Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I had that awhile ago. Horrible plastic, as it's an old sd. Converted to a normal robot mode. Definitely older than at least the older sangoku line, and felt dated all around. Sorry dont know what it is anymore tossed the box after I realized how little I cared for it or older models

2. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

Shape of the armor maybe, but the way it was detailed like this reminds me of the Astrays. Even so, if Blue Fin distributes it as they're teasing, I'll see first hand.

-
    I wanted to add some more red and yellow to the Zaku, so I came up with a compromise.

20200120_201206.jpg

This was pretty much it for that idea, while I start to fill in the color on all of the vents and thrusters.

20200120_205817.jpg

In a way, it's kind of what I want to do with the RG Nu Gundam too, but that is a story for another day.
    It's just a start with a microbrush, and I'll finish filling in those nozzles with a fine point brush next. The outsides of the bells will be painted gray when I get to it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. InfinityKitten

InfinityKitten Well-Known Member

It's interesting, there are a lot of parts and connections that seem very delicate, but when it's all connected the frame is very sturdy. There are some joints that are very small for what they hold, and while I was worried about longevity, the frame has been holding up very well so far.

One of my Shoulder Armor connections is very loose, but that one's on me because I was tired and stressed the clip. So be very careful when building and handling the frame and the end result should be solid.

4. Hadlen_Weltall

Snapping on the vent covers I painted last night.

20200121_095103.jpg

Now for some gray paint on the thrusters.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Those who built the G40, anything feel prone to cracking or breaking?

6. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not with the build itself, no. The plastic they used is really nice and there isn't anything too complex with it.

I would be careful not to squeeze the heel when trying to extend the foot joint though. The red part on the back can slide out pretty easily and you could break it by squeezing it in. Did that to one of the shoulder parts on my Sazabi ver. Ka before, and I could see it happening here too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hadlen_Weltall

"There was a (Farmer)builder who had a dog.. and Dingo was his name, oh!" *chokes back tears*

20200121_151213.jpg

*Sniff...* Seriously though, that song was actually sung about me a few times until a couple years ago... I sure miss that dog.

Anyway, here's the White Dingo GM Sniper II!

I'm going to treat it the same way as I have painted the original Sniper's armor (and GMs inner frames), but I need to get a fresh bottle of Insignia Blue.. As I get everything set to wash the parts, let's get a quick look at what makes it so special.

20200121_161955.jpg

The MP-1 Manipulator parts and one new parts runner dedicated to its head-mounted vulcan pod, the reenforced shield and white colored armor pieces. Here we see three generations all into one. 2001 GM Ground Type, 2008 GM Version 2.0, and 2016 GM Sniper II.

• Like Like x 2
  8. X-Arachnis

X-Arachnis Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hadlen_Weltall

...okay, I admit, it looks slick.

Cue the Sandrock Armadillo before Flugal.
    They have to figure out if recycling the original Wing Zero wings before they commit to it.. unless they want to do a Wing Zero EW version 1.5 and give it the Neo Bird mode parts, and redo the wings entirely..
    ...wishful thinking.

Anyway, backpack is coming together nicely.

20200121_165656.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. X-Arachnis

Oh, I would assume we'll see Armadillo before Flugel... Gotta milk those gundam frames right?;) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hadlen_Weltall

Just wait for the Epyon that has new wing joints that include a weapon grip for Zweihander mode!

[​IMG]

EFFECTS PARTS not included.. the wings should then be able to be inverted to form the Storm Und Drang!!

[​IMG]

.... Then maybe Flugal. This Epyon mod is just like giving Shenlong a sword.

It's not like they need to make a version of Wing Gundam too... like one that comes with fixed hands to hold the rifle!! ...dammit that just gives them a way to release it with the Drei Zwerg too..

• Like Like x 1
  12. X-Arachnis

well, my Super Nova Wing Zero Custom does come with the Drei Zwerg... so I'm good on that.:cool: 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hadlen_Weltall

I got one for my Real Grade. At least the Gundam can hold it!

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    A lot of, if not all of, the GOL add-ons are fucking terrible. That Epyon... thing has to be one of the stupidest gimmicks I’ve ever seen. (And hilarious given how pathetic the MG Epyon’s arm design is)

15. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    waiting for Cherudim and Arios now :D  20200121_120524.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Hadlen_Weltall

I think I'm about done painting the undersides of the armor... some sloppy mistakes around the areas that might never be seen again, but the areas that will are going to look nice.

20200121_222930.jpg

It's principle... now back to actually assembling this kit!

20200122_003854.jpg

Just so I can stop and paint some more. Filling in around the domes off the sides of the backpack and paint the verniers. I will touch up their copper details some more before I attach the feet and the rest of the leg armor.

• Like Like x 1
  17. xdmisato

xdmisato Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    P-Bandai: MG 1/100 Gundam Deathscythe EW [Rousette]
    Release Date: April 2020
    Price: 4,950 Yen

The Gundam Deathscythe EW Rousette Unit is finally coming to the Master Grade series! The kit shares the same molds with Gundam Deathscythe EW regular retail model kit that was released in 2010. This kit, of course comes with its completely newly molded Glory of Losers equipment called "Rousette" which adds a backpack unit to the Deathscythe to give it more aerial mobility.

The Rousette unit can also be folded into different modes; the normal mode which is folded towards its back when not in use, and flight mode where it's wingspan is extended to the sides to give some flight ability to its main unit. The kit is completed with all the Gundam Deathscythe EW equipment plus a sheet of water slide decals for detailing.

[ACCESSORIES]
    • Rousette unit
    • Beam Scythe
    • Buster Shield
    https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2020/01/p-bandai-mg-1100-gundam-deathscythe-ew.html

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Ah, speak of the devil.

I really don't understand the GOL add-ons. This one especially just seems redundant, as it just makes it Deathscythe Hell lite. The wings are just the same, generic, geometry mess as Wing EW's, but spindlier and even more at odds with Deathscythe's design. And because of this I guess they felt the actual DSH needed something more, so it gets a ridiculous perpendicular double beam scythe and random claw shields on the hips.

Makes me wonder just what the thought process behind these upgrades were. "Ah, yes, these streamlined and visually cohesive designs could really use extra shit thrown on to just make them as busy and ugly as possible!"

• Like Like x 1
  19. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    That's a biiiig scythe

20. Hadlen_Weltall

The way it seems these were just 'necessary' upgrades during the ground offensive period of Operation Meteor when the Gundams were the unstoppable force. Just some additional support equipment, compared to the full on upgrades they got when the fight returned to space. Though I can see why Wufei was such a whiny little b...., when everyone else gets more robust equipment designed to compliment their abilities and all he gets is a heavy sword with a rope tied to his shield.

Though when it comes to these kits, the only "upgrade" version I want to see is "Heavyarms Damselfly," though with the Igel unit already released, that one's going on the pipe-dream list.