Let's hear it for Marvels new, "Heroic Age"! (SPOILERS FOR ASM IN THREAD)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Coeloptera, Aug 4, 2010.

1. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

Yes he did. His purpose was Lunch

2. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well its been established that the "Connors" Part of the Persona is well and truely dead and gone. His son was the only thing anchoring him in his humanity, with that gone, what was left of his human mind shattered. Which was nicely shown as his speech boxes did indeed shatter.

Currently Spidey has some of the best writers on it right now, so I don't see any silly "oh wait gotcha he is really human and it was a magic trick" nonsense coming out of this.

Sorry I'm rambling, my point it the human Kurt Connors is gone and will be for a long time if not forever.

3. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Yes. That's what I said. He finally had a use for the first time in years.

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Waah the status quo has changed.

Waah the status quo never changes.

Waah.

5. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

We comic fans always do need some reason to call the whambulance. But yes, I seem to remember all this happening before the s0-called "Heroic Age" was a banner event. And regardless, who actually takes these banners as actually meaning something other than marketing?

6. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

Wonder if he tasted like chicken....

7. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Hmm. haha, actually. I have no reply to that.

Also, as I re-reading the story, didn't this actually take place during the Dark Reign? Which is where the villains were deadlier and in power?

8. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Lizzy eat his flesh and blood. that is werld I'm still waiting for MJ becoming a Woman-Spider.

9. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

Every time I think, "Maybe I'll give Marvel another shot" they remind me why I shouldn't.

10. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

Agreed. The Heroic Age is Marvel's marketing tool for their new Avengers lineup. It doesn't mean that all of their titles are all of a sudden going to be influeced by this banner. Read the books that you enjoy and stop caring about the hype.

11. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Feels like a waste of a charicter to me but then they hadn't done anything good with him in years... oh yeah and I wont go back to buying marvel until JQ is gone so it doesn't effect me one little bit.

12. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I'm beginning to suspect that all these latest Marvel Universe Shattering events are taking place on a What If? World or something. It's the only logical and sane reason for why the stuff is happening.

Earth 616 was replaced by a different universe in some massive crazy story arc thing - so that when Marvel brings the status quo back to the 616 universe they can do a massive World's Collide Story Arc, similar to the end of the Armada comic only on a scale that's ten times larger. It'll be familiar Earth 616 Spidey still married to MJ slapping this new Earth designated Spidey upside the head for even thinking of dealing with Mephisto let alone allowing MJ to make that deal.

In fact this could be the old 90's Marvel Cartoon Universe Earth whatever-the-hell- that is.

As far as I'm concerned it's the only plausible way for the writers who actually give a damn about old Marvel continuity to restore their titles to the way things should have been. (Plus they could bring back Ben Reilly if you really wanted.)

Oh sure the fans would probably say something to the effect of "We've been buying these books since 1999 and they decide now to scrap all that and give us the finger for wasting our money on an Earth that wasn't even 616 to begin with? SCREW YOU MARVEL!" I personally would applaud such a choice, because quite frankly it would actually be really, really funny to think about how things could go if they wrote such a story arc.

Ok Marvel Hire ME RIGHT NOW because I want to write this bad boy up for you guys.

13. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Wow...what...the..hell? That was pretty messed up and I like darker stories.