Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Kidreaper

Kidreaper Reaper

Never using GGINFINITE again. Got burned twice and not willing to risk a third time.

That proxy service looks interesting but they don't have much available yet. Looks like gentei it is.

2. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

O wO Ow O

^w^

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Lean Mean Angry Machine

News Credits:
    Funny, I think I've only ever had the one pair of Xurons all my life (and this is going back over a decade) and they STILL cut just fine despite handling the workload of model cars, trains, and Gundams.

Nah, Gray 0 Gundam itself shouldn't be an issue, so long as they make the A.C.D. 'because this was meant to look like the RX-78-2 anyway' color scheme - a can or two of gray spray paint can solve that issue.

The Wings of Light though...yeah, pretty much the only reason to get Gray 0 Gundam is for that pose.

4. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

Mind if I ask how? I have used them a decent amount and the only issue I had was my Gusion/Rebake 1/100 order being overlooked (and they shipped it right out when I called), but thats once out of 5-6 uses.

5. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    RG sinanju review

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence, I think I'll wait for others in the thread to weigh in with their experiences before deciding to get it or not

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Well fuck. Most anticipated model kit of the year for me and it's a floppy turd.

7. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    I'm beginning to think Bandai is starting to learn the limits for how far MG engineering can be scaled down to 1/144. This advanced joint system they made for RG is not holding up to the more complex designs.

8. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

I'd say some of it has to do with mold wear from age. I haven't worked on my RG G3 in a while but something about it feels like the mold is breaking down, texture and excess skin on the parts.

Also isn't the Sinanju using the joints from the Mk2/GP01?

-
    I was checking out Gaijin Gunpla's review in progress and it doesn't look that bad, but he's still building it.

9. Kidreaper

Kidreaper Reaper

I ordered an MG Altron (which was in stock) from them and after three emails and four paypal messages I received no response from them. Paypal rep also informed me that they weren't able to get in touch with them either. So after about two months Paypal sent me a refund. Before that I had preorder the EZ SR Maxima along with Roy Focker's VF-1S so after a PayPal message they finally responded only to tell me that my address was not a valid shipping address. Which is a load of horse shit as it is a confirmed address. After I asked what the exact problem was and which carrier they were trying to use, I recieved no responses for about two months before paypal stepped in and issued me a refund.

All of the other stores I have no ordering problems with, this is the first where it has left a really sour taste in my mouth. I missed out on two exclusives that I now have to hunt down or wait till Bandai decides to reissue it again, which I am hoping for as they recently reissued Tallgeese II&III but EZ SR Maxima might be a lost cause.

10. sages

sages Well-Known Member

^nippon-yassan has both versions in stock if you don't mind paying the markup.

11. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

Having a little hobby time tonight, first I'm watching paint dry on a Porsche.
    [​IMG]

It only looks textured because of the paint mix is silver, gunmetal and gloss black. it's really much smoother because I Pledge coated it and will be better once I give it a finishing lacquer after I put on the decals.

so now I'm watching glue dry on the GN Katars from the Seven Swords.
    [​IMG]

Aside from the two plates and center handle that hold them together as a double ended blade, I'm done with the weapons.

12. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Got this yesterday. I had no idea the MG quelby was so big. Im so tempted to get one to take home.

Attached Files:

13. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Oh, man, Crossbone GBFT? Be prepared for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of sticker work.

14. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Get it, it's awesome

[​IMG]

15. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Here's a quick photoshoot of my HGUC Zeta Plus A1 and some comparisons with its older MG version. Despite being a partsformer, it's a huge improvement over the HGUC Zeta Gundam with its tighter joints and the Wave Rider mode's compatibility with an Action Base. I still prefer the MG kit, as it's the easiest to transform among all the MG Zeta kits.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    ^Sexy!

17. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    so i heard somewhere that the nobell kit is being reissued, is that true?

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I've always wanted the HGUC Zeta Plus. It's cool looking. I've wanted a transforming jet MS for a while now, and I've narrowed it down to the Zeta Plus, Delta Kai Gundam, or the ReZEL commander type. Which would you say is most recommended of those three?

Do Gundam kits get reissued? I thought they never went out of "print."

19. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Zeta Plus is a really great kit, as it's very presentable as a straight build. If anything needs painting, it's the beam cannons on the side skirts and that's it.

I don't have the Delta Kai yet, but after watching rrobbert184's video review, I concluded that it's not for me. The kit is too sticker-heavy - especially on the false shoulder and ankle parts for the Wave Rider mode. And because it uses specific shades of purple and yellow, it'll be a PITA to mix those colors to get them right. If you want a Delta, get the Delta Plus instead. The Delta Gundam is also good, unless you're not into chrome plated parts.

I have a ReZEL Commander Type, but unfortunately, it's a Chinese KO and it's pretty bad. So until I can procure an original Bandai kit, I can't give a recommendation on this model yet.

There's also the ZII, which I highly recommend. Can't wait to get the HGBF ZZII either this month or next month.

20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just realize that in HGUC 1/144, none of these kits "transform". You generally have a torso block, and a transformed fuselage block, and you just tack the legs and various kibble bits to either form a specific mode.

ReZEL commander also doesn't have a particularly great "jet" mode. It's just rocket engines on a brick, pretty much, with wings and a nosecone tacked to it that make it kinda streamlined in some angles (mostly from the top. From the side, the verticality of the thing is pretty obvious), but overall not really. It's kinda crudely charming in a "top-down shooter videogame" sort of way, though.