Let's see your 12 inch Figures!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by LigerPrime, Dec 29, 2007.

1. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm a fan of the character but I won't spend $500 on him. Not worth the monies - if you can't get him cheap, maybe it's better to wait for the avengers 2 version.

Congrats dude. It's a pretty good figure and the likeliness is quite good.

2. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Only HT I'll spend $500 on is Don Corleone, which I just found put existed and has become an instant grail/must have.

I may go up to $400 on Hulk but I will exhaust every avenue first. I'm out on Hawkeye unless I can find one for $350-400. Black Widow is getting too pricey as well. Nick Fury I think is a must tho and I will eventually drop $300 on him.

But soon I think I'm moving on to the DX Keaton Batman and Nicholson Joker.

3. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree, Liger. The likeness is fantastic. I was futzing around with it this morning before work. It's much more poseable than I than I thought it would be. The flight stand makes me nervous though. it leans pretty far forward and looks like it's going to pop out. I absolutely love the colours of the costume!

4. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The 89 Batman figures are must-haves. Especially Keaton. Track down a custom cape for him and he's, in my opinion, perfect.

5. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I'm having a tough time deciding whether I should skip Black Widow and go straight for the Nicholson Joker or Keaton Batman. I have the money for the Joker right now, but won't for Keaton until I sell my extra FP Bruticus. There is a Black Widow on eBay now brand new for $250 which is about as good as it gets now for her and wondering if I should pull the trigger. Probably should since Joker is readily available at retail price from BBTS still and Widow has been creeping up and up and up. I'm the high bidder on a Nick Fury too, will know when I wake up if I got it.

Needless to say I am foregoing the fewture Gokins for hot toys right now and will get the Gokins down the line, but the funds I raised for it are almost at an end and I don't quite have enough to get the '89 figures, Widow, Fury and Hulk. Hawkeye is just out of the question at this point, which is a shame.

6. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is anyone looking for a HT Coulson and/or Avengers Captain America? I may have one of each soon, new, to sell below eBay prices.

7. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Sadly, I DID order extras for my shelves...and then got allocated down below the number of people I hadve on the list that wants him....started with an order of 8 and I'm getting 2...one of which is for me and the other I'm going to need to have a cage match in the store to figure out who gets him...

8. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Really? You ordered 8 and sideshow said to you "sorry, you can only have 2?"

9. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Yeah....there's a few big stores that have been placing such high orders that it messes with everyone elses allotments...

When the Campbell Mary Jane statue came up for pre-order I placed my order within minutes and it was already sold out...I'm getting about half my initial order...

10. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Sideshow usually has a limit on how many a single person can order.

11. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Individuals I understand, not retailers.

12. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No skip the Batman 89 line and get Black Widow. Don't lose hope for your Avengers because Hulk is currently proving difficult to get.

Remember when you said this a few weeks ago?

VVVVVVV

Why spend almost $600 on figures you seem to have little interest in? As nice as they are, if you don't really like Batman, you are wasting your money.

Stick to your goal man, stick with the Avengers.

13. WTF2005

WTF2005 Chaos Commander

Wow, that's some really awesome and thoughtful advice + support. I'm not even part of the convo and I'm impressed. Hats off, Batman.

14. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    He's the goddamn Batman. What else would you expect?

15. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Also, upcoming releases.

[​IMG]

I cannot wait to get the 1/4 Batman. Oh my God.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    1/4 Bats looks Sweeta McNeil.

BUT WHY NO ARKHAM SHIT STILL??

17. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Is anyone else here even getting the 1/4? Feel like I've been the only one talking about it.

Yeah, Arkham. I'm betting an October reveal with Joker now, get on the Origins train. Still though, most wanted figures by far.

18. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got the enterbay 1/4 scale joker so I might pick up bats if the price is right.

19. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Lol. I remember, and nice pull.

At that time I hadn't seen the '89 figures (still pretty new to Hot Toys and 1/6 in general).

My interest in batman waned (Wayned?) with the dark knight. Don't get me wrong, I loved that movie, but I loved it for Gordon, joker and two-face, despite how much I dislike Bale as Batman. The Dark Knight Rises just did me in and since then I've bored with batman saturation with play arts and Mattel. I don't own more than a figure or two, I just mean bored with seeing it and reading about it.

Now, the '89 Batman? Love it. The Keaton and Nicholson figures are great, and I will get them eventually. Only reason I am considering Black Widow is to complete the Avengers which based on the price of Hawkeye will probably never happen (unless they make an Avengers 2 one that fits in). I actually don't really care about Black Widow all that much, like her, don't love her, and certainly like her less than '89 batman/joker.

Simultaneously, I try to get stuff my fiancé will like too, since she has to look at all this crap in our room everyday too. And she loves the '89 batman and joker too, so whatever little bit of interest I lack in them, she makes up for.

Either way, both are getting held off for a while. I just bought Blitzway 1/6 Scarface for her and I. Scarface is her favorite character ever. She flipped out when I bought her the neca little figures, she is going to lose her shit when she sees the 1/6!

Next up is probably Nick Fury and/or Hulk, whichever one I can find for a good price first, though there is a Black Widow I found for 2100, which I might have to jump on.

20. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The 1/4 Batman box is amazing! I love it.

Hot Toys has abandoned Batman in favor of Iron Man. It will be a long time before we see anything from Returns or Arkham I think. I bet the next Batman product we will see from them is the Adam West stuff. I'm still a little pissed that they said we won't be getting a regular TDK Gordon.

He looks great and I want him but there are a few things holding me back.

-The display stand. I hate it. I understand what they were going for but it looks lame. Also not fond of TDKR logo, since I have grown to dislike the movie in recent months.

-Quality control. Still waiting on my 89 Batmobile. I have a 50/50 chance of receiving a defective one. Not happy about those odds and not sure I want to give Hot Toys hundreds of dollars anymore for shoddy product.

-Selection. It has become pretty clear that this will most likely be the only 1/4 Batman figure Hot Toys makes. The whole reason this exists is a big middle finger to Enterbay. Not really sure what I will do with one random 18 inch figure in my collection.

If that's the case, go with 89 Batman first. He is sold out and everyday is getting harder to find. Joker is still available at a lot of places and while he is a nice figure, not as awesome as the Batman.