Let's Discuss the Wii U. KEEP IT CI- ...nevermind, carry on.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Radioactive Ravage, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Thats what I thought you were talking about, but since the newer Survival Instinct game has been all over the news lately for how terrible it is, people assumed you were talking about that one.

2. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ... So he WAS comparing a "FPS" zombie game (ZombiU) to a "non FPS" zombie game.... Thats like comparing apples to oranges, when you should be comparing fuji apples to gaia apples.

3. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Oh no, what a terrible dilemma, if only there was a way to play without a TV. :p 

Also, as mentioned for sword fighting games about the WiiMote, concerning future Zelda games, I hope for three controller options, GamePad, Pro Controller, WiiMote + Nunchuck. Might be a bit more effort, but will appease fans from all generations.

4. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

The gameplay was the least of the game's issues for me. Unless they completely changed the story and made it actually good, there is nothing they can do to get me interested again.

I had actually never touched a Smash Bros game before the Wii one, so I had no problems using the Wii stuff.

5. Dr Kain

Actually, I was talking about the characters of TWD compared to ZombiU, not gameplay. I had said these games I want games that are full of character development. That is also why I am suddenly into sandbox/open world games like GTA, RDR, Far Cry 3, and Deus Ex more than I was 10 years ago. I like the amount of development the characters get throughout these games.

I'm really hoping The Last of Us turns out to be an incredible game, as it looks like it could also be bringing the horror aspect back to video games while maintaining the character and story aspect like the Uncharted series.

6. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well you said you played ZombiU for a half hour and called it garbage. I don't know anybody that would "play" a game for only 30 minutes and call it garbage because of a lack of character development. What does that say about mostly every fighting/sports/puzzle/racing game? Garbage because of a lack of story/character development? I'm not going to play a game that I do not enjoy "playing" for 20 hours just because the story is good. Thats why I haven't and probably will never get around to playing Revengeance. I did not like the demo, but the story does, like other MGS games, interests me. The development in the character on ZombiU is in the skills. When you die, you lose those skills. So if you don't want to lose those skills, you'd have to be more cautious with how you play. So you're building up a character to be more efficient in combat in a world where you're supposed to survive. Anyways, I just don't see the point in comparing two different genres when each genre's focus on story/character are not the same.

7. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    I woke up this morning with a brand new Wii U error, 102-2458. I couldn't get it online originally and now it won't go past the set up on your game pad screen.

8. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But you played for half an hour? Takes longer than that to establish story; the first few hours is supposed to be the panic and uncertainty of trying to survive the end of the world.

I got playing with the first one on N64 (it's come a looooong way since then) and the first two had fairly similar control schemes. Just couldn't get used to the wiimote/nunchuk for it.

Interesting. I imagine you've already gone through the usual channels with Nintendo about it. I've not heard of Wii U errors in ages, thankfully haven't had one since it froze once during Zombi U.

But...won't go past gamepad set up? D'you mean you haven't set up your console yet?

9. Cracka J

Cracka J toss a coin to your witcher TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The gamepad is ok, but I still prefer playing on the 1080hd tv. Eye candy and all that.

10. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    Picked up a wii u yesterday....having fun with it. Zombiu is a blast and the wife and I enjoyed the Mario game.

11. Dr Kain

The only reason I would ever use the gamepad feature is if I am playing a game and have to take a dump. Now I won't have to pause the game, I can continue playing it in the bathroom.

12. Quicky

Quicky TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!!!

Ebay:
    Now that you mention it...that's exactly what I'm doing...right...now! lol

13. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ew guys, I could've never do that. I dread to think what kinda of dirt and fecal matter's all of your gamepads.

14. Quicky

Quicky TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!!!

Ebay:
    lol...only if you dont wash your hands...:p 

ha, ha, ha, ha...:) 

15. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You keep telling yourself that :p 

Fecal matter gets in the air when you go, gets thrown up when you flush, gets on your hands when you wipe...if you're touching the gamepad while you poop, you're gonna have a poopy gamepad.

Nothing you'll see, smell or know about. But it's there.

16. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Never expected to say this in a Wii U thread, but put your damn toilet seat cover down before you flush.

I imagine most people are not continuing to handle anything right after wiping.

17. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    See, after some of the things I've read on these forums, I imagine the opposite is far more likely. I have very little faith in others' hygiene.

And, directed at me? My hygiene is just perfect thanks, but I really don't have much faith in others doing the same.

18. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
  19. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  that's pretty funny. Probably just (part of) what's needed though. Every retailer should have it stapled everywhere; by the desk, by the Wii U stand, at the door, and on their employee's forheads.

They still need to actually advertise the fucking thing though. I haven't seen a SINGLE tv spot for it and I haven't noticed any internet ads either. Shit, the Wii had more advertising and that had barely any.

Get on with it Nintendo!

20. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    I remember seeing tons of TV ads before the thing launched, now, nothing. Wut de fuk?