Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Skullhammer

Skullhammer Powermaster

Funny, I built this guy yesterday. Retro week, I guess :D 

[​IMG]

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    Whoa, blast from the past. And interesting timing. I just put the Origin Zaku I on my short list.

3. Skullhammer

Skullhammer Powermaster

That`s a great kit, would like to see the Zaku1 Tri Star Version and the the regular green Zaku 2 with this mold.

4. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    A lot of people probably would. I'm sure we'll get a Green Zaku II once Origin Episode 5 hits.

5. XW1n5t0nX

XW1n5t0nX This is NOT Member Title

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Gunpla and Cow Master

Testing to see if Google will cooperate again like it used to, so I don't have to post this from my tablet with direct upload from my Photos program.

If you've been watching the 24 hour storm that hit South Georgia, I've been living through it. Fortunately, no casualties but our fields are under water. I was outside this morning dislodging debris from the drainage ditch that empties out along the fence line. Meanwhile friends of my family, 3 miles down the road had the roof ripped off their pond-house, and some of the trailer parks in the surrounding areas that got hit by the winds don't exist
    anymore.

Anyway, on topic, since the weather has been what it is, I've had the day inside to work on the RG Blue Frame and I finally got my paint recipe right!

[​IMG]

Testors Model Master Acrylics, I've used 1 (1/2 oz) bottle of Dark Blue to a mixture from 1/4 bottle of Clear Blue and Semi-Gloss White. It's a good two coat mix to best level it all out and it actually goes on dark plastic pretty well without too much priming.

[​IMG]

7. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    The Zaku I is on my short list as well, result of "too late to be useful" scenario.

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

Heads up! HLJ just launched a stand campaign for IBO where specially denoted kits (easily found through this link) will come with one of four randomly selected IBO themed stands (as in each qualifying kit counts for one stand, I.E. two qualifying kits = two stands while supplies last), and these are Gunpla across the board and NOT exclusively IBO. Or even full KITS - the option kits count if they're on the list!

Being the absolutely responsible person with money that I am, I went ahead and bought IBO MS Option Set 3 because I fucking love the OG Gusion and as luck would have it, the MSO Discovery Dom Test Type is part of the promotion so I went 100% FUCK IT mode and bought the missing member of my Space Strike Fleet trio even though I haven't even started the Waff yet. So that's one MS I needed for set completion, the MS option kit for 100%-ing Gusion (plus a Galajorn Mobile Worker which will look absolutely baller in my Chain Base diorama), and TWO IBO BASES which as bases I am always in short supply of.

For only $30 shipped SAL. Good thing I'm getting paid extra this week for covering a co-worker's shift on Tuesday!

9. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Nice, the Gouf R35 is part of the promotion literally just after I bought it. :lol 

EDIT: Ack, same with the Silver Bullet, God damn!

EDIT2: I shot them an email since I've been meaning to ask what's up with the GM (it showed as in stock after I preordered it, so I'd like to think they'd have accounted for all preorders before allowing stock to be put up on the site) and asked about the promotional stands for the two kits I literally just paid for. I don't expect much but HLJ has surprised me with how cool they are in the past, like when I accidentally left an item on preorder that I fully intended to cancel, and they cancelled it for me without me having to pay, so who knows.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  10. Hadlen_Weltall

Only thing I saw on HLJ today was how lucky I was for snipe ordering one of those Gojulas Cannon sets for my drunken backlog purchase of ultimate destiny! DISCONTINUED. According to HLJ but I wouldn't expect Kotobukiya to keep something like that around for long especially when the companion model is hard to find these days.

On the Blue Frame front, spent most of my rainy day doing the small stuff, I haven't even begun to really build it yet.
    20170122_195325-1.jpg

Testing how my pattern is looking and contemplating where to keep adding paint. I was thinking the fin tips to match what I did to the shoulder armor.

20170122_195851-1.jpg

I hate when Bandai uses asymmetric/cloned part ankle armor because it usually leaves a bad gap in the part seem, so when I glue the joint together, I'll paint that section too. I'm thinking go with White because the part is light gray.

• Like Like x 1
  11. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    "Gimme your lunch money!"

zakus02.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  12. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    As it turns out, the new MG GM Sniper II is not entirely a new kit. It uses some parts of the MG RX-78-2 Gundam Ver.2.0's frame and the MG Gundam AGE-1 Normal's hands.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kidreaper

Kidreaper Reaper

Yeah I was just watching that. Bummer.

[​IMG]

How do you like the Mega size? I thought about getting one but everyone I talked to said it was just a mammoth HG and not really worth it.

14. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, it's a giant HG kit, but marketed toward kids and beginners because of its needle-thin gates (removing the need for nippers, in theory), the part numbers stamped on the back of the parts, an enclosed multitool to remove the parts from the runner and safely separate two halves (and, for this kit, to rotate the monoeye), and a beginner's guide published by Hobby Japan and Dengeki Hobby. The parts count is pretty minimal, but a majority of the time in completing the kit is on the sheer amount of panel lines that rival those of '90s Gundam Wing and Gundam X kits.

So if it's a rather dull kit, why did I buy it? My local toy store had it for roughly US$70 - considering that its box price is 7,800 yen. Also, I'll be doing a cheap re-enactment of Gundam Build Fighters episode 13 soon.

15. Autobot Burnout

According to the fine print, if you have qualifying kits in your Private Warehouse that ship DURING this promotion, each kit will come with a IBO base so long as supplies last though it will be random which of the four you get (and since they don't mention WHICH four are even in the pool of choices it's a real grab bag but hey, IBO is fucking amazing so you can't really lose no matter who you get). And yeah, HLJ is pretty rad - they gave me free EMS shipping on the second Chain Base kit because of a slight miscommunication error just last month so my loyalty to them is well earned.

For some reason Kotobukiya is allergic to money since things that would consistently sell like hotcakes, I.E. the Chain Bases kits,, don't get produced on the order of years because they have a small factory and are limited in what they can produce. And apparently expanding isn't in their minds even though, again, they're literally sitting on enough popular franchises to have money printing operation if they actually did expand.

CUE THE THEME MUSIC

16. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Good to hear about the base promotions. Well, kinda, since if the GM does take too long I may not be shipping these kits any time soon. :lol  Then again I may just get a random fourth kit like the Hyakushiki and save the GM for when MP Cheetor hits next month.

17. Autobot Burnout

I'd say ship as soon as you can to take advantage of the promotion. You know those option kits you need for all the weapons for Full City? They count toward the promotion despite costing LESS than the actual base would, which is why I picked up the third set with the Gusion axes instead of a full MS kit (was looking toward the Ritter or the Reginlaze but decided against it since I already have the R-Gyagya and Waff in backlog, the Gundam USA store mystery box next month, and god knows I'm going to eventually get around to finishing that fucking AGE-1 Razor because I never painted the blades) in addition to the Dom Test Type.

18. Hadlen_Weltall

I actually like the idea of using the Version 2.0 frame, proves that Bandai isn't treating GMs as oversed High Grades. But the amount of parts exclusive to the GM make a difference.

19. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    I want to wait until I hear back from HLJ about the GM. Seems silly to rush my kits out when it could only be a few days until I'm billed for the GM.

Though if it ends up mine counts as backordered, which would be BS, I'll probably grab that Gunpla Battle Arm Arms. I need better parts to finalize the space gettup for the EZ-AC once it's painted, the arms I have holding the sheilds are kinda crappy and look ugly from behind, and using the EZ-SR's boosters makes it feel too much like that kit. Hell I might just grab it regardless.

20. Blurrz

Blurrz J├Ągermeister Senpai

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    The IBO stands are quality. I def recommend

Anyways. Squad is up. Time to decal/mark everyone :)  Hate how I only started with the Duel but oh well.
    IMAG0989_BURST002_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1