Let's see your Gundams

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 13, 2007.

1. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Out in Dallas for vacation this week and picked these off craigslist :D 

[​IMG]

2. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just saw that MG DX. Finally!

3. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    Current progress with HG Destroy Mode RX-0 Unicorn Gundam

[​IMG]

I'm trying to finish his legs by 2015. 1 hour 52 minutes and counting!

EDIT:

[​IMG]

Finished with 7 minutes left in 2014!

(I'll repose it later. Gotta party.)

4. Kidreaper

Kidreaper Reaper

The angled hands might take a different set of covers. You should check the manual to make sure you are using the right parts.

5. Fr33domgundam

Fr33domgundam Well-Known Member

Actually, the MG Wing Zero EW is a scaled-down version of the PG; the PG is not a scaled-up version of the MG.

The PG Wing Zero came out around the year 2000, and the MG was released roughly in 2004. The MG "fixed" some of the design/proportions/details/issues from the PG incarnation, which is probably why you're saying that the decals, while looking the same (albeit different sizes) fit better on the MG than on the PG.

6. ShadowMagnus

ShadowMagnus Sekai no Hakaishin

Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    I will just leave this here my 1st custom paintjob of 2015: Hyper Mode Burning Gundam!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Ranger Silver 6

Ranger Silver 6 Bang Bang

There's only 2 sets of covers, for the holding hands and for the open hands. The holding hand covers are the only ones with the right sized pegs, but they simply don't fit. A friend of mine with the kit was able to get them on just fine though, but they just plain won't go in on mine.

8. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Picked up the MG Universe booster last week and I built it together with the MG Build Strike Gundam...basically I combined both kits into the Star Build Strike but I haven't build the gun and the shield....so I'm using the Build Strike's weapons which I prefer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Definitely the most colourful MG kit I have ever built. It was quite an enjoyable build but I found the Universe Booster abit tedious...maybe it was just me getting impatient???

9. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

The barrel tip of your gun is missing. There should be the usual Gundam barrel tip on front of that extension piece, unless you left it off on purpose.

10. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V The token Asian one

okay question for you guys. I want to build a model of the Takemikazuchi but I no longer have any of my supplies. So, what exactly should I look for in order to build it correctly. I remember way back building the 1/144 Gundam Wing guys with scissors and nail clippers...I got other things after that, but I haven't made anything since the 1/100 Wildwurger was brand new (my absolute favorite btw) and I totally forget what I should use.

I just don't think buying a pre-made figure will do it for me, especially since the only ones readily available are the revoltech's which are like 5" tall...and the Volks A3 seems to be going for like $150...unless it's a good size, that's totally not worth it.

Thanks!

11. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Thank you for agreeing with me that the weapons from the normal Build Strike are so much nicer and cooler than the Star Build's. But I added the energy absorber to the shield, yet didn't change the nozzle, so it'll still absorb energy, but still be able to fire back lasers like a secondary weapon.

12. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

Here's my two reviews of the non-scale versions. I sprinkle them with tips and tool bits.

Takemikaduchi | CollectionDX
    Takemikaduchi Type-00F | CollectionDX

I remember I really only used my fine tipped cutters, x-acto knife, watercolor paint brushes and acrylic paints, and a set of rounded needle files.

13. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V The token Asian one

Ah, Awesome. Was especially looking at the 00F too. Hmm...so I'm going to need paint and some fine tip brushes or markers huh? I remember I use to do some panel lines with an ultra super fine tip Sharpie. I see you got the limited version though that included the stand. I might try searching for that one instead of just quickly getting the one that's readily available out now. Seems to fit well with it. & I'm going to have to make a note on that neck piece too. Thanks Hadlen :D 

Question. So is HLJ or Amiami still the best place to buy kits nowadays?

14. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

PG Unicorn has left customs and will now arrive any day.

:D 

15. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

Apparantly according to GGInfinite there is a shortage of LED kits and they can't fill all PO's, and will finish filling them at the April restock. Hoping when BBTS gets theirs that they have enough to fill through my PO at least. If not I guess I'll just build it without it and plan to pseudo disassemble to add it in (which should be possible according to the instructions)

16. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Oh? I must have been rushing through while in lunch break. I was building both kits (Build Strike & Universe Booster) and straight away combining them.

Now that you mention it, I do recall seeing a 'gun tip'...DOH!

Hmmm, one of the reasons why I like the Build's guns is because I don't have to paint it or add stickers to it - unlike the Star Build's.

Can't say I 'agree' with you because I never saw your original comment.

On a side note - Happy New Year everyone!

17. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I don't know why, but the Zaku II is my favorite inner frame of any MG I've built. It's not the best by any means; I just like the way it looks. I painted mine black and drybrushed silver over it. I almost want to buy another MG Zaku II just to do the inner frame again.

18. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

Same to you! Great job on the Star Build Strike, can't wait to see it with the finished... gun!

meanwhile... speaking of Happy New Years, I promised JoshB I would have it ready, but I didn't count on Food Poisoning putting a delay on my plans.

Master Grade MBF-P02 Gundam Astray Red Frame | CollectionDX

Happy reading!

19. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You should do an open hatch or exposed frame build!!

20. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Take care with that bout of food poisoning! I got hit once and depending on the severity, it really is unpleasant experience.

With regards to the Star Build Strike's gun...I really dislike the usage of stickers. Bandai could have and should have given separate pieces for the 'green'.

I'm thinking of picking up a air brush next month or so to do this type of 'minor' touch-ups. As much as I like the look of a fully painted model kit, I still find it a waste to to paint over a MG kit that has good colour segregation.

Yeah, I like the Zaku II's inner frame too...so much so that I find it relaxing to build them. As it stands, I have 6 MS-06J grunts! They look so cool as a group!