Let's See Some Fan-Modes Thread!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Brutimus Prime, May 14, 2009.

1. OuterSpaceCrab

OuterSpaceCrab Crustacean

News Credits:
    Is that a raptor in your pants or are you just happy to see me?

• Like Like x 8
  2. pilotmaster70

pilotmaster70 Space Nerd

My god thats amazing!

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

I have a challenge for you to try as soon as you can get your hands on Leader Class Power of the Primes Orion Pax/Optimus Prime.

The challenge is this. While Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime manages to easily pull off two different vehicle modes by simply removing the trailer I don't think that works too well for Orion. His robot mode has a Cybertronian design and it really doesn't make sense for him to transform into an Earth truck millions of years before he ever steps foot on Earth. That being said I'm not too happy with the fact that Orion's vehicle mode is just Optimus Prime without his trailer. So basically someone needs to fan mode a vehicle for Orion Pax. I thought his vehicle mode was actually seen in the cartoon but I can't find any images of it so I suppose we can just do whatever we want with the transformation as long as that windshield on his chest makes up the front and Optimus's windshield is moved to the back. I'm not sure what to do with the robot head and arms given the way it's intended to transform but that's the challenge. I'm pretty sure the legs can just be folded in the opposite direction and transform the same way they do for Optimus Prime but the upper torso needs a lot of work to make it not look like Optimus.

I plan on getting this figure as well as soon as I can and trying to figure out how to get a different vehicle mode out of him for Orion Pax but in case you guys can get a hold of him before I do I want to see what you can come up with. There's gotta be a better way to have Orion Pax in vehicle mode than simply removing the trailer.

Also second challenge... If anyone has both the RID Galvatronus set and Shocknado set, if you can figure out a way to use Shockdrive and Warnado as replacement limbs I'd love to see it. I'm pretty sure if you just don't split the legs then you can use him as a leg but I have no idea how if it's at all possible to use the torso of Shocknado as an arm for Galvatronus. It might require some modding to disable to automorph gimmick. I have Galvatronus but not Shocknado. I'm considering getting Shocknado just because it looks like they fit really well with the aesthetic of Galvatronus and I'm hoping to fan mode them into replacement limbs because I hate the reuse of the same molds for both arms and legs.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Wisp

Wisp Several screaming salmon in a trenchcoat.

As someone who has Stormhammer (the Autobot version of Shocknado, same exact mold) and Galvatronus, I can safely say it is absolutely not possible to do this and have it look good. There's no way for the torso to become a good arm, and while you technically can plug the legs part in to use as a leg, it'll make one of them horrendously long and rather awful looking. Even if you have two of the sets, you'd have the same outcome, a combiner with freakishly long legs that can't stand.

5. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Would still like to see pictures even if it does look terrible. I can kind of understand what you mean about the long leg though considering the combiner ports for his actual legs are sunk down half way down the leg while the combiner port for the Shocknado legs are right on top. This would likely make one leg longer than the other. However Galvatronus also has that hip joint for transformation and if you bring the shorter leg down on that joint might even them out a bit.

Anyway post a picture just for the laughs. I never really expected it to actually look good in the first place. I mean these are really simple figures, in my opinion they don't look good to begin with, I don't know how they could look any worse.

6. Wisp

[​IMG]

Wrong colors obviously, but same molds. He craves death.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Whovian Zorker

Whovian Zorker Well-Known Member

Aaaaaahhhhh! My eyes! That's hideous! Hasbro, you should have stuck with the HFG's!

...what?

• Like Like x 4
  8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Wow even with the mistransfromed hip that leg is still shorter. I guess I under estimated how much of a difference the connection placement would make. I mean the actual figures on their own look like they're about the same size but because of where the connection is that one leg is freakishly long. So I guess I was wrong he can look worse than he already does.

Thanks for the picture.

9. Wisp

Yep. I honestly don't think he looks that bad, but putting crash combiner limbs on him is a massive, horrible mistake.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Amuro MkII

Amuro MkII Completus Addictus

Don't know if anyone posted it this already but this is my version of Powermaster Optimus Prime's battle station mode which doubles as Jinrai Prime's throne. ;)  20171217_223115.jpg 20171217_223119.jpg 20171217_223102.jpg 20171217_222650.jpg 20171217_222635.jpg 20171217_222754.jpg 20171217_222658.jpg 20171217_222644.jpg 20171217_222741.jpg 20171217_223107.jpg 20171217_222706.jpg

• Like Like x 30
  11. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

That should really be repainted in Shattered Glass colors. He looks so evil sitting on his throne like that. Hang some SG Decepticons over his head like a bunch of murdered corpses and that would really complete the look.

Also what figure is that? It's got too much articulation to be the original Power Master Optimus Prime and it doesn't look like the Titans Return toy either so what am I even looking at?

• Like Like x 4
  12. Amuro MkII

He's an add on to Hasbro's power master prime or Takara's Super Ginrai, he's perfect effect's PC-16 Jinrai Prime.

More infor here : Perfect Effect PC-16 for LG-35 Super Ginrai

13. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    That's the first time we've seen it. Sweet find! Not to mention it's super reminiscent of fan-modes people made for the original PMOP's trailer.

• Like Like x 2
  14. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    More like STAB, amirite?

>_>

I'll show myself out....

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    Can we get Megatronus please?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  16. Amuro MkII

Iacon city ;) 
    IMG_8051.JPG IMG_8052.JPG IMG_8053.JPG IMG_8054.JPG IMG_8055.JPG IMG_8056.JPG IMG_8057.JPG IMG_8058.JPG IMG_8060.JPG

• Like Like x 17
  17. Signal LancR

Signal LancR Bah weep gragnah TFW2005 Supporter

I know everyone does their own version of CW Liokaiser, but here's mine with a HFTD Crankstart standing in for Jaruga.

1513798683105300528601.jpg 15137987361931029471115.jpg

I'm using Crankstart's windshield/roof to hook into the cavity between Deszarus's wings, where the combined mode head stores for vehicle mode. It's really not a great connection, but it works for my purposes. Also, yes, I painted his guns red to make him look more like Jaruga or Jallguar or whatever his name really is.

• Like Like x 16
  18. Zoingo

Zoingo Well-Known Member

Okay, odd idea and minor request I guess. Is it possible to take the upper half of RID Ultra Bee and connect it to the legs for the normal Crash Combiner? I've seen that because Grimlock forms the legs of Ultra Bee, the Torso has one of those connectors in the center of its body, just like the smaller crash combiners.
    Is it possible to make an Ultra Bee that has never done/heard of Leg Day is what I'm asking?

19. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Well there is a Crash Combiner Grimlock which comes with Optimus so yes that is technically possible but man would those be some tiny legs. Anyway, why did they make Primelock instead of making a Crash Combiner of THIS!?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  20. Zoingo

Zoingo Well-Known Member

Okay, yeah, if anyone has the figures, I'd like to add this to my pic request! So, the Upper body of Ultra Bee on Normal Crash Combiner legs, and a Normal Crash combiner body on the Grimlock legs!

• Like Like x 1