Let's Discuss the Wii U. KEEP IT CI- ...nevermind, carry on.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Radioactive Ravage, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't realize Nintendo was the developer of Deus Ex and Arkham City.

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It'sa Me Batman!

3. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a small thing that would've been nice, but hardly a detractor. I'm quite looking forward to picking it up now! :D 

Had a look around Kidderminster today, none in CEX (unsurprising, it's a trade-in store) but the FUCKING IDIOTS have Wii U games mixed in with Wii games on the shelves....prats. None in GAME either, they only had MH3U out (but they did have a lot of it at least). Didn't even bother to ask where it was, dumbasses would probably just cry and start smacking their heads against the closest wall.

4. Quicky

Quicky TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!!!

Ebay:
    I finally found Lego City Undercover at Target but the employees don't know anything about the mini-figure promotion. Is this an online deal or are they available in stores?

5. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    From what I saw last time I was in Target, you got the mini-figure when you pre-ordered the game. The figure was in a little LEGO baggie attached to the per-order card.

6. Quicky

Quicky TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!!!

Ebay:
    Ok...I didnt realize you had to pre-order the game. Online it makes it seem like you get it with purchase. Since the employees didn't know either I didn't buy it.

7. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My other thing is, why is Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, and Metal Gear Rising not out for the Wii U? The first priority should be porting NEW games to the system.

8. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Blastcage

The only 2 games I currently want for Wii U are Transformers Prime: The Game & ZombiU...both look really fun. As for NFS: MW & CoD: BOII...already got 'em on PS3.

9. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd like to know this too. Most third parties are being really shitty about porting stuff over, and there's no good excuse for it.

Can't speak for the Transformers game, but Zombi U really is quality. Be prepared to poop yourself. Seriously, the game got stressy to play at some points for me as I was so afraid of losing my dude.

Then you walk into a room and there's a zombi bomb behind the door, moments like that just make you go "fuck this shit, I'm getting some fresh air". So god damn annoying to survive every other zombie attack, only to get blown up by camper mcgee with his bomb backpack. GAAAAAH.

Going to check if the devs have put any more graffiti up regarding the patch tomorrow. Pretty much waiting on that before I start my next playthrough.

10. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Write a letter to the third party developers then.

11. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

one and a half years ago, if anyone gave me a suggestion of buy the same game for major consoles, i would have said 'why? what's the point?'

now, i would definitely get the same game on different consoles if it has a good multiplayer and to able to fight, shoot, race against some online friends.

12. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree with you. But you can't force a dev to port something. Devs and publishers are being very anal about the wii u because they don't think the buying power and sales are there. People have had maybe 3 killer games on the system since launch (mario/zombi/nintendoland) and everything is just kinda meh and lackluster ports of things so they haven't been selling well.

It's a fucking stupid cycle. Devs put out shitty ports to see what sales numbers will be, few sell, and they use those numbers so we can't get new games. It's like their just trying to persuade themselves not to work on the system when their mind has already been made up.

So when ports like NFS MW come out, even though its the evil EA empire, people have to support so the numbers will show that players are there and they are hungry for good games. It's not that we're not buying, it's that we're not buying shit. I really hope MW's sales are really high because it will send a very strong message to EA and other devs. The gamers are there, and they will give you their money. Just don't serve them garbage on a plate and expect them to eat.....then blame the players for not releasing more garbage ports.

13. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    I have another theory about devs and the Wii U. They could just be making ports of old games to see what they can do to an already existing game. Wait, fuck. What I mean is, taking an already existing game, adding new features that take full advantage of the Wii U, and seeing of they like it or not? That way they spend bair minimum money trialing it, then make whatever profit.

14. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    ZombiU is garbage. I have played that game and I stopped caring after a half hour. The lack of an actual character just ruins what should have been a good game to me. Give me The Walking Dead over ZombiU any day. At least that knew how to give you great character development and has a story to it. ZombiU is just you being given a nameless nobody who is there to die, and when they do, you take control of a different person at the last checkpoint you got to.

15. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    They focused on new inovative gameplay that works, not story telling.

16. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

You mean like most of the system's library so far? I don't know about that...

17. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds like you just wanted to go guns blazing, but died easily during the mission where you have to protect the safe house. ZombiU is a great game if you play it for what it is and not a COD game with zombies. ZombiU is all about survival horror which is what it aimed for and not a survival horror "action" game. I've seen reviews and videos of The Walking Dead SI and as much as I love TWD, the game is crap. It has looked like crap since it was first announced. The only reason why anyone would want to play it is because of the title. I'd choose gameplay over story/name title any day.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  18. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah I agree zombi u was an early misunderstood masterpiece. The idea of actually watching a survival horror story with no main character just helpless victims was a very cool idea for me. I've yet to beat it but I've really enjoyed it so far. Need to get back to it someday. You can say you don't like the type of game it is, but that just means you enjoy a different, probably more action based genre. Zombie U is it's own beast, and it's awesome.

19. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    I dunno if it's just me, but ZombiU 2 needs to see a horde mode or co-op campaign for replay value. Don't get me wrong, ZombiU is awesome, but needs more replayability.

20. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    See, and when I play a video game, I want a good story. I want characters that are developed. I don't want to play as nameless worthless victim because I see no reason to care if they live or die.

It also doesn't help that I thought the game mechanics were pretty subpar, but whatever.