Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Likes the G2 neon lights

Man. I saw CCA in a theatre at Otakon... 2003 maybe? When it got its US release. Would love to see it like that again, but all the theatres around are doing it right in the middle of the nighttime routine for the little ones.

Ah well. I can just turn out the lights and watch it at home one night. Not the same but it’s still fun!

2. X-Arachnis

X-Arachnis Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. Truong3016

Truong3016 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  4. X-Arachnis

X-Arachnis Well-Known Member

ehh, if it's any consolation... I don't even GET the option to see CCA on the big screen... different continent and all that.:cry 

• Like Like x 1
  5. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

Stroked, eh? Char must really do it for ya! :D 

Fortunately for me, my nearest theater showing is 3 miles away. Unfortunately, it's the same theater that ran Mazinger Infinity at the wrong aspect ratio, thus cutting off the subtitles for the first 10 or 15 minutes. I'll almost certainly go, just for the viewing experience, but Char's Counterattack is actually one of my least favorite Gundam stories. Who knows, maybe I'll appreciate it more from seeing it in a (hopefully) superior presentation.

I've now (mostly) finished the two HG kits I got from amiami last month. Both had more stickers (and therefore, more required painting) than I prefer, but I think both of these are worth the effort.

HG-00-Raiser.jpg

00 Raiser is a lot more stable than I expected, the only iffy connection is the combined shields on the left arm. And for something as big as the GN Sword III, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it locks pretty solidly onto the forearm so that it stays secure in both modes. And now I'm glad I bought that Clear Red Mr. Color earlier this year, the forehead sticker just doesn't give off the proper effect.

HG-End-01.jpg

I instantly fell in love with The End as soon as I saw it in Build Fighters Try (which I only just recently watched, lol.) I have nothing but respect for the person who decided to give three giant mouths to an MS, and then have a skeleton Unicorn pop out of the middle one. Not my best picture, but the other item I recently found (also seen here) helped out with that.

HG-GPbase.jpg

I didn't know there was a GP Base that you could buy, and the price pretty much demanded that I do so. Unfortunately, you only get one info sheet, but I'm assuming there's scans available online. And since I had an extra green LED unit, why not?

HG-End-02.jpg

...why not, indeed? I used my Pixel's "Night Sight" mode for this shot, so the LED's glow looks brighter than it actually is.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    panel lining the tail is a bitch.
    20191020_180955.jpg 20191020_204215.jpg
    next:
    20191020_204047.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

Just finished building the Core Gundam from the Earthree - to be honest, he's kinda adorable! gonna be fun to figure out mods n add-ons for this guy!

• Like Like x 2
  8. malfet

malfet Tiny Plastic Robot

There's a decent PSD you can throw into Photoshoop floating around on a DA somewhere. That's how I made the custom for my Jimzinger. I did have to adjust it for printing, though, but depending on your printer YMMV.
    20191021_085316.jpg

This kit with all its mechanical greebles is where a panel wash really shines.

IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER

• Like Like x 2
  9. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Gundam & Micron Densetsu Enthusiast

News Credits:
    I just simply use a printer with a scanner function to scan the blank info sheet into my laptop, then I just type out whatever I want on the scanned sheet with Adobe Illustrator with the appropriate type-font, which I eventually printed it out in the appropriate size

[​IMG]

One thing though, the plastic cover is a darker shade of translucent black color, so you can increase the brightness or Hue/Saturation of the sheet before you print it out.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

Wow.. it sounds so much better with the REAL Sound effects! Legendary better take note of that.

I've got the DVD on the shelf, and don't need to drive two + hours to see a movie I already own.
    besides, that means I can watch it and work at the same time.

20191020_234742.jpg

Feet for the Cold District Type, primed where I'm going to paint. Just need to finish sanding out the ankle piston sleeves.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Hadlen_Weltall

Well looky here... BBTS posted their preorder page for the next round of P Bandai exclusives.. wonder how much they want for the RG Phenex...
    Gundam RG 1/144 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex (Narrative Ver.) Exclusive Model Kit

$209.99?!!!!

For that price, the gold plating better be solid gold, at least then you wouldn't have to worry about unsightly nub marks.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be fair, the RG doesn't have much in the way of nubmarks anyway.

But yeah, that price is ridiculous. Then again, the normal price is too. Dumb chrome.

13. Hadlen_Weltall

I did see a sort of 'conversion kit' on Ebay for the shield rack, Armed Armor components and 'feathered' V-crests to convert the Real Grade Unicorn or Banshee into a Phenex, and paint is cheap enough to do it. Who cares about the tails.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  14. InfinityKitten

InfinityKitten Well-Known Member

Nothing new, just another Nu:

IMAG4990.jpg
    IMAG4968(1).jpg

• Like Like x 10
  15. Hellbot

Hellbot Well-Known Member

Some great poses. Very dynamic.

• Like Like x 1
  16. xdmisato

xdmisato Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    P-Bandai: RG 1/144 MS-06R-1A Uma Lightning's Zaku II
    Release Date: January 2020
    Price: 3,630 Yen

Premium Bandai announces the release of the 18th entry to the ACE Pilot log model series. This time, Bandai Spirits will be releasing the Uma Lightning exclusive MS-06R-1A Zaku II that comes in its "Blue Thunder" color.

A sheet of newly designed water-slide decal will be included in the kit, markings and seals are specifically designed for Uma Lightning.

Provided with the same mold used in Real Grade Johnny Ridden's High Mobility Type Zaku, bold action and poses can be performed with its wide-ranged articulation.

[ACCESSORIES]
    • Giant Bazooka
    • Zaku Bazooka
    • Zaku Machine Gun
    • Heat Hawk
    https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2019/10/p-bandai-rg-1144-ms-06r-1a-uma.html

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. xdmisato

xdmisato Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HGBD:R 1/144 New Equipment System A [TENTATIVE NAME]
    Release Date: January 2020
    Price: 2,200 Yen

A new Planet System equipment for the Core Gundam unit has been revealed! The final name for this unit is yet to be determined as they progress with the story.

This kit features an all-white planet system armors! Equipped with multipurpose "backpack" arm equipment that can be deployed as a shield or weapon. The backpack equipment can also be displayed as funnel bit.

The armor unit can be transformed into two forms: "normal form" and "high-speed form".

[ACCESSORIES]
    • Beam rifle
    • Beam saber x 2
    • Effect parts x 4
    • Display base
    https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2019/10/hgbdr-1144-new-equipment-system.html

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. decops

decops Well-Known Member

I plan on doing just that eventually. I am not looking forward to doing the psycho frame but I could always use the fa's frame and give it a green psycho frame. I think it had it in the movie for like 2 or 3 seconds at the end there. Oh well I'll probably end up buying everything then have it sit in my house for a few um decades and never do it. As is tradition.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hadlen_Weltall

I'm waiting for the inevitable plain metallic injection version... I'd pay 50 to 80$ for that before I go for something chrome plated..

20. decops

decops Well-Known Member

I hate that chrome plated look it's why I never ended up getting the master grade. I wish they'd do it in that same gold that Hyuki Shiki 2.0 is in that finish Is gorgeous.