Let's count on how many time DoTM shits on the original TFer plots/characters

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Alucard77, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Actually, The Nemesis scene did that pretty well I think, just listen to the dialogue:

Megatron: Starscream, I'm home.
    Starscream: Lord Megatron, I was so relieved to hear of your resurrection.
    Megatron: You left me to die on that pathetic insect planet!
    Starscream: Only to help spawn our new army. The Fallen decries it. After all in your absense, someone has to take command.
    Megatron: [slams Starscream against the wall] So disappointing.
    Starscream: [choking] Hatchlings, hatchlings! Careful, fragile.
    Megatron: Even in death there is no command but mine.

2. Miyaren

Miyaren Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mmm well logically thinking from the timeframe of these scenes starting from the xantium explosion to autobot arrival at Chicago, I think they showed up just in time and wasn't really sitting around waiting for the deceptions to kill everyone.
    Let's re,ember, the xantium blew up at dawn. Meanwhile Chicago, a diff time zone to ohio is getting invaded and that happens during night.( we don't know what time of the night it was) The next morning We see sam and epps going off to Chicago having confirmed the site of th Invasion, and epps is shown driving for the majority of the day heading to Chicago. Then after about 10 minutes of epps and Sam arriving at the outskirts of the city, bam! Op arrives to save their ass, meaning the auto it's were hot on their heels the who,e time and pretty much headed to Chicago as fast as they could.
    Hope this makes sense

3. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ I was really amazed how few people seemed to understand this. Optimus' speech was clearly meant to refer to how the Autobots complied with the UN's lawful order to get on the spaceship to nowhere, only to secretly make arrangements for their own survival and to continue to protect humanity.

I thought the Autobots made pretty good time after splashing down in the Atlantic Ocean. Sam and Epps barely beat them to Chicago after that little incident.

Notably, Roger Ebert, who slammed this film but is not a hack or a moron, did not mention this as a plot hole, even though dozens of idiots wrote DotM-bashing reviews that completely fixated on this.

Idiots getting really angry that lowest-common-denominator films did not insult our intelligence with the crushingly obvious is pretty much the best thing ever. (Optimus: Wow, what a long swim, Autobots!)

4. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    :peoples: 

5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I would've loved if there was a flashback sequence of the Autobots escaping and landing in the Atlantic.

6. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Check and mate.

7. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I think everyone is assuming that I am some idiot and didn't understand what happened in the movie. I fully understand.

I was more questioning the decision to listen to the humans in the first place. It was that decision that led to the deaths of millions, or whatever you want it to be.

I am ok with the argument that some one provided earlier that this decision had to be made or else the humans would have turned on them anyway and blamed them for whatever fall out there would have been if they ignored the humans and went against the decepticons. Because of this they would end up back at Xantium anyway. That was a logical answer which everyone but that one person failed to communicate, if that is what they were actually trying to communicate. So I leave that at that.

I will say though, no matter how much this movie made, it was really an average popcorn flick. The Skyscrapper scene was pretty good, but the rest was just eh. I am hoping for a more serious reboot of the franchise ala IDW.

Pwned huh? Too bad you couldn't communicate a single thought properly and others had to do it for you. Kinda funny how I asked for a logical statement from you, "The defender of Logic" and you constantly failed to provide one.

8. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Well, that was the point of my complaint. The trojan horse plot was the weakest I have ever seen. There was 0 tactical advantage illustrated in that scene. They showed up and saved Sam. Nothing in regards to how their presence being unknown to the Decepticons helped them at all. If it did, it wasn't shown in the scene. If it did, we wouldn't have had Wheeljack assignated. The closest we got was those two little robots making it into the giant ship.

So what I am complaining more about is the poor writing and concept for that scene. I understand they had to leave, but they didn't use it to any tactical advantage as you say. The scene was, Autobots save Sam, oh look, Autobots are here after the saving Sam. Weak.

Fine, I guess everyone is allowed to use things not seen to prove a point, but I cannot. So let's assume that it is only those 2 cities. That is still close to 4 million lives in Jeopardy, if not destroyed. Cause I know, I know they have to show 4 million deaths on screen to illustrate that 4 million people died.

This is my first point. It would have been nice if Characters had some semblance of their original characters in anyway.

Fair enough.

9. NFossil

NFossil Well-Known Member

Seriously?
    The Cons threatened to attack kill humans if the Bots don't leave. I think the Bots wouldn't care if humans blame them for anything. They care if the Cons attack. People have explained, but you just don't listen.

Cons had the city locked down. Human drones get shot down constantly. The Bots got from wherever they crash-landed to Chicago with their presence being unknown to the Decepticons. That helped.

Lastly, the "other cities trashed" stuff:
    THEY ARE TRANSFORMERS. Decepticon warriors have been explicitly shown on-screen to take up disguises as trash trucks and police cars. They just have to get the pillars around the world and launch them and they do not need to attack cities to do that. Cons attacked Chicago probably to set up a safe base without human interference and intel or something.

Trolls don't just make useless threads. Trolls take logical and legitimate explanations from others as useless.

10. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    You're right, I didn't provide a single one.

I provided several.

11. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exactly how are nine Autobots supposed to resist the US armed forces + whatever Decepticons decided to join the fun?

Moreover, what moral authority could Optimus Prime claim after willfully ignoring his promise to leave whenever he was no longer welcome? (This was in RotF. Dread continuity strikes again! Of course, even without RotF squatting on someone else's planet comes off as a little dickish.)

Now, complying with the human request, while foreseeing that it was secretly also a Decepticon assassination attempt, thus demonstrating Decepticon treachery while also surviving it? That's how it's freaking done.

12. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I got it, I saw the movie. I know the reason. Your reason is weak. If the Bots don't care then they would have just attacked the Decepticons as I mentioned and would not have listened to the humans and left.

The good reason was already stated. Let's leave that dead horse alone.

How did that help? Weakest use of a Trojan horse in any movie ever.

Ahhh, and you don't read. Which is ok. If you did read, you would have read
    that even if I give in, they still let 4,000,000 people die. Or possibly die. Depending on what you choose to see or not see in that scene.

Not to mention, I guess everyone thinks only Chicago was important to the whole equation. The rest of the Pillars didn't count for shit. So who cares if anyone else saw the other pillars right?

@Ephland:

All of your posts, you trying to explain what happened in the movie. I know what happened IN the movie. I was saying that the attack sceme taken put millions of lives in Jeopardy.

I was asking for a logical explanation to that. Which, as you said, you failed to provide.

The correct answer was provided by 3 posts here. So let's leave it at that. Keep having to beat that dead horse I see.

13. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Alucard77 is still ticking.

14. NFossil

NFossil Well-Known Member

Deny whatever you want, and keep stating others' answers are weak, not logical or useless. EVEN IF you give in means that you did not give in and admit that no other cities have to be attacked, when the movies clearly showed pillars being launched from brightly-lit cities showing no signs of attack and Decepticon warriors taking up disguises.
    Yes, many people died even after the Bots pretended to left. However, Cons clearly stated that they would attack if the Bots don't left. They have warriors around the globe preparing to launch the pillars, and could attack anywhere had the Bots not left. The Bots decided to stop this clearly stated scenario, but were powerless to stop whatever killing the Cons decided to do anyway after they pretended to leave, because they had to stay hidden on their way to Chicago to stop the Cons killing people elsewhere like they threatened to do had the Bots not left. What part of this could you not understand?

15. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Got that kick left.

But realistically, the answer that was given earlier to why the Autobots left was a very good one. So I would like for everyone to stop restating what happened in the movie.

Since I gave in on that, maybe you can give in on the fact that was the weakest use of a Trojan horse Plot line ever. It's ok, your allowed to do so.

Also, I would have prefered Ceasar to write this movie. He seems to have a better understanding of Transformers lore then Bay.

Also, for anyone who hails Bay as a great anything, I feel bad for you. He is great at realizing that people like it when shit blows up. The closest he ever came to making a good movie was "The Rock".

I am the troll, but you keep posting an explanation for something I specifically asked for their to be no more explanation for? Here, let me quote you what I said, for the 5th time in this thread:

So please stop explaining what the reasons were, I am ok with what someone posted earlier on this. By the way, here is the reason I found exceptable:

16. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Don't you mean Ehren Kruger?

17. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    No, let's not.

You're looking at the trees, not the forest. There were over 6 billion lives in jeopardy. It wasn't just Chicago. Planet Earth, as a whole, was in jeopardy.

The Autobots didn't know where the attack was going to take place. How were they supposed to stop the Decepticons? Not only were they outnumbered, but they had no idea where the enemy was. The only way to discover this information was to trick the Decepticons into thinking they were dead, so that they'd begin their plan, and by extension, reveal their location.

You seem to think there's some sort of magical strategy the Autobots could have used to prevent any human deaths. You also seem to forget that there has been a marked human death toll in each of the proceeding movies that only grows considerably in the following movie. You also seem to have forgotten that this is a real-world take on the Transformers franchise. And as such, realistically speaking, if a warring race of giant robots came to Earth, there would be a large number of casualties.

18. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry that you feel that way. I thought worked well to show that Sam, Epps, and the whole world (as symbolized by Mearing and the military might under her command) were now firm in their resolve to destroy the Decepticons, who even under Sentinel would clearly lie and cheat them at every turn. It's a lot easier to run into Chicago looking for Carly when you know Optimus has your back. But what we learned about Sam is that he would do that anyway.

You can't get around the fact that the whole audience knows the Autobots aren't really dead, but it's interesting that the characters think so for awhile. It also really cements the 'cons as enemies of humanity, rather than just of the Autobots. Their enemies are gone and then they just go to town on people.

19. Alucard77

News Credits:
    He has fallen off. The Ring was actually scary. Arlington Road was decent. But that was all that he wrote that was good.

The rest was bleh at best. Bad combo him and MB.

20. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    To be fair, Bay had a heavy hand in the story for ROTF and DOTM, from what I heard. Don't really have anything to back that up other than rumor though.