Let's see your 12 inch Figures!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by LigerPrime, Dec 29, 2007.

1. MechaFanboy

MechaFanboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's fairly common for HT to miss their scheduled release date, ironman Mark L had an initial release date of q4 2018, and we are just seeing preview copies of it right now. Won't be surprised if mark 85 slips to 2021. And yeah, the wait time for HT products can be excruciatingly long, HT Hulkbuster was legendary in that regards.

2. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

That’s kinda what I’m wondering about. I mean, I’m sure the mark 85 will absolutely be worth the wait, but damn 2021 is crazy. Oh well, so long as it’s the best Iron Man they’ve done, it’ll be superb. I get giddy just looking at the product pics.

Also, this is a question I’ll throw out to anybody who has experience, but is the rubbery material of Thanos’s arms made of good quality? Like, am I gonna have to be worried about it in the future even if it’s just in a museum pose? I’d love to leave it posed for long periods, but I think I just gotta accept that Hot Toys can’t always allow that. That’s a concern the Iron Man figures don’t have thankfully

3. MechaFanboy

News Credits:
    Don't own a HT thanos. Based on what I heard and read, museum pose is fine, the instruction did mention that extreme poses over a prolonged period could potentially damage the figure. It's for this reason I'm skipping the HT armored Thanos, it's likely to share the same weakness which is limited articulation. There are stories of older HT figures degrading over the decade, it's too soon to tell if IW Thanos would suffer the same fate.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Almost finished with my Armored Punisher to go with my Comic custom Punisher. My head canon making it was, what if Wilson Fisk had a birthday party and all the crime bosses in North America showed up. He could get everyone in 1 shot if he could survive.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  5. Megatron118

I’m not thrilled about the limited articulation either, but I’m just trying to remove that expectation so I don’t end up more disappointed. It seems the Iron Man armors overall are the most articulated because they don’t have clothing restrictions. Everyone else will be forced into a museum pose, but alas.

As for Thanos’ material, it seems it’s strictly the arms? So it shouldn’t have the same degradation problems as the seamless rubber bodies like that Wonder Woman fiasco. I am indeed concerned about making an investment into these figures when they have the potential to get damaged too easily. With the characters I’m looking to get (Mk 85, Thanos, Captain Marvel, and Captain America), it shouldn’t be an issue, but time will tell.
    I guess nothing truly lasts forever anyway. Idk about other collectors, but I can’t display figures in a spotless vacuum chamber like you’d find at research institutions or labs! All I can do is try to moderate the room temp and keep them out of direct sunlight. As long as they hold up reasonably well over the years, it’ll be worthwhile.

All this said, it would be in Hot Toys’ best interest to start ensuring the longevity of their figures by improving materials. But I’m a noob who owns none yet, so maybe I’m naive.

6. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Finally a Nebula! Now where is my Mantis?!

7. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Crap. No wonder they went from sold out to several in stock by the time I shipped mine.

8. borgified

borgified Klingon Bloodwine anyone?

9. MechaFanboy

News Credits:
    There are leaked pictures of HT war machine. It has been implied that Rhodey would change suits throughout the course of the film, so this might not be the only war machine suit in endgame.

[​IMG]

And a 1st look/tease at other HT endgame figures, courtesy of Steven Weintraub.

[​IMG]

10. MechaFanboy

News Credits:
    A closer look at HT ronin and captain america

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Megatron118

Yeah. I don’t own WW, it’s just what I saw online

Wow, those look damn good. Cap is a must for sure. I really really hope it’s the best one they’ve ever done. And it looks like he might actually be in scale with Iron Man this time? I think so anyway. I hope so!

12. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This may be an obvious question to answer, but the 85 armor will be able to do the classic knee-land pose, right? I only have the original Mark VII release that can't pull it off and I want a die-cast version of Iron Man, but if it can't pull off that pose I'm hesitant.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MechaFanboy

News Credits:

I don't think that will be an issue, even the diecast mark 3 (with its' lack of waist articulation), is able to pull off that pose. Articulation is one of the key features of the diecast series, there's usually mechanisms that enable the user to further extend the hip joints, allowing a greater degree of leg movement.

Looking at the mark 85,

[​IMG]

There's gap in the crotch area, and that gap is probably meant to facilitate the extension of the hip joint.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Okay I'm seeing it now. That eases my hesitation a bit. I want this figures to be bad ass because I feel like I'm close to rounding off my core Avengers group.

15. borgified

• Like Like x 2
  16. borgified

17. Megatron118

I have a feeling War Machine will get multiple versions this time with all the armors he’s rumored to have. This first one looks good though.

Hawkeye looks great. I hope they actually make these Endgame figures roughly in scale this time. I had no idea Infinity War Thor was the same height as the others, which just seems weird.

18. Autobot Joyride

Autobot Joyride Well-Known Member

56436556_2116732201777295_9037995772477691567_n.jpg

19. borgified

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  20. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    IMG_20190416_143231.jpg