Let's see some cool stuff - Version 3.0

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Wreckgar, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

He never said they were for sale. It's just that when Cool Stuff first started, it wasn't a thread about showing off your new acquisitions or your boxed figures. People took nice clear photos of their toys in wicked poses or did some creative photo editing. There's no doubt that the Cool Stuff thread has changed a lot.

2. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

its comments like that, that can put people off from posting anythin. Im not saying the stuff i post is as good as tik or syd or RL but its the best i can do and i put effort into tryin to make my pics look decent. I like see the stuff people post here, like thunderwing, IN HIS BOX thats sweet as hell, if he aint kool i dont no what is.....ok him out of his box :D 

3. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I thought my t-rexes were cool... rawr!

4. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I think plenty of people post interesting photos. They can't all be SUPAH-CLEAR!! museum quality pieces. I wouldn't even want to see JUST that. I like the grainy photos, the crappy photos, all of it. I especially like it when people post non-TF toys, SUPAH-CLEAR!! or not. IMHO that is what is most interesting about this thread because it can open people up to stuff they might not even know existed.

My one complaint about this thread is that sometimes I wont check it for a day and when I come back there are five new pages to go back and look at. :p 

5. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    In that spirit
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    It's about time for Cool Stuff 4.0... Maybe we can get stricter rules for it then?

7. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

8. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Can't agree more (not the bit C_C kindly says my picutres are good...only from a ture mate, eh ;) ). Have fun with your toys, snap some pics, that's all IMO.

Everyone's got different view on what's fun/cool. I wouldn't want to see a member posting his haul every day in this thread, but as far as I remember no one has ever done that. Some people hate photoshopped pics. Everyone's different.

I have never thought of what I post here are cool. I just like to take pictures, and I am a bit tired of GIMPing right now, so if my pictures are boring, I am sorry. Having said that I'll not stop posting unless I get banned from this thread, though :p 

When this thread is closed like the ones before, there might be some rules applied (if an old thread is still remembered, that is). We'll have to see, and til then, can we just have fun posting our crap? Please?

9. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sorry about the double post. It got too long and I for got to reply to some posts.

Curse your good eyes :D 
    I got Amdrivers from a fellow board member some months ago. If you are interested in Amdrivers, you should check out Busou Shinki. They are girl version of Amdrivers sort of, with more stability.
    After we compliment you on that awesome Megs pic, you post more boob pics...Don't make us choose!! :lol 

Thanks :)  As tik said, that's Saga size figure. I think it's a 30th anni. one which comes with a medal.

I didn't know why I took out Classics Rodimus, then I realized, I want Alt Rodimus rather badly :( 

[​IMG]

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Me too. Maybe too bittersweet. That's why you have to see the movie... it's a direct follow-up to the series and resolves some of the loose ends.

zmog

11. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Those were cool, saw nothing "wrong" there with showing some dino love. :)  If you ever get the chance, feel free to put up some more comparison shots of just Cyb Megatron and Armada Predacon. I knew they were similar in color, but it's so much more different looking at them next to each other!

Every time I look in here, I think to myself, "I could do that - heck, something even cooler," but the lack of a camera makes me a sad panda every time. Someday.

12. Bonekrusher

Bonekrusher Member

News Credits:
    Just wanted to say, as primarily a lurker, I love this thread and check it out every day. It doesn't have the competition of Sami's collection thread any more (loved the occasional butt-crack shots :dunce ), so this is definitely my favorite spot on the boards.

13. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

lol i wasnt serious.

i was thinking what a hippy from way back when would say about people selling out. all just kidding.

14. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

I've just entered phase 2 of my plans for TF shelving. I have moved my previous curio to a different wall and will have this table below between 2 ikea curio cabinets (not set up yet, but hey I felt good just putting this together). The TFs on it are from and going back into my first curio.

[​IMG]

15. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

All Hot Rod needed were his exhaust pipes and this to be complete.

16. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

why so many soundwaves?

17. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

My own vintage SW, pre-rub SW, post-rub SW, KO Casette Man (totally mint), TRU reissue, encore reissue...

A bit superfluous but I had my smallest shelf in my curio as a Soundwave/cassette and energon cube display (note the cubes in TRU reissue's chest).

Plus I just love G1. I have more Astrotrains than that...

[​IMG]
    (and I've haphazardly picked up 2 more since that pic)

18. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    That's even better than his clear visor. :D 

19. Valenti

Valenti BoA's love.

Blazer claws, yes. ;)  They're pretty cool, IMO.

Also, nice effects. :D 

20. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    I've got a new rule for v 4.0...no whining because you don't think hauls are cool enough for "cool stuff."

And just for spite...

Weapons for My S6 Joes

[​IMG]

And my pile of loot (plus big doggie):

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.