Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    Well they got the lead Mobile Suits done, save for the remaining ranking characters of each "Gundam Team," but they've for some reason decided to keep the HG focused on UC for a while. again.

and somehow Bandai keeps milking the Unicorn mold, but this time in an interesting direction.. Spoilers for the final episode of the OAV.

[​IMG]

A Tokyo Base exclusive, but points for being different.

• Like Like x 1
  2. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    After working on a 1/72 Macross kit for what seemed like forever i finally got back to Gunpla :)  Finished pre-building this MG Jesta. Gonna be repainting it as im not too fond of the original colors and will also be adding some details to it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. kazukun

kazukun HAACHAMACHAMA~

So my brother got this for my birthday:

B02F994B-8ABD-48AC-A80F-7A88A4430416.jpeg

Unfortunately it was missing something:

41EA6216-984E-4D29-AA3A-14EBB6495008.jpeg

My brother is contacting blu-fin about it, but this week has not been nice to me on terms of finding missing parts in a figure/toy.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That's actually really cool.

Damn that sucks. Hopefully Bluefin helps out, even if it's an exchange.

5. sages

sages Well-Known Member

I was a little worry about the Leo selling only 1000 yen which will affect its quality.
    It's not a great looking kit but it looks decent and even comes with the shield do not half bad.

Wonder if Bandai will release the head that can swivel 360 degree in the PB kit, like they did in the Robot Spirits Leo, along with the other option equipment.
    [​IMG]

Yet another Jegan kit. Can't believe I still haven't got tired of it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can build 99% of the kit without checking the instruction now.
    Just need to confirm the PC joints to use for one or two places.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    Nothing wrong with a few Jegan... except for one you have, I don't. CONROY!!!!

The Leo though shows promise for an improved, simplified engineering for troop building. GUNJAP.net has the typical Bandai poster for the kit and it's got something interesting going on... can't reshare it at the moment.

7. kazukun

kazukun HAACHAMACHAMA~

Yeah, they asking for parts number, but there is none since the internal frame is pre-assembled. The last page in the instructions has the entire arm replaced at 3000 yen per limb, so if that is what they are asking for I’d rather have my bro ask amazon for an exchage.

Also I didn’t get a notification when you quoted me, weird.

8. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    Yeeesh @kazukun . Last I looked at Blue Fin's parts service, they want you to show the box with the Blue Fin Logo and the assembly. and I don't know if their parts department is even running right now. but for that kit being what it is, I think you might just have to take the exchange through Amazon.

---

The recent Wing talk convinced me to built the Drei Zwerg clone I got for my RG Wing Gundam.. It's not an official Bandai part set, so expected grinding, drilling, flash shaving, and sanding was abound...

20180127_002003.jpg

I'll add some color to it later after the glue dries.

9. kazukun

kazukun HAACHAMACHAMA~

Well, at least they are responding (I've been bcc on their e-mail exchange), so it exist.

10. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    If they can help, that's all that matters.

11. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gotta love those in-scale pilot figures!

[​IMG]

Hm.

But yeah, this kit is awesome! A ton of it is under-gated, and the joints are nice and tight thanks to the screws (well, I accidentally stripped one, but I worked around that).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think the only things I would want would be thigh swivels and fists. Mostly for the "Look, the East is burning red!" pose. I mean, I guess I could use the beam sash hand...

Also, I just noticed I left the chest compressed in those last two pics. Ah well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. sages

sages Well-Known Member

^ Those hands on master gundam look beautiful. Don't see stock hand this good often.

You mean the knee joints?
    [​IMG]
    From this picture, you can attach the joint later after completing the thigh and lower leg, less hassle to paint.
    I am curious to see how this will turn out too.
    It also seems to reduce part counts for Bandai so could be the reason of Leo cheap price, a potential WIN-win situation to Bandai and us.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

So since the Leos are a part of the Gunpla Evolution Project, what is their advancement? I can't read Japanese, so I don't know what the posters say.

14. sages

sages Well-Known Member

Don't really ready Japanese either but I think the first box means new joint design. The second box means visual part placement. The left leg and arm will be on the left side of the runner and vice versa. The body parts will be on top. The last box means precise detail and color recreation. I am guessing the plastic color will be closer to the original design. The box also mention 6 colors for this kit or something so the yellow eye, the grey eye frame, the red parts on the head should all be colored and won't need stickers. Anyway, don't really read Japanese so I could be really off here.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    According to people who have read it, the model is designed to be quick and easy to build for troop building purposes, so it's easier and more rewarding to build it over an over again.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    When you look at the picture, you can see how the Leo is a two runner model, plus or minus polycaps. Green armor parts, gray joints, and weapons. The green runner is obviously the entire body, but for the rest If they do it with Multi-gate, there's the two grays for the rifle, the red for the head and the yellow eye which I'm afraid might just be decals.

-
    Back in the shop, I used my Molotow chrome pen on the search eye for my RG Wing Gundam last night after I was done gluing the parts together for its Drei Zwergs.

20180127_110006.jpg

and rinsed off the parts for my RG ReZEL Defendor. I felt like working on this kit since I was tossing around the heifer calf I named after it. She was so cute yesterday when I had to manually remove her from the feedlot. I picked her up and she literally curled up in my arms.
    20180125_091246.jpg

17. piraniq

piraniq New Member

HI! CAN YOU PLS TELL ME WHAT GUNDAM THIS IS? I DONT KNOW HOW TO CREATE A POST SO I USED THIS ONE, SORRY. PLS HELP, TNX
    20180128_010834.jpg

18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's the Advanced Grade Gundam Legilis from Gundam AGE.

19. Hadlen_Weltall

News Credits:
    I WAS going to do some work on my RG Wing Gundam's Drei Zwerg last night...

About a year ago I bought an aftermarket dupilication of the original weapon set made by some company called "Queen," but put it in the backlog with a few other weapon kit projects. All this Wing talk made me crack the case open.

On Friday I started building the weapon, but typical of a quality imitation of the original, it had a fair amount of mold flash and bubbled edges I had to sand smooth and also take my pin vice and diamond rotary bits to get parts to fit together.
    20180127_002003.jpg

With the glue dried, sanding done....Everything was all set for me to start painting.
    20180127_212612.jpg
    Even did a test fit on the 'horse shoe' clip that fits it to the Wing Gundam's beam rifle. It's funny how Bandai planned this kit would also use the Gundam Ace/Hobby Japan weapon parts. The Drei Zwerg runner also still has the adapters to fit it to the Wing Zero Custom I don't have (YET).

I'm going to break up the solid gray look with some of my "FRAME Gray" (1/1 mix of Engine Gray and Flat Black) I mixed for RG kits... however.... the bottle slipped out of my hand and spilled out all over my desk... Luckily I had the ingredient paints to make more.

20. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That's like a real, constant fear of mine.