Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

well I blame myself for this one. What happened was I opened the jar with my vice grips because there was some crusted paint stuck on the threads, and I put it down, but pulled my hand back and so... tilt and spilt. On the plus side, I was going to check the status of this jar and freshen it up anyway, but now it's completely remade. Luckily I don't have any other kits half-started that are using it so whatever I use it on now will be uniform.

2. Kidreaper

Kidreaper Reaper

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Oof, Bandai Full Metal Panic kits. Ugh, I LOVE the Robot Damashii's of the suits... I might get these.

Also, Mao's always had a Commander Unit.
    Robot Spirits -SIDE AS- Full Metal Panic! M9 Gernsback (Mao Type)[Bandai] <--- Link to the Robot Damashii, which is old as fuuuuu-

• Like Like x 2
  4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Damn that Ground Gundam's lookin' fine. I'm undecided if I actually want to get the Leo though because there's really only the Wing Gundams to go with it.

5. Hadlen_Weltall

Those FMP kits look amazing. then again, Bandai's got a lot invested in Kanetake from 00 to IBO. the detailing is sharp, makes me think the series will have CGI-cel shaded mecha action this time around. we'll have to see!

--

Another note, a friend of mine's making up for a year's worth of Gunpla favors finally and shipping me a Freedom Gundam Ver 2.0 but I've kept up on how bad the swiveling hip posts are. While I was on Ebay one time trying to find parts, I came across a few sellers with replacement METAL posts, so I took the initiative and bought a set. 19.99$ USD but free shipping from China. There's a couple sellers in the US that are offering them, but they're acting like their dipped in gold for the price these places are asking, and they're only selling them individually.

6. Kidreaper

Kidreaper Reaper

I just remembered that she got a new AS after that huge Behemoth crushed her’s in half. Kind of a shame that we didn’t get to see much of Weber and Mao in their AS after the second half.

Yup they look yummy. Not quite show accurate I think, but it doesn’t bother me. It’s possible. And they already used CGI in the series so I don’t think it would look out of place.

7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's quite possible that the Leo release means that they're looking to boot up an extended HGAC lineup proper.

8. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    I rarely pre-order anything, let alone imports... but screw it, I will have that new Ground Gundam and I don't give a toss how much extra it will take to get here fast! Also some Leos, but they can wait... I'm still having some fun with the RD Leo.

9. Hadlen_Weltall

First coat of my remixed Frame Gray... going with the two tone look for the rifle, and down the insides of the Drei Zwerg.

20180129_203746.jpg

I made the mistake of gluing down those plates inside the Drei before I painted them but I can still do what I set out to do.

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Noticed that the Kycilia Corps Origin HGUC Zaku has similar 1 peg bicep joints to the old 1/144 wing kits. Anyone have bicep breakages on the Origin HGUC Zakus?

11. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Uh, I'm not quite sure how the assembly is supposedly similar to the old Wing kit, but between the 3 variations I have so far no breakage. Maybe a tiny bit loose considering I have Char's Zaku holding up the anti-ship rifle, but nothing's broken yet.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No, no breakages. Every HG basically has one peg biceps, that's how the bicep joint works. Trust us, there's literally nothing in common with old HGs in new kits. Bandai has been making Gunpla non stop since the 70's. The Wing Kits of old were an especially crappy phase because of the circumstances of the time that are long past. If these kits hadn't improved since then Bandai would've gone under. The Origin Zaku kits in particular are some of the more praised and solid HGs out there.

The only thing modern HGs have in common with those no grade 1/144 Wing kits is that they are plastic models you assemble. Everything else is completely different. Design quality, build quality, plastic quality, it's like comparing a vintage TF to an MP.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  13. malfet

malfet Tiny Plastic Robot

Before Build Fighters, the only 1/144 kits I'd ever built were the crap NG Wing kits back in the early 00's and after that I'd swore off the scale. Now, I still prefer MGs for "definitive" versions when they're available but the sheer variety in the HG scale has gotten them a decent share of my collection/backlog.

14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Lean Mean Angry Machine

News Credits:
    To make my available kits last, I've decided to only build two per month. February is going to be Hyper Gyanko and GM Striker, with March hopefully being Blue Destiny Unit 1 and the A-Z Gundam, which is supposed to come this month.

Annoyingly, the A-Z Gundam is up for sale at Gentei kits, but I already pre-ordered through USA Gundam so I'll have to wait.

Also check out the RE 1/100 line - they're basically HG engineering at 1/100 scale, but for SUPER obscure or otherwise extremely unusual designs. The infamous Nightengale (one of the alternate final Mobile Weapons used by Char that is used when Amuro is given the Hi-Nu) was the first, but the line also includes the Hamma Hamma and the Efreet [EXAM] type. The next in the line is going to be the Guncannon Detector, and I believe after that they're tackling the Gundam Mk. III.

15. Hadlen_Weltall

I was looking at the sample reviews of the A-Z.. and I'm surprised.. its colors are 99% plastic! Only painting required is for the forehead sensor.

16. X-Arachnis

X-Arachnis Well-Known Member

actually, the MK III was the second release, after the Guncannon Detector comes a new version of the Vigna Ghina. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  17. malfet

malfet Tiny Plastic Robot

I've built the Re100 Nightingale (I also have the P-Bandai funnel effect parts for it). Impressive scale and presence, otherwise not impressed. It really is just 1/100 HG, I honestly expected more. Perhaps not full MG mechanics, but at least a little more parts separation and functional subarms.

18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Lean Mean Angry Machine

News Credits:
    I have committed a grave sin.

[​IMG]

You all know what this is, don't you? Of course you do, it's the most fucking infamous Mobile Suit to ever exist by name alone. This was literally the best image I could find of its box.

HLJ had it for $12.50. Shipping made it less than $20.

Apparently is is actually a somewhat rare kit and even more rarely produced (gee I wonder why).

As somebody who professes to be a collector of the unusual, the weird, and the unique...I felt duty bound to acquire it.

Eventually, you will be graced with its presence.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    1/144 old wing kits also had 1 peg from the bicep inserted into an elbow polycap.

20. Hadlen_Weltall

fixed^^

I'm not apologizing, I loved this kit!

• Like Like x 1