Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Gunpla and Cow Master

Wet, miserable weather conditions this weekend... might as well work on something I've been meaning to finish for over a year. RG Sazabi. Since I'm planning on using enamel on my 1:12 scale Boba Fett and looking at the sloppy enamel mistakes of this kit, figured I could clean them up while I slap the armor on. I was planning on using Sazabi as a template for when I finally get to work on work on Nu Gundam.

20191213_162901.jpg

My Double Fin Funnel set for the RG Nu is scheduled for delivery on Monday, so it's time to get back to it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hadlen_Weltall

The most badass ass skirt plate of all time, with a little paint makes it happen!

20191213_194413.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  3. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While waiting for the Barbatos to get here, and since I had a 25% off coupon at Barnes and Noble, I picked up the Justice Knight. Pretty cool so far!

But more interestingly, Thinkgeek had the HiRM Wing Gundam EW! Always nice to see another P-Bandai kit get released to us.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 2
  5. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Well! Looks like Hobbytown got an MG I wanted!

IMG_20191213_205638.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. Gabriel Contreras

Gabriel Contreras After 5 years of lurking I finally made an account

Not gonna lie the kit still looks great despite it not being done. I'll always find it baffling how 'AmazonBasics' managed to get their hands on this mold before its way way distant release. Those punks literally came out and made the 3rd party Metal Build of SP-00-N. They really decided to go straight Metal Build over a regular bootleg kit. They went out of their way to show off all the fine details and give a more or less flawless idea of how SP-00-N would look like 'in real life' before bandai even released their standard model kit. They're even selling it as a set of 12 for army building THOSE MAD MEN!!

really curious if we'll ever get a ver ka. of it...

• Like Like x 3
  7. Hadlen_Weltall

You know it's going to be covered in decals!

-
    Making up for lost time, and now the full skirt is done.

20191214_010349.jpg

I spent most of the night cleaning up and repainting the undersides of the lower leg armor while building up the torso.

20191214_010327.jpg

A little thinner on my heavy smudges is smoothing out some of my mistakes, which I'll touch up the closer to completion I get.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Tasuke

Tasuke ♥Mikuru Asahina♥

aside from a few more decals, and, perhaps some minor touch-up and detail work, pretty much finished.
    i'll tell you what, though, those blasted Rub-On Transfers are a risky, inconvenient pain-in-the-ass.

i just don't understand why, after two-plus decades of technological improvement upon the MASTER GRADE line, BANDAI persists in splitting the decal contingent
    between self-adhesive stickers and the Rub-Ons.

this is, what was once your Flagship plastic model line, BANDAI, and is still as such to many, if not most GUNPLA customers out there.
    where is the dual, IDENTICAL decal sheets, -one Self-Adhesive, one Waterslide- to satisfy BOTH the pros and the casuals at one fell swoop?

sure, you can include the usual foils, of course, -so the casuals can enjoy the usual passable final results for their clear parts-
    and, if you guys are well and truly attached to the damned Transfers, well, include a THIRD redundant master decal sheet, this one Rub-Ons.

See? is that so painful to the pocketbook, BANDAI? it would cost you practically nothing,
    and you could fully satisfy ALL your customers, of every age, creed and skill level, ALL AT ONCE. Imagine That...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

Nice poses! They gave it curves for a reason :p 

Mine's on the way from amiami, but somehow I missed the fact that all of the joints are... white? I can forgive the additional gaps in the sculpt, but now it looks wrong to me that the joints are the same color as the suit.

10. sages

sages Well-Known Member

Well, canadian gundam has G40 up for pre-order for Feb/Mar 2020 release date so guess there are still more coming.

11. Hadlen_Weltall

To think I bought those Kotobukiya nozzles when I wasn't comfortable with carving into parts. Then I did it anyway.

20191214_131035.jpg

And now back to the torso.

20191214_165227.jpg

Meanwhile, the mail came early! RG Double Fin Funnel is here, and I've got an idea for my painting template for the Nu Gundam in my head.

20191214_162546.jpg

I'm not going to repaint the yellow parts like I did Sazabi's, but I will treat its mechanical Frame the same way.

• Like Like x 3
  12. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Likes the G2 neon lights

I know a lot of people prefer the railgun Zeta Plus, but I’ve always liked that test type color. Something about red on the Federation suits just really works for me.

story-wise wasn’t it supposed to be Amuro’s Zplus? And then later the Rick Dijeh in Moon Gundam started out with the same color scheme. Maybe he’s got a little Char envy.

(side note, hope we get an HG Rick Dijeh soon!)

• Like Like x 2
  13. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    BIG kit. I love it. Love Waverider modes. But the adaptor for action bases in Waverider mode is...trash. slides in and doesn't lock into place? Am I missing something? Gonna get a legit flight stand for this.

IMG_20191214_214724.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  14. Hadlen_Weltall

I'm with you on the A1 opinion. In a way it reminds me of the VF-1D from the first episodes of the Macross Saga because of the colors.

So glad I got this one backlogged when did, but I'm nowhere set to work on it.

-
    Now I come to the fun part of fixing more old sloppy mistakes while trying not to make any new ones on the arms.

20191214_234723.jpg

I painted the shoulder joints, but I need to make some minor touch ups after fixing accidental thumbprints I had to wipe off.

20191215_004919.jpg

Stopping for the night, and getting a partially built machine to handle holding itself upright to let the enamel dry. .

• Like Like x 5
  15. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    finals are finally over and no classes for 6 weeks. gonna clear out space to make my Saz ver Ka

• Like Like x 2
  16. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Here is the A-equipment. This kit is pretty nice all things considered!

IMG_20191214_232113.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  17. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    20191215_020606.jpg

This was a very quick and very solid build. I think my only complaints are that the accessories kind of clash with the articulation a bit, especially with those parts hanging off the shoulders, and I wish it either had a hinged wrist like the Revive Gyan. Or at least an alternate hand with an angled wrist for the lance.

• Like Like x 6
  18. InfinityKitten

InfinityKitten Well-Known Member

Damn, I really wanted to get my hands on a G40, but it really looks like there isn't a reissue in sight.

19. Tasuke

Tasuke ♥Mikuru Asahina♥

Actually it is a slightly-reddish Deep Orange, with the balance of the overall color scheme being a rather creamish Tan.

i deviated from established pattern, choosing to stick by clear green for ALL clear parts and camera/optical sensor arrays.
    it just looks more believably cohesive, to me. i layed a coat of TAMIYA CHROME SILVER X-11 down on all such surfaces, with a heavy coat of CLEAR GREEN X-25 over that.

for the custom deep orange for those wing leading edges, i mixed ORANGE X-6 and FLAT RED XF-7
    to get as close an approximation as i could manage. it turned out alright, i think...

MSZ-006 FAMILY LINEAGE
    (MG MSZ-006A1, (2001) MSZ-006 PROTO, (MG ver.2.0 2005) MSZ-006C1 (2002))

[​IMG]

MSZ-006A1 WAVE RIDER MODE;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  20. X-Arachnis

X-Arachnis Well-Known Member

Man, that reminds me I need to hunt a few other Zeta's down... Or finally start on my Daban Gray Zeta.....:oops: 

• Like Like x 1