another hard to see detail is it looks like it will have its own take on the exposed psychoframe plates like Nu Gundam. See the propellent tank appears to open and expose a pearlescent purple panel.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    To make room, I'm kitbashing HGS with their SD counterparts (no sinajus though, thems some expensive HGs!)

This my third. IMG_20201105_172157_454.jpg IMG_20201105_172157_456.jpg IMG_20201105_172157_455.jpg IMG_20201105_145215.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight AKA: King Scarlet Bosphormemeus Hyrule

News Credits:
    Let me know how is is. I can't wait for mine!

7. Autobot Burnout

Serious question, but could you conceivably sell one of your cows to afford that thing, if you could simply get raw profit from the sale in full? I legit have no idea how much a calf or a full grown cow goes for, since what little I know of that industry is everything you've ever posted in this thread on the subject.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Hadlen_Weltall

It depends on the market. We sold Goldberg (nearly weighed one ton, three year old sire progeny) for $1,200USD in a private sale last year, but anything we send to the stockyard is dictated by body condition and weight. younger steers bring better money than older cows. We haven't sold anything since February because the prices are at a near rock bottom. IE $1.10 to $1.30 for 200-500lb weight.

Honestly, if I'm selling cows it's to pay for feed for the rest of them. The farm never covers the Gunpla hobby.

• Like Like x 2
  9. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Core Change! Docking! GO!!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Currently halfway through building my HGAC Heavyarms; No pictures yet, but after opened up mine and building it, there are some aspects to note for anyone who would want to build theirs (And what to expect)...

No problem; Some things to note:
    • When it comes to colour separation, HGAC Heavyarms is pretty much your usual "1/144 scale High-Grade" flair; The colour separation is definitely a huge step-up over the old NG 1/144 scale Heavyarms, but the OOB build (Without stickers) has some missing colours would require some painting for an ideal look and there are a few parts that would be ideal if they're individual colour-separated parts instead of relying on the included colour-correcting foil stickers. (It's nowhere as bad as the HGCE Windam's shield and Jet Striker pack)
    • When building the torso section, be careful with the orange part around the chest machine cannons; The plastic is a bit on the thin side and could break easily if not handled with care.
    • The joint parts are reused from the HGAC Gundam Sandrock that was released last year; So articulation-wise, HGAC Gundam Heavyarms was more or less the same thing as the Sandrock (Which is very good).
    • Last but not least.... get your panel-lining paints or tool ready when building this kit. Just as an OOB build with no effort, the kit does look very plain without any panel-lining whatsoever.
    • Also, got some silver paint ready to paint the chest Machine-cannon, as well as the missiles in both shoulders and lower legs; For the ones at the lower legs, make sure that you have an incredibly small, thin brush (As well as incredible eyesight and precise control over your brush) as those missiles in the lower legs are incredibly tiny and could be a hassle to properly paint.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Autobot Burnout

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply you actually would sell a cow for a fancy Sazabi, but it just struck me that out of everybody in this thread, you were conceivably the only one who actually could have the means to afford one without having to save for months on end first.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Fr33domgundam

Fr33domgundam Well-Known Member

Hey! We all have kidneys here! And we don't need two of them, right? RIGHT??? :D 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Autobot Burnout

Thank you for volunteering to sell yours for our benefit. :ev: 

• Like Like x 1
  13. DVLish

DVLish Well-Known Member

About money spent...

I finished building my MGEX Unicorn a while back...

01.jpg

And now decals are on it (except for the beam magnum, the gatling guns and the shields, these will be another long process).
    It looks pretty cool I think ! Pricey, but rewarding as far as I'm concerned !

02.jpg

No particular effort except the V fins, painted gold and grey in between.

My only complaint would be about the fins, in Unicorn mode, on my model, pieces are not flat enough to ressemble a monolithic piece. There is an closed alternative, but I think partformation is a lieformation.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Tasuke

Tasuke ‚ô•Mikuru Asahina‚ô•

same sort of problem that my PG RX-0 has. luckily for me, i'm generally content leaving them open...

15. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think im the only one that must screw up a decal on every build :lol  this one was supposed to sit on the front of the forearm not the side. The good thing is that I did the same thing on both forearms so at least its symmetrical.

DSC00352 (2).jpg

• Like Like x 5
  16. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight AKA: King Scarlet Bosphormemeus Hyrule

News Credits:
    20200522_182911.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  17. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Bashing this HG-DX Barbatos reminded me of how grenade like the HG was to build.

. IMG_20201106_142206.jpg IMG_20201106_142142.jpg IMG_20201106_142112.jpg IMG_20201106_141942.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  18. fywdyl

fywdyl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you top coat after decals?

19. Hadlen_Weltall

Here's that picture I promised of the Jupitive. Took it before heading to the field today. I know I shouldn't really count it in the Build Sheet Tally since it's just the Jupiter Armor and not the full kit, but I'll amend #242 when I get around to building its Core Gundam.

20201106_095007.jpg

Didn't add much more color than just a few light gray/white bands (and the base plate) but a nice straight forward build.

It's an not earth shattering mistake, but still looks nice like that.
    Nice colors on the finished kit... though I think painting the knuckles on those hands in the gunmetal color would look badass!

It's plausible, but selling cows pay for feed for the rest of the cows... SPEAKING OF!!! We have a new Moobile Sweety!!!

Mineva, the original Charolais pureblood mother who is responsible for the entire MooS Team just had her newest daughter, Qubeley.
    Spoiler tag for censoring the NSFW Gooey Labor in Progress!
    Saw Mineva sizing up a spot to deliver a calf around feeding time, and by the time I got back from moving equipment to another hayfield, she was springing.

20201106_173634.jpg

Start to finish it was less than five minutes, barely two hours since she started laboring. Mineva's been a relatively easy calver since she had Sazabi. I assisted for Jegan first.

20201106_173721.jpg

Fun fact, it's a common observation to say that a cow eats the afterbirth and membranes to reabsorb the proteins, but it's mostly a natural instinct to avoid attracting predators... that's your bovine science lesson for the day.

She's a big calf, that's definitely a MrCaboose product. I've had this name rolling around in my head for a couple of weeks now, it just needed the right calf. Seeing how Mineva was the only one left of her family line without a new calf on the ground, and since Qubeley looks stark white with bright pink skin, even after getting the membrane off her face it's a perfect fit.

The sun was coming down at the time but I know the calf was up and alert before I closed the gate tonight.
    Back at my shop, my dad asked me "You...called her ..WHAT?!!" I just dropped the box for Qubeley Embellir on the table without saying another word, and his immediate reaction "oh... nice."

[​IMG]

Lets find out!

• Like Like x 3
  20. Hadlen_Weltall

Can't say I know, but looking at his example and the only translated sales page I've found is ShowZ, there is a 'Deluxe' version with the metallic painted finish, and the regular which is matte plastic.