Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    And my suspicion is confirmed! it's only the weapons! If you want the new armor for the base Gundam, you need get the full version.

I know what you're up to Bandai..

[​IMG]

It's like Core Gundam's taking the F90 approach to the AGE system.

• Like Like x 2
  2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On the flip side, this is actually a bit cheaper than I had assumed it was going to be.

I think I'll just wait and see if the full package winds up going on sale somewhere, though. I like the new armour stylings, and the PG Strike is a fun build that I wouldn't mind doing over again, especially since it's been over ten years since I built it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1/48 Unicorn on USAGundam: $105 after shipping and 15% off Reddit Secret Santa code "RedditSanta"
    1/48 Unicorn on USAGundam's eBay: also $105

ugh. That's the cheapest i've seen it but I don't need it yet

4. Sinestro00

Sinestro00 S’goden, s’doodis

I’m of the same mind, since it is about $80-85. Still need to add shipping, which will probably put it around $100. But I’m wondering if there’s not only some armor upgrades to the Perfect Strike, but also some internal mechanisms, such as the joints. Those weapons look awfully heavy.

If the Perfect Strike was available through Amazon JP, I’d be more inclined to get the updated version. Says it won’t ship to my address though. Shipping will be murder sourcing it from HLJ.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Truong3016

Truong3016 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This looks cool
    Screenshot_2019-11-22-20-16-15-267_com.facebook.katana.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    I still need one closer to 1:144 scale!!! I never did go to the pop-up Halloween store when it was open last month.

7. Fr33domgundam

Fr33domgundam Well-Known Member

Is there any side-by-side comparison of the differences of the new PG Strike compared to the old one?
    I haven't built my old one yet, but if the new one is a significant improvement over the old one, I'll consider getting the full package rather than just the Striker Packs.

8. Sinestro00

Sinestro00 S’goden, s’doodis

I think this is what many are waiting for, but I suspect we won't really know until someone reviews it. Maybe we'll get more info as the release date (Feb. 2020) nears. Here is the product description as listed on HLJ:

"Bandai's Perfect Grade Strike Gundam has been renewed to the very latest format! Features new modeling added to various armor parts, including the head; the internal frame is now gunmetal in color, and the plated parts are chrome -- other armor parts are also issued in a different, more intense finish to give the assembled kit a fantastic impression! Yellow LED parts are also included. Order yours now!"

• Like Like x 2
  9. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Comparison Gallery

The internals should be largely the same, except for what seems like extended shins (not clear whether the lower legs themselves have been replaced, or if there's simply a new ankle insert to bridge the gap). A significant portion of the armor panels of the kit have been redone with higher detail.

More specifically, to me it looks like the blue parts are all new. The whites on the original were done in a two-tone white + off-grey palette. The new version seems to swap the whites, so what was once in white is now off-grey, and vice-versa. The formerly white armor panels have also been re-detailed. So there's new sculpting on roughly half of the kit's surface.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Fr33domgundam

Fr33domgundam Well-Known Member

Thanks. This was helpful.
    The detailing on the body armor is nice, but I actually like the shape of the old head more than the new one.
    I think I can live with the old kit. :) 

Makes me feel better about having just ordered only Striker Packs.

11. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's not like the old version is particularly lacking or anything. It was already a revolutionary detail upgrade to the base Strike design.

12. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    Trust me, it's not the worst offender for having the most spare parts. There are too many examples to point to, but between the Hazel Custom and Powered GM, you've nearly got enough parts to build a Gundam Mk2. *not entirely accurate or exaggerated.

With all of its variants and the GN-X, there is never a shortage for spare parts from the Exia, save for One and it's exclusive to the Avalanche so I can't get a duplicate that easily, let alone at all.
    Even so, there's room for creativity.
    Before I gifted my half started MG R2 to a friend, I took the spare blade from the GN Sword and put it with the Amazing, which has ALL of the leftover parts from the Dark Matter (by extension that means more spare parts from both the R2 and original Exia), including an unused complete sword handle. So now my Amazing has two handheld swords, plus the Amazing GN Sword with the "Kai" blade.
    Taking the leftover parts from the Amazing, I put the original Exia's GN Blades, and original Exia armor parts molded in blue plastic with the Avalanche. This gives my Avalanche two long and two short GN Blades, but sadly since I don't have access to a spare sword mounting bracket, my plan kind of defeats itself.
    -

Meanwhile..

20191121_205027.jpg

As I was detail painting a Porsche interior and setting photo-etch plates, I was compelled to paint a few Pilot figures. watching your Dark Matter progress got me thinking about the Fenice.

20191122_110555.jpg

Fellini's painted Entrance.

*oh yeah, Fenice Rinascita is also carrying a small share of excess parts, and I'm going to have duplicates of them too.. anyway, Four... hours... later..

20191123_011218.jpg

Gator clip grip to hold it while I get started, MicroStix wand when I paint the base plate to finish.

This knocks out both figures for the Fenice Rinascita and Alba, I only need one Fellini for the pilots collection. Mind the shine, this was right after I gave them a dip and wick in some Pledge to seal the paint, and I will accent detail them later and finish them in a flat coat.

20191123_011421.jpg

...for now, cue the music.

• Like Like x 5
  13. User_93049

News Credits:
    I'm actually glad that Dark Matter has the spare parts. it allowed me to make it hold not just store the short and long GN blades, but also put away four beam sabers. hell, with the extra Repair 2 parts I could have went ahead and make it carry six beam sabers instead of the GN blades.
    20191123_002334.jpg

doing some blocking to set how the final display will look. Avalanche, 007sword, and QanT Double Full Sabre are going to be getting clear green and blue stands (non sparkle like all of Celestial Being does), and I'm considering getting a clear red one to swap with Dark Matter's. Unfortunately, I already have all the display bases I want for all my kits, unless I decide to give Nightingale one, or have a second one for Sazabi as extra support.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Gabriel Contreras

Gabriel Contreras After 5 years of lurking I finally made an account

News Credits:
    A quick look at the MG Barbatos
    FB_IMG_1574514373790.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  15. Tasuke

Tasuke ♥Konomi Yuzuhara♥

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  16. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    I've been putting off getting a Barbatos for a long time, and I'm glad I did seeing the Master Grade. I like that the red "Gundam" symbols on its shoulders and knees are clear parts. But I'm hesitant now because I'm anticipating the obligatory Form 6 exclusive. I'd like to see how they handled that with the improved proportions.
    I think one of the giveaways to what they're going to do will be in the runner layout , and see if the mace is attached to the parts frame for the skeleton.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    The problem with Nightingale is you need to find a base that's going to support it, because there isn't an action base cradle for that size of a machine.

18. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Zeta Plus C1 is an absolute darling. My favorite Zeta series for sure. I love the lore that is associated with it. Zeta Plus units are called Squadrons rather than Platoons, and Anaheim Electronics marketing material push them more like fighters than mobile suits. Totally awesome.

19. User_93049

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    looked through my saved photos and found this. i wonder where this extra F91 head of mine went. it was a pain to make Banshee hold.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    An accent wash later and the Italian Dandy stands!

20191123_175810.jpg

If only we could get a follow up season to see Meijin Kawaguchi and Fellini meet again, and what his future Fenice upgrade could be..

20191123_180725.jpg

• Like Like x 2