Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Truong3016

Truong3016 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want one, but not at 150$ mark

2. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Gunpla and Cow Master

Oh that is just all kinds of wrong!! Is there any damage to the parts themselves or is anything significantly dented or mangled ? If so, file a report and say damaged goods, get a refund at least.

Yeah, no... just keep checking out New Gundam Central and wait to find out.

-
    Speaking of finding out the hard ways...

Set together the skirt armor, and seeing it side by side with my painted parts shows how much darker the paint is from the plastic color.

20191105_224726.jpg

It's misleading in this picture but the difference is noticeable in person. I know where I went wrong, and decided the best way to fix it is to strip the parts back down to bare plastic with the Ultrasonic and Degreaser.

So the parts are primed again, and this time I mixed a small bottled batch of this one and done recipe.

20191106_022114.jpg

Trick was finding the right balance, and bright enough shade of blue to Testors Dark Blue. Turns out my GP01's Cobalt is the best choice.

• Like Like x 2
  3. MinerEdgar

MinerEdgar Well-Known Member

The parts themselves are fine, some partially knocked off the sprues but nothing serious. The manual is expectedly crumpled, but useable. I don't think there's anything that makes it necessary to report it, and I really hate dealing with customer service.

4. malfet

malfet Tiny Plastic Robot

I've been neglecting gunpla the last few days to play with SoC Dairugger and my backlog keeps growing. Gunpla is despair.

5. xdmisato

xdmisato Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HGFC 1/144 Death Army (Dark Army)
    Release Date: November 2019
    Price: 1,200 Yen

[ACCESSORIES]
    • Death Rifle
    • Spiked Knuckle
    https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2019/07/hgfc-1144-death-army-announced.html

[​IMG]

HGBD:R 1/144 Core Gundam G-3 and (Veetwo Unit)
    Price: 1,400 Yen

This Planet System offers variety of new abilities and equipment for the Core Gundam. That includes both close and long range capabilities. This Core Gundam variant can carry heavy weaponry when docked with the Venus Planet System armor to defend itself from its enemies specifically on ground combat.

The kit comes with Core Gundam in G-3 colors and Venus Planet System armor unit. Also, see its full potential by combining it with its System Weapon set (sold separately).

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2019/07/hgbdr-1144-core-gundam-and-veetwo-unit.html

[​IMG]

HGBD:R 1/144 Real Type Core Gundam and (Marsfour Unit)
    Price: 1,400 Yen

The Marsfour Planet System unit gives the Core Gundam a devastating close-combat capabilities. With its sharp arm extended claw knuckles, it can easily rip any enemy's armor and even dismember them in battle.

The kit comes with Core Gundam in Real Type colors and Marsfour Planet System armor unit. To see its full potential, it is recommended to combine the kit with its Marsfour weapons set (sold separately).

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2019/07/hgbdr-1144-core-gundam-and-marsfour.html

[​IMG]

HGBD:R 1/144 Nu-Zeon Gundam
    Price: 3,100 Yen

Captain Zeon's custom made GunPla from the Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise series debuts its first GunPla. This GunPla shares the same mold with the HGUC 1/144 RX-93 nu Gundam that was released in 2008, with some added details and parts to represent the customized design.

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2019/07/hgbdr-1144-nu-zeon-gundam-release-info.html

[​IMG]

SDBD:R Valkylander
    Price: 1,300 Yen

This SD model joins in the SD Build Divers Re:Rise series! The kit is based on SD Gundam Astraea Type F and SD Gunlander, it also has an ability to transform into a "Gundragon mode".

Its fast and accurate hits will surely prove that size does not matter. It can also adapt any combat situations, whether it fights through the ground or in air with the help of its transformation ability.

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2019/07/sdbdr-valkylander-mode-of-gundragon.html

[​IMG]

SDCS Wing Gundam Zero Custom EW
    Price: 1,100 Yen

The Wing Gundam Zero EW arrives in the SD Gundam Cross Silhouette kit series with a great color reproduction, detailed molding, and extended movable parts compare to its other SD counterparts.
    Given its super deformed features, its highly movable parts can still perform any poses no problem!

The kit can be extended with CS frame (sold separately) to extend its articulation to its full potential, and even perform an even better representation of famous Wing Gundam Zero EW poses like the twin buster rifle shot just like in the OVA.

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2019/07/sdcs-wing-gundam-zero-custom-ew-release.html

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. halconfenix

halconfenix burning the wallet

Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    SD CS kits should come with all the parts for both sd and cs modes right? I dont want to buy an extra cs frame just for that

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hadlen_Weltall

I would still leave negative/neutral feedback on the delivery though.
    -
    Meanwhile, I finally managed to track down my DM Sword Striker after Gundam Central's suggested tracking website failed, but another one prevailed. It's somewhere in Georgia which means I might have it by the weekend!

8. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    No. Only an SD frame. Gotta get a CS frame if you wanna enjoy that aspect.

9. malfet

malfet Tiny Plastic Robot

Bandai gotta Bandai.

10. Hadlen_Weltall

Like the actual weapons for the Veetwo and MarsFour, are both expansion kits rather than packaged WITH the models they're made for... but that's why they both come with variant Core Gundam types instead.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Crazy like the Fox

I absolutely love the box art for the grunts recently. While the Leo is still my favorite because of that hilariously grandiose flag in the background, Death Army is looking fabulous in it's own right. Can't wait to see how they'll give us the parts for the variants since we KNOW the legs fold up for Death Navy.

Kind of like the IBO weapon option sets having the unique options exclusive to certain suits (including literally whole leg conversions for Landman Rodis instead of simply releasing a complete Landman Rodi retool), but they can charge more for the base kits this time by making Core Gundam color variants.

• Like Like x 2
  12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I love that art. If I ever amass enough Leo's I'm gonna make a display just for them with that in the background.

13. Gabriel Contreras

Gabriel Contreras After 5 years of lurking I finally made an account

Question

What do you guys/gals prefer and why? Importing model kits (i.e. AmiAmi, Hobby Search, Mandarake, Taobao, etc.) or buying them in the US?

14. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

I usually have to import mine, as I'm in the UK..

15. Gabriel Contreras

Gabriel Contreras After 5 years of lurking I finally made an account

my bad instead of US, replace it with hobby websites that sell them in your continent should you not live in the US if there are any.

16. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Phantom Thief

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I generally try to support my local hobby shops as much as I can. If I know they aren't ordering certain kits, that's when I import.

17. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    local hobby shop and eBay.

18. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Likes the G2 neon lights

Maybe they’ll do a Leo corps!

19. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So after toying around with 1/144 scale High Grades and Real Grades, I built my first Master Grade, the ZZ Ver Ka. I'm really impressed and love most everything about it other than the hands, though they are solid.

What would you all recommend for my second? I've seen good things about the Sinanju Stein NT or the Proto Wing Gundam.

20. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I've only ever built three mastergrades, so dont take my opinion as something accurate, but I think my sinanju stein narrative is my favorite mg. It's so much more sturdy due to a lack of poly caps. While not perfect possibility, he can still hold a pose. I'd say the biggest weakness are the unwieldy accessories. Otherwise, go for it!its pretty good for 70 dollars. And if you dont like the nt, the nt has the parts so you can make the original stein. Just saying