lets face it the movie story is horrible

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SSR, Jul 1, 2011.

1. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Extra like OMG

Do you wanna measure weiners too? :lol  IQ has nothing to do with liking or disliking any movie. You are a longtime fan. The point I was making is theres all this talk of appealing to non-fans and from what I've observed, non-fans don't like the movies. People go see whatever popular Hollywood movie is out at the time such as Avatar, Kung Fu Panda or Transformers. This doesn't mean they stick with the franchise for life. What annoys me most about the Bay movies is the foul language and corny sexual innuendo I mean, did they really have to stoop that low? Is this what your everyday person needs to be entertained? Look at the SW or LOTR films.. no profanity.. no cheap frat boy humor. Just what you'd expect from them delivered masterfully. (ok the newer SW movies have some flaws but nothing like a giant close up of Simmons ass in a jockstrap) Why was it acceptable to soil Transformers in such a distasteful manner? Dogs humping WTF?? Because they want to appeal to the type of crowd that likes the Hangover? That stinks! How CHEAP. As a longtime fan I was shocked and greatly dissipointed at this and remain as such. You guys can insult me and rag on me all you please it won't change me opinion.. and that's all it is.. one guys opinion. How come it's ok for the majority crowd to be as obnoxious as they please but when someone challenges them they turn into total crybabies. That's the internet for you.

[​IMG]
    While were all hopped up on our acheivements, here's a photo of Cyndie selling some of my artwork. Note the name on the pedestal.. I think that's a step above etsy right?

2. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    "CHANGE?!

YOU GOT CHANGE?!

AW COME ON HELP A BOT OUT!"

someone edit megatorn's face on chester bum please!

3. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    I never said the humans are what make the movies at any point there,....& yeah what nametaken said about giving the bots more character would be great and is something I would have been all for; but with a miniscule human presence, there's no relatability to a casual audience. That's why basically every well-received sci-fi movie has had humans as the main focal point/perspective - because that's what works (sadly) & makes money.

4. mephisto1138

mephisto1138 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yo look at my face man, I'm a veteran! lol

5. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't expect the films to be all Transformers and no humans but come on, some character development would be nice. Bay treats the Transformers as nothing more than special effects that blow stuff up and create more special effects.
    In a film called 'Transformers' I expect the Transformers to have more personality and depth. The cons were nothing more than monsters and the Autotbots are just big guns.
    They should have spent more time on making the characters 3D rather than the film.

6. mephisto1138

Ebay:
    Ah, I'm on the same page then.

7. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

8. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't even bother reading what you said because I know I'll disagree with it. I (and a lot of other people) thought it was good, and that's all that matters. And hey, at least it HAD a story, unlike ROTF.

9. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hate Bayformers, but this movie was fun.
    I enjoyed some of DOTM, not all but it was expecting to hate it.
    At least I can say there were no ROBO-Balls in this one!

10. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

Ultimately, what Bay fails to represent is that the bots are PEOPLE. No they are not human, but they are PEOPLE. They each have distinct personalities, histories, and appearances. His vision of the movies treats them like OBJECTS, without rights or respect. This goes against the Overall message that is Transformers. Most of the "character" applied to the Bots in the Bayverse are actually what we know as fans about them and what WE project onto them, NOT what he puts up on the screen. For non fans, that's a LOSE-LOSE scenario because all they know is what is shown on the screen and that is EPIC FAIL for a film director. For Fans, like ALL of us, its an insult, because he misrepresents PEOPLE that we all care about. As a Fan, i love the Autobots because they are different than us, and in some instances BETTER than us. I love the decepticons as well because they show what POWER gone wrong is, and their qualities represent the WORST in us. To Bay, they are side characters, props, or one someone stated, "Monsters and Guns"

11. Goldlock

News Credits:
    (You missed the word 'basically' from the quote for one)

And what the hell would Avatar have been without the humans = NO main antagonist, NO protagonists & NO theat/plot. :redface2: 

12. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    That wasn't your point. Your point was that EVERY sci fi movie ever had the humans as the main focus, which wasn't the case.

Transformers need humans.

What is dosen't need is DEEP WANG kinda humans

13. Goldlock

News Credits:
    I completely agree with you there! :thumb 

14. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Agreed 100%. :thumb 

15. RzaSharp

Yeah, the final product. ILM can only do what Bay requests (they are the masters of SFX), Jablonski is great, Spielberg doesnt even seem to be all that involved. The flaws are Bay's alone. Which is what my statement is about. He even acts like he has disdain for the franchise in his interviews. He behaves as if he is hassled and making these movies is a distraction from him doing his job. This IS (was) his job. That's not Passion.

16. mephisto1138

Ebay:
    A bunch of mo capped actors who have recorded human facial movements and look just like the HUMAN actors is a far cry from making mechanical life forms or aliens that were not designed in such a boring fashion the focus. Those might as well be humans.

The point was non human, TFs, dinosaurs, big fly people, stuff like that will never be the focus of a film.

17. Skywarp86

Skywarp86 Active Member

It's just how the bots are used that is the main problem with all three films, even the first one. It's the fact that we've had new bots on throw into DotM on both sides, and with exception to Sentinel Prime, none of them where 'fleshed' out so to speak - look at Que, Dino and the Shockwave for three prominant cases. There's no story to them, no clues as to where they came from or anything - sure it might be explained in books, comics etc, but for somebody just watching the three films it's just a case of "Where'd the Ferrari come from?"

It's daft because as a storyline, it's a fantastic property to have hold of and the amount of plots and storylines they could feature is pretty much limitless...but only if the writers used do a good job, which even the most ardent fan of the three films can admit to having not been achieved.

There is genuinely too much emphesis on the human characters involved. If you take RotF for example, the final fight outside the Pyramids...the Autobots didn't even need to be there; the humans had the whole thing covered. Megatron in the first film was pretty much killed off not by Sam and the Cube, but by the masses of F-22's. In DotM, again, the final fight there is alot of deaths by the military and only a few by the actual Autobots. That to me is where the writing is going wrong and of course Michael Bay himself with his fascination/close-ties to the US Military.

Mephisto is right, we don't need a full 3 hour film of nothing but CGI as for that you might as well go watch several episodes of G1; but it needs a balance. Cut the human cast by 50%, drop the majority of the military that doesn't need to be seen (Crew of the AWACS in TF1 etc) and flesh out those you've kept.

DotM sums up the entire movie franchise with two scenes - the fact that there is more ephesis placed on the wingsuit drop than there is the final fight between Prime, Sentinel and Megatron just sums it all up.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  18. mephisto1138

Ebay:
    For as hyped up as the wing suit sequence was, it didn't have much impact. It was over in seconds. And minutes later I'd already forgotten about it. So yeah, ultimately it didn't land its payoff either so it could have been cut or not even done.

19. RzaSharp

Well said Skywarp86, I tried to emphasize the same thing earlier.

20. Skywarp86

Skywarp86 Active Member

Yep. :thumbs2: 

You know what the really galling thing about the entire trilogy is? The fact that when you think about it and look at all the death and destruction threw out by the Decepticons...the deadliest one of them all was pretty much the protoform Decepticon piloting the gunship that was killing off the civillians 'War of the Worlds' style.