Lennox vs Epps

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by BluRayHiDef, Sep 24, 2011.

?

Which character do you like more?

1. William Lennox

30 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. Robert Epps

21 vote(s)
    41.2%
  1. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ha, yeah good point. Sams screaming almost killed the: Bumblebee transforming on the highway, pushing Sam into chest and transforming back into a car: scene for me.

2. jazzgirl84

jazzgirl84 Mini-bot

@Soundbytes==Wasn't even thinking that, but yeah forgiven for the second quote there. Sentinal is a THING.

To answer your question BlyRayHiDef, he just seemed very cold. He didn't even TRY to defend Optimus to that bitch when she blamed everything on him. He showed no emotion to Ironhide's death(I will possibly give credit for that to Bay), and didn't argue at all when they were sent off the planet.

This is a guy who could have been fired/sent to prison for what he did to Galloway on that plane in RoTF, and trusted BB and the Autobots right away in the first. The second he was defending them constantly. When they brought OP back to that base, he looked as though he would cry, he argued with Galloway that fighting the Decepticons without them was a bad idea, and went out of his way and behind Galloway's back for just the CHANCE of getting OP back.

Where was any of the the above mentioned in DoTM?? It was like being there was a chore, like he no longer cared and they weren't his friends. At least Epps acknowledged them as friends.

And there is my answer to why he pissed me off. I hope I am not alone in my thoughts here.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Pretty much that. I like them both, but I just find Lennox a bit more enjoyable due his occasional badassery.

4. Epsilon

Epsilon Autobot Archivist

I understand your logic, but you forget its Bay, so almost all character back history/ development automatically resets at the beginning of each film. Don't entirely blame Lennox, blame Bay :p 

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I refrain from voting because I like both of them too much to be able to differentiate. Lennox is an awesome guy who isn't over the top and still manages to be a complete badass sometimes (like when in the first movie he blows up Blackout's crotch from directly under him), while Epps makes a great supporting soldier and has some of the best lines in all three films. Not to say Lennox doesn't get in an awesome scene or two, such as when he tricks that dick Senator to get himself launched out of the plane in ROTF.

6. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

To be fair with Lennox, Sentinel had gone bad shit creazy, he would be risking everyone's lives if he had a mental breakdown in the middle of the place, he needed to be strong.

And it wasn't like he didn't show any anger either, you could see him kicking a wall [or something] in frustration after Sentinel escaped, he also sounded nervous and on the verge of having a mental breakdown when he was giving orders during Sentinel's rampage, more nervous and vulnerable than in any other scene in the movie.