Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. malfet

malfet Tiny Plastic Robot

I was in college when the Boxer came out, but that was also around the time I was starting to burn out in engineering school. Took around ten years before I got around to building it. Still got an unbuilt R-Gun Powered sitting around somewhere, the Shulawga is in The Backlog, and the Raftclans Aurun got a nice discount recently so that's sitting in my PW. I'm not sure I've ever seen the Boxer get reissued, but I have seen a KO.

2. xdmisato

xdmisato Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SDBD:R Valkylander
    Release Date: November 2019
    Price: 1,300 Yen

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2019/07/sdbdr-valkylander-mode-of-gundragon.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

P-Bandai: HGAC 1/144 Leo (Full Weapon Set)
    Release Date: January 2020
    Price: 2,310 Yen

[ACCESSORIES]
    • Dober Gun
    • Bazooka
    • Drum gun (105mm rifle)
    • Beam saber x 2
    • Shield
    • Long beam rifle
    • Short beam rifle
    • Mega beam gun
    • Colony beam rifle
    • Various shoulder parts
    • Various backpacks
    • Parachute pack
    This kit comes with one HGAC Leo unit, and all its available equipment in Leo-green colors.

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2019/10/p-bandai-hgac-1144-leo-full-weapon-set.html

[​IMG]

Gundam's 40th anniversary continues to surprise us with their awesome collaboration with other companies! This time with an "Oppo Gundam Style" phone.

Gundam collaborates with the Chinese mobile telecommunications company, Oppo to release a Gundam themed gaming phone that offers not only a geeky looking device to all Gundam fans, but also a fast and reliable gaming phone!

The Reno ACE Gundam edition will be sold (unfortunately) only in Chinese markets starting November 11for 3,599 Yuan (US$500) that includes 256GB storage and 8GB RAM.

SPECS
    • Processor: Octa core (2.96 GHz, Single core, Kryo 485 + 2.42 GHz, Tri core, Kryo 485 + 1.8 GHz, Quad core)
    • Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus
    • RAM: 8GB
    • Internal Storage: 256 GB
    • Display: AMOLED
    • Dimensions: 161 mm x 75.7mm x 8.7 mm
    • Weight: 200 grams
    • Resolution 1080 x 2400 px (403 ppi)
    • Front Camera: 16MP
    • Rear Camera: 40+8+13+2 MP
    • Camera: 20 x digital zoom / Auto flash / Face detection / Touch to focus
    • Battery: 4000 mAh (lightning fast charging)
    https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2019/10/oppo-celebrates-gundams-40th.html

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm surprised this guy can stand unassisted. The fellow booster is a nice, chunky item. A total goddamn shame the booster is exclusive.

IMG_20191011_090757.jpg IMG_20191011_090842.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. Strike Creamsicle

Strike Creamsicle Likes the G2 neon lights TFW2005 Supporter

Seems to be a lot of random exclusive accessories. I don’t recall seeing much of anything like that in the early 2000s, but every time I see a neat kit I look it up and, maybe 2/3 the time it’s an exclusive.

I can usually find them on Mandarake and put them on my list to decide about later, but it’s definitely making me think twice about purchases.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The exclusivity of Gunpla is slowly pushing me out of the hobby.

I have to make up stupid goals like collecting all the Wing Zero models in order to maintain any passion in this soulless hobby.

• Like Like x 1
  6. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    While I haven't had difficulty securing P Bandai exclusives, the mark ups they typically come in gets rough. Paying double the retail price for a 1/144th HG kit gets pretty hurtful sometimes. But yeah I agree. It's mind boggling with the Intercept Custom as the Fellow Booster is a core aspect of what makes the Intercept Custom the mobile suit it is. While we're at it I don't get why they just didn't make the whole thing exclusive in the first place rather than releasing a totally gimped, rip off retail release of the thign without the booster. At least that would've been bit of an easier pill to swallow.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Bandai are tone-deaf.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    So they could have the GM Sniper Custom be P-Bandai, have a mass release version of the base mold anyway, and then find a way to P-Bandai the mass release.

And we STILL haven't actually gotten a fucking regular GM. The closest was the GM Cannon which, surprise surprise, was P-Bandai. I mean, we have a handful of Guncanon predecessors which exist as literal canon fodder and a zillion RX prototype Gundams, but none of the ACTUAL true mass production EFSF MS? Sure there's the excellent GM/GM but stylistically it isn't at all good for Origin's "RG lite" aesthetic.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    "I'm Commander Weltall and Jerrytck is my new favorite eBay store on the Citadel!"

20191011_145642.jpg

Looking forward to building this!!
    I don't care much for the A-Z Packs, until I see one I really like.

• Like Like x 3
  10. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's pretty much where I'm at. Honestly, I don't even really care about the F90 itself, either. But as is, I'm pretty damned close to having an MG representation of all of the "main" Gundams, so I got it simply to not be left with a hole in the collection. I think the only things that remain left out at this point are the ones that Bandai hasn't produced yet; AGE-3, AGE-FX, and G-Self. And ones that haven't had modern, full-frame MGs produced for them.

• Like Like x 1
  11. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    order from japan arrives tomorrow.... when I'm not home.

FUCK.

12. X-Arachnis

X-Arachnis Well-Known Member

maaan... if only I had the cash to have my contact hunt me down an F90...

13. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    Whatever happened to that rumor of the G-Self winning a fan poll Bandai held for the chance of becoming the next Version Ka?
    FAZZ notwithstanding, it's technically a retool and Armored Enhanced ZZ.

I'd still take an AGE-3, but F90 is a double milestone because I remember the prototyped it in full color when they first released the original f91 Master Grade.

14. decops

decops Well-Known Member

Just a fyi for anyone barnes and noble has a 15% off coupon this weekend and 5 dollars off collectables which includes some gunpla. Thet stack so you could say get the rg nu gundam for 34$ shipped before tax.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    Question regarding Mr Hobby/Gunze paints:

I know they're goopy/thick outta the bottle, but what can I use to thin them? Does plain water work, or do I get the Gunze thinner?

16. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    It all depends if it's acrylic, but I would still use the brand's thinner. I only work with Testors Acrylic and it's water soluble too but it's the same principle because there are some thicc colors that need thinning to work with, so you don't mix the wrong kind of solvent to the wrong paint.

17. malfet

malfet Tiny Plastic Robot

Unless you have a lot of experience with paints and are willing to experiment, its always best to use the manufacturer recommended thinner. Water can work on acrylic, but then you run some risks of a having a bad time. Do yourself a favor and use Mr Leveling Thinner.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    Yeah, I figured as much. I ordered the Mr Color Thinner stuff on eBay earlier. I got a bottle of the metallic Mr Hobby Bloody Red to use on some Red Frame Astray kits and I don't wanna mess it up.

• Like Like x 1
  19. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    While we're at it, Crossbone won the poll for "Next UC Series." Wonder when that's gonna happen...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    In the event of errors, you can always easily strip acrylic off and start again. Instead of using paint thinner, I use Super Clean degreaser, same stuff a lot of guys use for peeling chrome off. you can soak your parts in it for a hours or even a few weeks depending on how hardened it is, and it won't eat away at the plastic.. but if you have an Ultrasonic Cleaner, you can do it in a few minutes.

I made a few errors and color decisions I regretted on Blue and Red Frames' shields (silver enamel detail points over acrylic painted surfaces) and decided to start over again. Since Blue Frame's shield has been painted almost two years now, I used my ultrasonic cleaner filled with degreaser. stripped it back down to bare plastic in nearly 20 minutes.

20191011_224428.jpg

Quick note, this is TESTORS Model Master acrylic paint in Tamiya Jars.
    Paint Mixing Jar 46Ml W/Measure / Tamiya USA
    .. I buy them cheaper elsewhere but you get my point ...

I reprimed the surfaces and while I was at it, got the Strike's shield primed too... mind the Gunship Gray bottle, I grabbed the wrong bottle by mistake..

....which leads me to this Mad Genius idea.

20191011_223525.jpg

Because I needed to wash the device out after using the degreaser, I filled it with warm water and used it as a paint mixer.
    I've actually been doing this quite a lot lately, especially with my bottled recipes. If I leave them alone long enough or not use them frequently, the paint pigment starts to settle on the bottom of the bottle and the solvent separates. The ultrasonic, in conjunction with stirring and shaking the bottles by hand works to evenly mix it.

What you see in the first picture of the primed shields was AFTER I used my Ultrasonic. Hint: my darker gray paint bottle sitting upside down to start mixing it.

I only used a little thinner and brushed on a light coat of both Red and Blue acrylic. I highly recommend if you work by hand, it pays to use thinner with your paint, and work in thin layers so you don't leave as many brush streaks from laying it on thick.

20191011_234804.jpg

--

It all depends, unless the RG kits can't just be coincidence but that doesn't mean the return to Sentinel" with new kits is hinting at an Adaptation of that book either.
    If it happens though Sunrise wants to get through a few things: the current "Build" series on television, success with 2020's Live Action Film, and after they complete the "Hathaway's Flash" trilogy. Which is why wouldn't surprise me if that isn't already their plan for the next phase of "UC Next100."
    Ideally, but not likely to happen, is they redo "F91" as it was intended to be a full 50 episodes that led directly into Crossbone.

• Like Like x 1