Less than 1000 players online today...

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Shizuka, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I haven't played it in a while - only briefly on the double xp weekend where there was the usual 2000+ people but playing otday I saw 956 people online. That's really sad.

2. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't forget different timezones. It's hardly sad that not a lot of people are playing at a certain time.

3. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    it would help if matt teiger got off his ass and did something:
    dlc#2
    weekley updates

there was so much potential in this game but they wasted it (it would help if they advertised it aswell)

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    It's morning. Ofcourse the numbers are low.

As for "Matt Teiger should get off his ass". You do realize it takes time to develop stuff like DLC right? Red Dead Redemption is a vastly popular game and it just now got it's second round of DLC. Just because you're not getting DLC info once a week or something doesn't mean they're wasting the game's potential.

And it was well-advertised. The gamestop pre-order ad was played everywhere. Hell, during the E3 coverage on G4 this year it had to have been played close to 100 times total....

5. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Yeah it's sad because most of those people that would be on, cant get on because the servers are crap.

6. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

for all the cool possibilities I'd think that the low-points can also factor in.

plus New games come out, priorities are shuffled.

For me, I've been on Madden 11 and BC2 the most....

I'll pop in randomly on WFC and fight a few matches then I'm off to other things.

7. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    This is the same for me. The online in this game is not captivating to me like BC2 is. I'd rather play that any day, but the platinum trophy is calling my name and I must answer. :lol  (I only need to rank up to get the platinum) But the network connection issues are halting that immensely.

8. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    time zone my ass. There has never been 950 people at the time I've been on NEVER.

9. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    No kidding, I played a bit last night and the menu said over 2k people and I added the actual numbers up and it didnt even come close to 1k.

10. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    i've noticed that too. even just now, you had ~400 in one, ~250 in another, then the others had ~50 each. and i still keep getting bumped!

11. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Some people play escalation, others wait in the party lobby, Coop Campaign is getting decent numbers too...

12. sunbreaker

sunbreaker Well-Known Member

yeah, Australian timezone psn. I'm seeing the same, 700-2000.

We play at night. i can't imagine we will be playing this game much longer, the 4 player novelty is wearing thin for us and the genericness is killing the replayability.

We bought it for a bit of nostlagia with the characters, not the multiplayer custom matches (there are better games for this).

Horde/escalation morde is fun, but there are games out there that do it better.

WFC should have focused on making this mode more unique to the Transformers characters and not a generic class 3ps shooter (I can probably blame Activision based on all their other games).

A simple Escalation patch for us to play this more would be:

* Character weapons, like the campaign. It won't make Escalation unbalanced, there are later levels for difficulty. Megatron should have his cannon, Ratchet should heal.

* Character enemies using all of them up to wave 15 or something, so there's a point to the game.

*Jet weapons should be just as effective as the cars, and give them missile lock for vehicles and robots (like the intro and more FUN).

*differentiation between the trucks and vans that suit their character in vehicle mode.
    - Optimus a bit more armour in vehicle mode and more frequent ramming.
    - Onslaught, more missiles in truck mode than Optimus and the other truck/vans.
    - Ratchet reviving in vehicle mode like the jets, a discount buying health, and as a van being able to carry a spare health cube.
    - Ironhide, maybe ammo, grenade discount, and carry a spare in vehicle mode for team mates.
    -Soundwave, maybe collect energon at an increased rate in vehicle mode, and dispense a spare.
    -any spare button can be used to dispense resources from the truck/vans.

*Bumblebee should of had the mark target ability in escalation, that reduces armour (suits his role as a scout).

*Megatron in canon mode charging up his canon for area damage like a BFG.

*Starscream null ray (emp like ray blast), Soundwave cassette (1 ai drone), Jetfire powerful weapons in jet mode, Warpath stomach cannon. Seeker arm guns. Stunticon / Aerialbot light ram.

*Omega/Trypticon last boss, Escalation would be a mini campaign where we can use DLC characters and play as 4 players.

*make it easier to scale for 1, 2, 3 players or add AI allies to takeover or start (can't always gather 4 mates at the same time).

*offline escalation, maybe won't help the numbers at first but at least there's backup when internet is down.

The replayability comes in the variety and differences in character play. WFC shines when you end up fighting the other characters (Soundwave boss fight).

I love the potential of the game and this version of the franchise, I'm hating the current state and execution of the game. What could have easily been a great TRANSFORMERS game, is a mediocre one. rant over.