Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    Yet!

Seriously though, you're free to do as you please, I'm just joking about. Sooner or later though you'll see a kit in the larger scale you'd find interesting and worth building but you don't have to break the bank to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

Most MGs are in a range of $30-60 USD. Some older ones like the G Gundam kits (which still hold up) are around $20, which is an excellent price. The Wing MGs can be had for around $40.

I just bought the G-3 version of this, which is grey and indigo (I think it will look excellent with the Zeta Plus C1 I recently ordered, and the upcoming FAZZ). I'm really looking forward to it. Only $34 USD.

• Like Like x 2
  3. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  4. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 6
  5. X-Arachnis

X-Arachnis Well-Known Member

Speaking of cheap master grades btw.... Third RB-79 in my backlog, I really need to topcoat the 08th MS Team Ball....:oops:  IMG_20191207_165023.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  6. Gabriel Contreras

Gabriel Contreras After 5 years of lurking I finally made an account

News Credits:
    how goods is the MG perfect gundam kit?
    ban922719box.png

7. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "The MG Barbatos looks great, but I prefer the Lupus so I'm gonna wait for that", I tell myself. And then USA Gundam Store drops an email that says they're getting it in stock this coming week.

I'm weak.

Welp, in the meantime the Veetwo came in so that'll be fun. I'll have to remember to get the weapons later.

8. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

Hmmm. It seems discontinued on HLJ.

I've noticed a lot of kits are labeled discontinued that a few years ago stayed on "out of stock" or "backordered". Has Bandai announced a mass discontinuation list that I didn't hear of or is it just what HLJ has started doing for kits that haven't been reissued on a very long time?

9. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I feel pretty blown out for 2019 after Penelope. I still want Valkylander but that can wait until January. I can't think of anything that I REALLY want to build right now. I'm hoping for a Xi Gundam too. Gonna be so cool.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I still need the RG Nu Gundam. I also want those Figure-rise Kamen Rider kits.

Also, I need to stop preordering things on HLJ. Releases are so few and far apart my things hit the automatic shipping date before I can compile a worthwhile amount to save on costs.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  11. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I managed to hold myself back for Nu Gundam, waiting for the set with the effects parts. I figure I'll just pick it up come January.

12. User_93049

News Credits:
    The runners can be used as Quiddich posts lol
    20191207_235632.jpg 20191208_000001.jpg 20191208_000011.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  13. Sarge133

Sarge133 Grimlock Nut

Ebay:
    My current Zaku shelf now that I finished up the Falmer unit. Once I get to my new place the falmer unit will be going into it's own detolf shelf.

20191208_044935.jpg

20191208_044715.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  14. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Mihono Bourbon's hero

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    it's been two weeks and I still haven't built the earth unit... I blame the holiday festivities.

20191208-048.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  15. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    Better yet.. AT Field templates! You're already set for the Real Grade Eva!

-
    20191207_215228.jpg

While I was washing off the parts for Penelope, I was in a long conversation with some of my MeWe builder friends, guys who have never touched a Gunpla until recently, who wanted to know about the Armored Core kits by Koto. So that got me thinking about the ones I have in the backlog... and then I lost track of time last night working on plans for them.

20191207_113049.jpg

The White Glint (Movie Color Version) and the reissued Crest Oracle I recently picked up. White Glint is pearl white coated plastic and metallic black, and will need mostly that color added to it. The Crest is also molded in metallic colors, but will need more detail painting in more than one color and thus I started mixing paint. Steel is a great starter for these recipes more so than Silver.

20191207_202349.jpg

The metallic Black for the Glint on the right, and the Crest's metallic White, Grey, and Pale Gray on the left. The Crest needs one area to get painted with a metallic blue, but that's something I can mix for a one time application in the paint pan when I get there.

Next time I go online for hobby supplies I really need to stock up on the 26ml jars.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    local Barnes & Noble had that new Gundam Universe line in stock so I picked up a Deathscythe. so far I'm liking it a lot.

they had Wing Gundam too but from what I could tell it didn't seem transformable. Really disappointing if they left that out; Bird Mode takes MINIMAL effort...

17. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is a really fun gimmick. I'm gonna have to get the other versions after Barbatos.

20191208_225804.jpg 20191208_231649.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. Sky Ray

Sky Ray Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I went to the Bluefin Warehouse sale yesterday and it was super packed! The sale was pushed back to 10AM due to the rain, which works for me as I was still in my work meeting.
    It took me 40 minutes to make it there as I was driving from LA to Anaheim, so definitely not getting first dibs on the good stuff. The line was ridiculously long, last year it took an hour to get in, this year it took two hours! From 11AM to 1PM!
    I did not bother to go for the Sunday sale, as last year was literally just scraps.

As usual there was a lot of Gunpla (PG, RGs, MG, HGs, SDs, old kits, bases, LED parts, P-Bandais, etc), Star Wars model kits, SHFiguarts (Naruto, Power Rangers, Hello Kitty, Sailor Moon, Harry Potter, Dragon Ball), Shokugan, Dragon Ball Z model kits, Studio Ghibli merchandise, Sailor Moon, Transformers model kits, Mega Man, TMNT, Samurai themed Star Wars and Marvel statues, Super Mario, Street Fighter, Tekken 7, Fate Grand Order, Digimon Adventure, One Piece Styling figures, DC Comic, etc. Sales ranged from 15 to 50%. There was two special sections this year; one was an area with a lottery/mystery bag of your choice either Gundam, Sailor Moon, Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, Dragon Ball, Kiki's Delivery, or Star Wars all at different price points from $40 to $60. The other was a build a box workshop to build your own Christmas present for someone by getting them a your choice figure, model kit and two Shokugan with a bonus SHFiguarts Kid Goku and power pole accessory with Gundam Marker included in each box for $100.

Gunpla-wise, everything was roughly between $6 to $12 cheaper then regular prices in all the local Gunpla stores in SoCal. Half the Gunpla selection was either in perfect condition or damaged boxes with perfectly intact contents. From what I saw that were some pretty good deals: Mega Size RX-78-2 Gundam for $70, HGUC Penelope for $70, MG Full Armor Unicorn Gundam Ver. Ka $70, HiRM God Gundam $130, RG Perfect Strike Gundam $40. A lot of the P-Bandai kits were the clear/transparent types; RG Sazabi, MG Psyco Zaku, HGUC Blue Destiny, SD Zeta, etc. (I never get why Bandai made these as I don't3see them as sellers). Supposedly the RG Nu Gundam was really cheap but was gone with the first 100 people they let in.
    The bulk were all MG Deathscythe Hell EW, MG Epyon, MG Wing Gundam, MG Shenlong, MG Tallgeese II, HGUC Narrative Gundam C Pack, HGUC Byarlant, HGUC Silver Bullet Suppressor, HGUC Destiny Gundam, RE100 Vigna Ghina, RG Sinanju, RG Destiny, SD Freedom Gundam, and a lot of HG Build Divers, HG IBO, and HG00 kits. There were a lot of other selections like HGUC Zeta Gundam, HGUC R-Jarja, HGUC Stark Jegan and so forth, but those quantity were fewer compared to what I listed.

Anyways, my catch:
    MG Wing Gundam $32
    HGGTO Zaku II Type C/C5 $14
    HGAC Wing Gundam $12
    HGAC Wing Gundam Zero $12
    RG Crossbone Gundam $21

The cool thing about this year is that everyone gets a cool tote bag; mines was the large white one with the RX-78-2 Gundam on one side and the Wing Gundam Zero Custom on the other side.

• Like Like x 2
  19. User_93049

News Credits:
    updated my collage.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Tasuke

Tasuke ♥Konomi Yuzuhara♥

while i should have this blasted thing within the next couple of days, it IS annoying that, according to the tracking,
    the package seems to be doing some sort of crazy postal service hot-potato ballet all across creation,
    from within just a handful of miles, to several hundred miles, and the adjacent state, away from me.

FEDEX is weird...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1