Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Just finished painting and assembling the 1/100 Full Action RX-93 Nu Gundam, and I used a third-party Ver.Ka decal sheet for the final touches. I've realized that this kit is more of a relic than I thought. The diecast parts are supposed to balance the weight of the upper body with the Fin Funnels equipped, but the loose joints make it extremely difficult to do any poses. Despite having System Injection, you'll be spending more time painting it than assembling it. And just like early MG kits, this one sucks at holding its weapons. Worse is that it's not compatible with the Action Base 1 because its hip joints are far too high for the fork connectors to hold it.

In short, this kit is for hardcore fans of the Nu Gundam only. You're better off with either of the two MG kits or the HGUC kit if you want a Nu Gundam.

1988nugundam01.JPG 1988nugundam02.JPG 1988nugundam03.JPG 1988nugundam04.JPG 1988nugundam05.JPG 1988nugundam06.JPG 1988nugundam07.JPG 1988nugundam08.JPG 1988nugundam09.JPG 1988nugundam10.JPG 1988nugundam11.JPG 1988nugundam12.JPG 1988nugundam13.JPG

Here's my current Nu Gundam family.
    1988nugundam14.JPG

Coming soon: The MG RX-93 Nu Gundam Ver.1.0.

• Like Like x 3
  2. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so i dont post alot here.. but last week i finished the 1/100 gunner zaku warrior lunamaria kit and its really nice, sure its no 1/100 MG. trying to get some more gundam seed destiny kits this year so i can get the collection of gundams complete

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    So I'm gonna paint my MkII Gundam in AUEG colours because the Titans deco is too dark for my shelves. Plus, if I ever get into Zeta, I'll have one down.

Wish I had just gone with the white deco to start but ech I need more practice anyhow.

EDIT: BTW, magazine scans showed the HGUC Ground GM unpainted, and the knee spikes are indeed seperate parts, which is badass. As if I didn't want this turned into a Gundam Ground Type as it was.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

My sister somehow got me a small can of ruling gold leaf spray paint before she had to go back to college, so now I have the means to fix the horrid marbled gold plastic on the R-Gyagya (managed to trick the smartphone autocorrect on that one!)to make it so much better.

Once the cold snap ends in two months lol. Haven't needed to spray paint anything in years so I'm taking no chances.

5. sages

sages Well-Known Member

Looking forward to your comparison against the MG 1.0. They seem to be very similar in term of proportion.

My pre-Christmas orders finally arrived in fall last week. Even the EMS order took 2 weeks to arrive so I was a little worried about the SAL shipments which usually take less than 3 weeks to arrive.

[​IMG]

Also scored a MG Turn X at a great price from a local collector last week.
    Now I have some backlog of my own. I used to think it's pointless to have backlog. Gunpla kit reissues quite often so no point in buying kits if you are not building them. These PB kits kind of change my hobbit of buying Gunpla in advance to avoid paying after market price, and those constant sales too...

[​IMG]

Finally get my hand on the HGUC S Gundam, more than 10 years after getting the HGUC EX-S.
    Never liked the kit because it looked terrible compared to the original design.
    With the Widen hip, it doesn't look half-bad.
    [​IMG]

Wish we could get the revive of the HGUC EX-S and S.
    [​IMG]

Robot Spirits EX-S looks good but I am not paying that kind of money for it.

6. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Gunpla and Cow Master

Nice to see a Prototype Stark Jegan!

Honestly I much prefer both of the Master Grade S-Gundam and Ex-S despite it being an airborne brick suspended forever. But to see it in this scale and level of construction for its time is incredible.
    [​IMG]

Edit: oh btw, yes. I did transform it into G-Cruiser Mode!
    [​IMG]

/end edit.

Not to spoil it from A7, I want to hear his view too, but here's a couple pics comparing the Version 1 to the KA.

Full kits:
    [​IMG]

Inner frames, diecast ankles and waist versus all plastic.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  7. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Um... is there a reason why the MS RObot Spirits Barbatos is showing up on Amazon for $366 and $441?

8. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Sometime this year, I will be doing an ultimate comparison between all three 1/100 kits. I'll be working on the MG Ver.1.0 this week. And while I do have a Ver.Ka, it's a Daban Model bootleg (complete with red psychoframe and Double Fin Funnel parts), so it's not ideal for comparison. Unfortunately, my local hobby shop ran out of the Ver.Ka and I don't want to pay an extra US$20 to get it at other shops.

Anyway, here are some bonus pics:

1988nugundampreview19.jpg
    Gotta love the old-school Engrish on the sticker sheet.

1988nugundampreview20.JPG
    The 1/100 Full Action RX-93 Nu Gundam's diecast parts.

mgnugundampreview07.JPG

A comparison between the Full Action and MG Ver.1.0's diecast parts.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BW megatron

BW megatron tiran

Because he sells so extremely well???

Just kidding :) 

RD isn't selling as fast as it used to be due to outrages prices and exclusives

10. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    One more snapshot. Just pretend the one on the right is an official Bandai kit.

1988nugundam15.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. XW1n5t0nX

XW1n5t0nX This is NOT Member Title

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Autobot Burnout

So, apparently there's a Gunpla loot box now.
    USA Gundam Store Membership
    $30 + $4 shipping on average. Just started last month but this month's boxes are reportedly containing RG kits and some decent modeler's materials. Thinking about signing up myself if only to help build up a backlog over time.

And yes, SPLIT, they ship to Canada.

EDIT: Went ahead and bought a one month box to try it out - in one of the boxes from this month was RG Freedom, one of the mini-bears, two Tamaya paints, a sanding file, and extremely lovely generic waterslides.

Plus this will help me with always being indecisive about what kits to get - a randomized gunpla every month sounds like fun and with bonus materials I can't get anywhere else, I can't wait for next month already.

13. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    <:'D

Okay, definitely checking this out, even if I don't get this month's. EDIT: Oof, that's $45 USD by UPS, which is about $60 Cnd. RIP the dream.

On a different topic, but I was thinking of getting the 08th MS Team MGs. The only old MGs I have are Shining and God Gundam, but they're actually some of my favourites because they're so solid when built. Are the 08th ones similar?

14. Autobot Burnout

I'll let you guys know what's in my box next month, as it cost $35 for me. But for two kits, some modeling paints, decals (or option parts the page says), and even a modeling tool, it might be worth the expense.

The Ball unit I think is, but the old Ground Gundam MG is a bit dated. It can kneel and that's about it AFAIK.

15. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    It can BARELY even do that much.

16. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Well, kneeling is better than any of my current MGs can do. :lol  Then again, most of my MGs are Wing kits where the lower leg is nearly as tall as the thigh and torso combined.

17. Hadlen_Weltall

I liked the MG Ground Type GM (hehe bookend statement), but its those original MG hinge-hands that ruin it.

18. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Hinge hands?

EDIT: This is it, right? I think I see what you mean, the fingers being on hinges and not ball joints?

It actually does look good, despite its age. The visor looks kinda tall but otherwise I think it looks cool. (as does the Ground Gundam seen with it)

19. Hadlen_Weltall

Yeah, original style of Master Grade hands had hinged fingers and a squared off palm with a ball jointed thumb. the shape of the palm and bend in the fingers made the hinge space too tight to handle holding weapons.

20. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I've been meaning to get some replacement hands for the few old MGs I even have, but that's been on the short list for a long time and I'm more focused on an HG collection