Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

Got any pics?

2. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats the direction im taking now, i used to airbrush the entire kit but that just takes entirely too much of my time. From now on ill just airbrush certain parts and basically whatever is covered by stickers, panel line, decal, topcoat, and weather. On the Epyon and Wing Zero ill painting those bright yellow parts in gold.

3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking I'll do if I get another one...

Unfortunately, no. And the kit is in storage on the other side of the Pacific. Which is why I'm really considering getting another one, even though my space to store or display stuff here is really limited.

lol that's what I do, too. Those old 1/100 "HG" Wing kits really made an impression on me back in the day, and now I almost always paint Wing suits' yellow parts in gold.

4. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A painted inner frame is nice, but given that 90% of it will be hidden 99% of the time, I'm not sure if it's worth all the paint, time, and effort.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Well, I'm pretty miffed right now. After several filming sessions I found the left elbow joint of my EZ-SR has split right open.
    [​IMG]
    I'll admit I probably wasn't as diligent as I should've been in cleaning up, and I may have overworked it, but good grief is this so frickin' irritating after having to do this same damned surgery numerous times on my Ground Types...

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I plan to do 'paint touch-ups' such as the 'whites' on the RX-78-1 Gundam, the yellow on the Gogg where the cannons are stored...it's just that I keep getting distracted by other purchases.

Yeah, I agree. While I think its extremely cool to paint the inner frame, I won't do it even if I have the necessary equipment as my kits will be er, covered up.

7. Kidreaper

Kidreaper Reaper

Man working on this PG Unicorn is somewhat exhausting. Just finished assembling and wiring up the legs and I just exhausted and amazed as how much parts went into each leg. But after trying out the lights... man I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Did anyone else apply those foil decals to the psycho frame on the skirts? Wondering if they make any difference.

8. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    So today I found a piece underneath my desk after I've already finished building my two gunpla, and I have no idea where it's supposed to go. Can someone help me identify it and who it belongs to? My two kits are an RG 1/144 Zeta Gundam and a HG RX-0 Psycho-Frame Unicorn Gundam (Destroy Mode) bundled with a 1/48 head display base.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That just looks like a chunk of scrap sprue plastic, not an actual piece of a model. I'd guess it came from the RG Zeta's frame runner.

10. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

That's exactly what that is, I just scoped out Dalong's page.
    [​IMG]

meanwhile, Thanks to everybody else 'busting out' their Busters.. I'm getting back to work on mine!
    [​IMG]

11. Sinestro00

Sinestro00 Fully vaccinated and ready to party!

I'm about where your are in terms of progress. It is very tedious, but not more so than the backpack/funnel assembly for PG Freedom Gundam. I twisted one side of mine the wrong way and snapped it off inside the mechanism, but was able to glue it, and it's still functional. I also screwed up one of the rifles. I now take my sweet time on my PG kits. :) 

Got my PG Unicorn skirting done yesterday (probably about 12hrs total into the build), and I'm working on the arms now. I did apply the foil decals, but I am waiting until I get it done to check out destroy mode to see the big reveal. Looks awesome with the light seeping through the panel seams in Unicorn mode. I read somewhere that there are supposed to be two modes for the LEDs, but so far, I only see one. Maybe all of them have to be connected to see it?...

12. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

I get my kits from Amazon and ebay.

Ps. I got a testor compressor from Amazon so I will do some airbrush on some gundams just to try it out, make sure it works.

13. Kidreaper

Kidreaper Reaper

I thought the second mode be the shutdown sequence? The most tedious I've done was Sazabi ver ka funnels, Nu ver ka and Hi Nu ver ka fin funnels. Haven't done the water slides for them either. The wiring is what's really slowing me down. I think I'm about 10 hours total build time (not including prep time) up to the skirts. The empty runners are really piling up.

14. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

Another project I put on the back burner for a while... I'm working on the "Weapon Unit Equipment Type" for my MG Astray Red Frame.
    I looked at the real Caletvwlch and added some Hi-Q mono-eyes to the sides of the weapon body for where those crystal (sensors?) are supposed to be.
    [​IMG]

Once the glue dries I'll paint over them with a sharper Clear Green.

15. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Sorry, my wording came out wrong... Like, I agree with YOU that the original weapons are more... normal and great looking. The upgrades just... look so strange.

16. typev3

typev3 @VinceSanchez

Finished my Mega Shiki this past week; probably my favourite of the BFT kits so far!
    [​IMG]
    HGBF Mega Shiki.jpg

---

Also, my other 2 EZ-SRs finally came into stock again!

17. Merchhounds

Merchhounds Well-Known Member

So I just got this in today.

[​IMG]

And I found this in it.

[​IMG]

I don't know much about the Try's. So is this just something they are doing for all of them or is it just random on what one it is?

18. fafireguy

fafireguy Leader

No, that is a campaign, think of takara's shiny translucent microns, during a certain period of time, you got Burning during that period

19. Merchhounds

Merchhounds Well-Known Member

Cool.

20. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

continue to work on my PG..

for some reason, mark setter doesnt seems to work on painted surface, the decal doesnt stick until i apply mark softer.

what did i do wrong here? mark setter is the one that acted like a glue, right?

Attached Files: