Let's Discuss the Wii U. KEEP IT CI- ...nevermind, carry on.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Radioactive Ravage, Jan 8, 2012.

1. ParaChomp

ParaChomp I am what I am

Your avatar is really helping getting your points across.

2. magmatron

magmatron Hyper Sentinel Force!

News Credits:
    What? were did you get that from?! PS2 was far superior to the DC.

3. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

The Wii U was a perfect storm of shitty marketing practices and business decisions created by Nintendo. The PS2 was the exact opposite.

However, I'd argue the PS2's library isn't quite as stellar as some people like to remember it.

4. Snarlus Prime

Snarlus Prime Well-Known Member

Wii U marketing was terrible. They should NOT have used 'Wii' in the title. Just last night someone told me they passed on the Wii U because they thought it was a portable (re: Tablet) that was somehow related to the regular Wii. And I know countless others thought it was Wii bundle or Wii add-on. I know they wanted to capitalize on the Wii name, but it backfired IMHO.

5. ParaChomp

ParaChomp I am what I am

What about DC?

Care to elaborate on the PS2's library?

I won't lie, I do use my Wii U more than my PS4.

6. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, I agree 100%.
    The first Wii was so unique in terms of name and controllers that the general public had no choice but to recognize it as something brand new and exciting. By reusing the same name, they've basically just called themselves Sega CD 32X or something... The casual gamer (one of Nintendo's key target audiences) may assume this is just an add-on, and the general public won't even bat an eye. Honestly, even "Wii HD" would have made more sense!

7. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Early birthday gifts:

[​IMG]

8. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

is there a way to unlink a Wii U and 3DS so that i can connect a different 3DS to the Wii U?

9. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    So i got yoshis wooly world and the blue yoshi yarn amiibo, not sure if i want to take him out of the box, it looks that good

10. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Nintendo seems to be in a somewhat difficult position, the fact the Wii U is a distant Third (?) to the PS 4, X Box One. Hell, even it' s rivals in the 7 Generation, the PS 3 and X Box 360 are outselling it. Nintendo's problem is that they treated their Third Party Developers like dirt for several years from the NES/SNES era, or screwing over Sony with the CD ROM (the Play Station add on/ stand alone for the SNES) or keeping cartridges a generation longer (Nintendo 64) which cost them Square. They underestimated Sony and Microsoft, and now some think they're in the same boat Sega was in.

11. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did it release early in the UK? It's not scheduled for a release, at least in the US, until 10/16.

12. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    comes out tomorrow in the uk, wow october that sucks, why would they even do that?

13. Cracka J

Cracka J tfs / kicks / rasslin / sfa2 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    obviously to make room for the plethora of other great nintendo titles coming this summer....

o wait.

14. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

Supply chain players gear up for new Nintendo console

"Japan-based Nintendo is planning to launch its next-generation games console in 2016 and has recently asked its supply chain partners to start pilot production in October, at the latest. The console will be manufactured by Foxconn Electronics (Hon Hai Precision Industry), but Pegatron Technology is aggressively trying to snatch some of the orders, according to sources familiar to the plan.

Pegatron and Foxconn both declined to comment.

Nintendo in March announced its plan of releasing Nintendo NX in 2016 and has started visiting its supply chain partners recently. The orders are expected to be finalized in February or March 2016 and mass production will start in May or June 2016, while the console's official launch may take place around July, the sources said.

Nintendo reportedly is looking to ship 20 million Nintendo NX in the first year. The shipment volume of Wii U is estimated at two million units in 2015, according to Digitimes Research.

Component suppliers such as Foxconn Technology, Macronix, PixArt Imaging, Coxon Precise Industrial, Nishoku Technology, Delta Electronics, Lingsen Precision Industries and Jentech, are also expected to land orders from Nintendo for the new console, the sources added."

Not sure how true any of this is, but I'd be lying if I said my faith wasn't shaken a bit by this.

15. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

it fits the pattern they follow though, 5 years between consoles is the usual trend for nintendo.

I just feel like my wii u still has so much potential though, i fucking love the thing and can't think of a game i haven't enjoyed playing on it.

16. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Actually, if Nintendo does release the NX next year in 2016, it means that the Wii U will be the console with the shortest lifespan of four years, similarly to how the Xbox 360 was released only four years after the original Xbox.

17. Cracka J

Cracka J tfs / kicks / rasslin / sfa2 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yeah, it's pretty certain they've just thrown in the towel now and are moving ahead to avoid completely getting buried.

love my wii u and have no intention of getting rid of it, but it does feel like we're getting burned here.

and again, I lol if people still think that new zelda is coming for wii u. it will guaranteed be a flagship game for nx, probably bundled with it as the killer app.

rip wii u. we hardly knew you.

18. magmatron

magmatron Hyper Sentinel Force!

News Credits:
    I don't think they'll drop Zelda from the Wii U. We'll probably just get another Twilight Princess situation.

19. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

Is the 2016 release date for the NX confirmed 100%? I can't see them rebuilding the game from scratch for the NX but they've done it before I guess. I figure it'd be too far into development if not finished and ready for release by the time Nintendo kills the Wii U.

The Wii port of Twilight Princess was barely any better than the Gamecube graphics wise, they just shoehorned in the motion controls. If there's a port of ZeldaU for the NX, it'll just be the same thing unless they completely revamp the game but that would just cost a lot of money for a slightly upgraded port.

20. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member