Let's Discuss the Wii U. KEEP IT CI- ...nevermind, carry on.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Radioactive Ravage, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

That's directed at whoever needs to hear it to avoid the issue of flinging shit around the bathroom. Hopefully we're done with this shitty discussion now and don't have to get into a discussion of the clothes you wear in and out of the bathroom or how you know shit stinks in the first place. The shit-talking should be reserved for the vidya.

2. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  a public service announcement then.

Chill out. Maybe comment in here more than to just put people in their place eh? I don't really feel like anyone who regularly posts in here should have to take flack from a thread lurker.

3. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Oh wow. Criterion, I love you guys. Please tell me I'm not the only one to have found the Mario easter egg in NFS.

4. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Um...

I don't know about you, but when I'm pooping, I flush with my butt on the toilet seat. I don't get up to flush and then sit back down. I use my handhelds in the bathroom all of the time and while I have played ****** games on them before, it has never been because of the bathroom.

5. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Oh, right. I forgot that I have to post in a thread daily before I get to be sanctimonious. :p  I read this thread daily and chime in occasionally as I see fit, and I am in fact ice-cold, baby. Simply haven't had much need to post when the only game relevant to me since launch was Mario.

That's ready to change with all the games out this month. This thread's single-handedly getting me hyped and ready to pick up Need for Speed, and I'm very much not a racing game kind of guy. It's a shame I don't have a local Target to have been able to take advantage of the recent sale... would've been sweet to grab Most Wanted, LEGO City and probably something for the 3DS (since I didn't enjoy the MH3U demo) in one fell swoop. Until I'm ready to drop the cash for some games, I've tided myself over with Punch Out! Game's just as fun as I remember, maybe a little more.

EDIT: Leave it to Kain to shove this discussion right back to the shitter. :lol 

6. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    nope, I must be blind. but I love smashing through billboards that have my most wanted mii avatar pictured on them :lol 

had a crack session yesterday...killed off most of the wanted list :( 
    but the game is so enjoyable once you master the turning. slight brake, hand brake, then powerslide to victory. every corner turns to jello and the game then feels very much like a burnout successor.

and I thought the only reason portables existed were so they could be played in the bathroom....

7. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    I love coming to the Wii U discussion thread to talk about others toilet habbits.

8. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :inquisiti  Why sit back down after flushing? No, I don't enjoy flush water tickling my butt so I do my business, get up, close the lid, wash my hands, flush, wash my hands again (just in case). :lol  shit games, good one.

It's preferred, yes ;)  No interest in Zombi U? It's a great game dude. That Target sale is UNBELIEVABLE. It's so unfair we don't get something like that here. I wouldn't be able to stop at just three games. Honestly, anyone not trying that offer out if they can is a bit daft. Maybe it's worth working with another US member on buying and shipping to you? The cost of postage would surely be way less than the price of a whole game. I dunno, food for thought.

I keep forgetting Punch Out! Probably too late to download it now, but I'll double check. Got so caught up in Halo 4 I forgot about the Super Famicon Anniversary games.

I must have NFS:MW and Lego City before the month is out. Then, just a month til Revelations and a slew of other great tites! :D 

As for portables, my main use for those was long car journeys/trips to relatives. They're always boring, but I've kept my old DS original for those things now. Just play through Metroid Fusion over and over, can't be beat.

9. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    Two days and LEGO City and Luigi's Mansion 2 will be all mine. Muwahahaha. :D 

Why the crap doesn't Pikmin 3 or The Wonderful 101 have a release date yet?!

10. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought they were slated for May/June?

Still waiting for a Luigi's Mansion U :( 

11. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

will The Wonderful 101 be a downloadable title or a physical disc title?

or both?

12. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Supposedly it'll be a hard copy title.

13. magmatron

magmatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Both, but yeah, it will be a $60 game.

14. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, was NFS:MW in the Origin half off sale for you guys across the pond?

Cos it sure as hell ain't over here :( 

15. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

$60 plus tax here in OKlahoma grand total is $65.01.

i'm use to it being expensive.

16. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    Nintendo just kept saying Q1, now they're saying Q2. Can we get an actual date please?

I still think andbhope the original Luigi's Mansion will be available on the Virtual Console.

17. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will buy it without question, regardless of still having the original on hand. Having all my faves on one console will be wicked cool.

18. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
  19. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

It looks alright, but I don't think it fits my preferred playstyle. It's the kind of game I'd check out again down the road, not necessarily jump on right now.

I believe the sale's over, and I didn't have as much cash to take advantage of it as I do now.

Only temporarily. By the time I'd heard about the sale price, it was back up.

20. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hmm yeah. I mean, it still looks very pretty on the Gamecube, it might actually hold up well in HD (better than Skyward sword at any rate).

And Oh.My.God. I would so go there. That's like, a million times better than Disney Land! Shit man, let's see some Mario parks!

A good point is raised in the comments too; Nintendo are kinda like the Disney of Video Games. It could be a very good thing if the two companies partnered up; open a Nintendoland theme park, do a punch of pixar/animated/etc movies, a few cartoons....Nintendo stuff is perfect for it.

Do it Nintendo! Their consoles would be unrivalled with that amount of public exposure.

Fair enough bud. It's definitely worth a look-in at some point. I believe it's on sale on the European eshop right now for either £20 or £30, which ain't too shabby, so it may be on sale on the US eshop too. Though obviously I cannot say for certain.

Devastating that. The UK sale's still on but, of course, nothing for the Wii U is included. Dead Space 3 is up for £20 which is tempting....but I'll wait another month or so til it's £15 or less (gonna have to buy the DLC too, so gotta balance the cost somehow).

I'd go as high as £35 for NFS:MW, any more is just too costly for me. Same for Lego City. It's achievable too, if I could just find them on an etailer that has a current money off voucher code *sigh*. I'm not cheap, but I am supposed to be saving money for my MSc year.

Lego City's not out over here til Thursday, which at least explains why I haven't seen it for sale yet. But it's not been brilliantly advertised either, which is plain fucking stupid. I hate this country.