Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Oh sweet, thanks!

I was looking at the spare Norn parts that were not being used and decided that Banshee could have its own "Full Armor" configuration too. Love the way it loois actually!

20190819_012312_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Likes the G2 neon lights

Just hopping into this thread here as I’m dusting off my Gundam and paint tools.

@Hadlen_Weltall is that a PG GP01 you’re building? Been thinking of doing one myself, looks like a great kit.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Gunpla and Cow Master

Yep. Taking my time per usual but it's an interesting build.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    Holy shit you're right, I wasn't even trying to lol

• Like Like x 3
  5. Hadlen_Weltall

There are no accidents!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wrecker217

News Credits:
    I'm half considering the 12-pack BTF Double Fin Funnel set. I'm already at 18 funnels to make with MG Nu, Hi-Nu, and the 1/100 Double Fin Funnel add-on, but do I want to make 30 in all, 2/5ths of which are with psychoframes?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hadlen_Weltall

The BTF are the only ones with Psychoframe plates in them, but it's totally worth it!!

EDIT: spits and giggles I went looking around for who might have the RG Double Fin Funnel set up for preorder and sure enough the only place at the moment with it is Gundam Planet. A week ago they had it listed but "PRE-SALE CLOSED," today they didn't. ..so, DONE!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Wrecker217

News Credits:
    what I really want is the BTF QanT add on with the ring for the GN Sword V parts, but I don't want the second Full Sabre that's included lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hadlen_Weltall

Alternatively you could see what's coming in the Effects parts for Figurerise kits and 30MM series.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Crazy like the Fox

I'm just imagining that you're going to invent cow funnels.

Which will work vaguely like this.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Havocmech

Havocmech Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. deruberhanyok

That’s the way to do it. Last figure I put together was an RG Strike a few years ago. Took me a few days to understand the build, then a couple weeks to dye it, then about 20 minutes to break a joint because I wasn’t paying attention.

I try to measure my build times in days, not hours, but I imagine a PG kit would be multiple months for me.

Really looking forward to watching your progress!

I did build a Frame Arms kit in a few hours over the last 3 days or so, as a way to shake the dust off of myself, but that was a “ quick and dirty” build to see if I even really wanted to get back into Gunpla.

(I do, I’m just trying to figure where to start).

• Like Like x 2
  13. Autobot Burnout

Yeah, RG's are not as forgiving when it comes to posing if you don't know how to handle the inner frame.

If you want to get back into Gunpla, then I highly recommend you grab a High Grade, preferably within the last five years (the release year will be printed on the box). The HG RX-78-2 is a tried and true classic, and the HG Origin Zakus are no slouches either.

• Like Like x 2
  14. deruberhanyok

@Autobot Burnout i actually have heard that a lot about the newer HGs. I don’t have a lot of room to display so I was thinking one or two bigger kits and a few smaller ones - looks like the revive HGUC ones might be a good place to dive back in.

I’m also tempted by a few RGs but just not sure I want to work with the little complex pieces again.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Autobot Burnout

Every kit that exists as an RG has an HG except the Skygrasper jet thing, so don't worry.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hadlen_Weltall

You're not wrong but Mine's bigger.

20190811_152739.jpg

and Jesta says she's got more rhythm than those guys.

20190817_200034.jpg

-
    Sounds like you get into a groove and don't stop which is awesome. I say think about what you want to build and go for what's got your interest rather than just following the scale "difficulty" range to whatever's going to test your skills for yourself.

Let's just say I'm not that fast, Namely because I don't like to rush things and more often enough I let myself get sidetracked working on one model and that leads to a flash of brilliance on another.. and then whoa hey I have an idea for that one and why do I jump when the phone rings, did Caboose get out? Wait, where am I? ..Joke.

Honeslty this is the first Perfect Grade I've worked on to this extent in almost eight years. My start/stop on the PG Unicorn last year technically doesn't count since that was just assembling literally 1:60 scale High Grade style weapons and I didn't get anywhere near the Mobile Suit body. I did finish spray painting the psychoframe into a candy red, but it exhausted my patience for it at the time.

As for the GP01, I now have feet.

20190819_202201.jpg

I'm painting the areas of the chrome plated parts where they meet the frame, and adding more Engine Gray to the sprockets and joint areas. It brings more attention to the areas in a way that's more natural than just looking at a solid chrome plated part on the model's surface.

20190819_202504.jpg

I

• Like Like x 3
  17. Wrecker217

News Credits:
    not too gunpla related:
    20190818_213410.jpg
    we really need a good mecha psvr title

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hadlen_Weltall

There fixed, but you enjoy your Cyber-Newtype Training module.
    I still want a new Armored Core like the fourth title. Of all the Gundam games we did get, the one we'll sadly never see is Mobile Ops the One Year War. Proof of concept was more third person trooper action with first person tank combat in Mobile Suits, and the trailing ballistics to go with it... Titanfall was a similar, but superior concept in this vein, as was Metal Warriors on the SNES..
    Building the legs now starts at the hip. Also with the sub assembly work for the braided tubes on the spring loaded shock absorbers.. which I will get to soon enough.

20190819_215531.jpg

I used my fine blade sheers to cut the tubing but I should really get a soldering iron just in case the ends fray before I tuck them in place.

20190819_230402.jpg
    While the chrome plated joints will be visible on the finished, fully armored kit, I want to bring out more details on the inner frame like the manual shows, with silver tubing and my obvious Engine Gray additions. Most of that I will do in acrylic but for the areas that are supposed to be mechanical pistons and rods. I want to match the chrome. For that, it's time to play with Molotov... CHROME PEN!.. not that other kind, you know like I can make with an empty stack of whiskey bottles and....... I'm going to stop right there before this gets flagged....Aanyway!!

20190819_222832.jpg
    I've had this for a while but I only use it very sparingly.
    Since the pen tip is too broad, it's difficult to control in tight spaces going directly to the part surface.

20190819_223326.jpg

Easier way to do it was I decanted it into my paint pan and dabbed it lightly with a microbrush. No streaks, no pooling. Just let it set and the paint's chemical magic dried to a near perfect mirror sheen.

While that dries, I painted the areas around them without getting too close by accident, which I will finish detailing next time.

20190819_232135.jpg
    I could assemble all of the thigh components right now, but what you don't see in this picture is I'm painting the quadraceps piston sleeves that I want to install at this point as well. The manual shows it as a later step between building the knees and calves but I see how I can do it a few steps early.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Hate to burst bubbles, but not only does it look like the future of Gundam gaming will be entirely gacha focused, but there's heresay that fromsoftware is done making AC games.

20. malfet

malfet Tiny Plastic Robot

All the best Gundam MS combat games were arcade machines, anyway.

Also, MGB is bad and the people who decided to make it should feel bad. Just like the corporate suits who thought NGB was a good idea.