[Lemontree Toys] LT-03 Purple Potato (Decepticon battleship)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Dec 24, 2019.

1. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

This is something I never knew I needed lol!

2. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

"Produce things I do want or GTFO." The single most arrogant post on this site. Believe it or not, a lot of those things you don't like are around because other people exist, and some of us like the things made. I'm all about third party companies filling a niche but don't be like that. Just don't buy the stuff, don't act like companies have to answer to your every whim.
    I love the ship designs enough to get them when they're being made, regardless of a non-intrusive transforming feature is included.

• Like Like x 10
  3. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    liking what i am seing. Lets see how this turns out. Might get the Shakewave repaint if this does well, or a re-release.

4. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I'm not saying anything of the kind.
    What I'm saying is that I don't have to answer to every whim of every third party company nor Hasbro.
    These past few years I haven't seen much that I really want, but I've bought into Diaclone thinking that stuff might be fun and I've been buying a few MP carbots I don't really care about.
    We don't owe these companies anything, so if they want to turn anywhere the wind blows that's nice for them, but I'm done following them around.
    I'll buy things I want, like Beast Wars legends, late G1 MP's and the rare chug toy of a character that Hasbro isn't likely to do right. But apart from Toyworld's period alt mode line, I'm not buying anything on the spur of the moment anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

Ebay:
    Maybe I missed something, but was someone making you buy stuff you didn't really want? The post does come off as super entitled. I've read enough of your posts to get what you're saying, but the tone of the post doesn't really match what you mean.

That said, we all want companies to make stuff that we want, but with G1 kind of done to death and no clear, overwhelming demand for anything else, 3P companies are going to try to find the next big thing. While it might be Beast Wars for you, it really isn't for me and I have spent embarrassing amounts of money on these damn things. Attempts to venture out of G1 S1-3 has been a crap shoot at best for 3P.

In addition, stuff like Beast Wars have a very limited cast of around two dozen characters. Even if you take into account the transmetals and stuff, it's not that much. Maybe 30, tops. This potentially has a specific effect on how 3Ps approach these characters. First, competition will be fierce as there's not as many characters to go around even if there is a "figure rush". Second, IP law development during the 90's makes 3Ps stepping into that arena en masse a less attractive proposition. Third, BW figures aren't folding up into geometric shapes. The effort necessary to get a realistic animal mode is arguably more arduous than wrangling out, say, a car or a sci-fi space ship.

As a result, I don't think it's worth anyone's time crossing their arms saying "make what I want or GTFO". There may be actual, logical reasons for that not to happen... in which case you may very well be in the process of leaving the hobby, which is 100% OK. I myself have slowly been shutting down my Transformers collection to focus on collecting other things.

In the meantime, companies are going to make stuff like Purple Potato to see if stuff sticks. Hell, apparently that insane transforming urinal did well enough to warrant a second bathroom based figure and I sure as hell didn't want that. If there's a market for more feces-oriented robots, I'm in trouble if I'm standing around holding my breath until someone makes things that cater to my specific tastes.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Alienmorph

Alienmorph Well-Known Member

So, basically they went the Siege Shockwave route, except made sure he transformed into a ship actually from G1, and without the need to detach parts of the vehicle mode when transforming it?

Interesting.

Not my thing, the NewAge mini-bots are filling my G1 needs nicely, but they get a big thumbs up for the idea.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, but it's your post that seems super entitled. You are practically saying that I should spend my money the way you see fit.
    Are you still living in the real world?

I'm a customer. I spend my money on things I want and if any company doesn't feel like producing what I want they're not getting my money.

I know this sounds harsh, but the internal drama of a company really is of no concern to the customer. If a company wants my money they're going to have to deliver the service that will make me want to give them money.
    This is a basic economic reality that the gate-keepers of the entertainment industry want to ignore, but it is the reality in that industry just as it is in any other industry.

The time when people in the entertainment industry could play around doing what they and their admirers wanted without being justly criticized or opposed is over.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bezuul

Bezuul Well-Known Member

The age of shooting from the hip is dead I suppose. I agree, GTFO with the shockwave... AGAIN! Who cares if he sounds entitled. It's a toy forum about toys. Rip my little ponies babies heads off in this imaginary landscape of text.

9. ProtectronPrime

Ebay:
    No, what I'm saying is that it doesn't look like anyone is going to give you what you want right now and as far as I can tell, they probably won't for a while.

I really don't care how you spend your money. I really don't get how you're making any kind of determination I'm directing you to spend a specific way at all. The only point being made here is that you simply may not be the target market for 3P right now so there's little sense in getting very upset about it.

Yes, you're a customer. You have a particular set of demands. However, companies don't service everyone. They service what they believe will make them the most money. 3P's moved on from what you want because your demand, in aggregate with others like you, apparently does not reach a level that 3P as a whole feels like spending time on. They've left me behind, too. I have no interest in T-Beasts, Beast Wars, Car Robots, MP scale Bayverse figures/OS Studio Series figures or whatever else they've been peddling as of late save for maybe FansHobby's Masterforce line. They're not "GTFOing"... they've left you and me to go sell to what they believe will be a bigger market.

When an industry stops selling you what you want because you're not the target demographic anymore, you either change your tastes or simply stop buying what they're producing and do something else. I get being upset about that. I'd actually like a complete set of MP scale Protectobots at some point and maybe a Broadside, but I'm not holding my breath. Like you, I decided not to buy the new stuff. However, I also appreciate that more 3P companies are attempting new stuff and engaging in new ideas instead of hitting the G1 Reset Button like they've done the last three times they get to the end of G1 Season 2.

• Like Like x 2
  10. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. (Pssst...he's crazy) Moderator

Truth be told this is the first time I saw this thread:

"Purple potato...what is this? What ever it is, I don't need it but lets look"

"Oh...…..I need that." :p 

• Like Like x 6
  11. ProtectronPrime

Ebay:
    I like it. I like to think that "Nemesis" was actually a nickname, and the real name of the Decepticon's vessel was "Chrome Summer Squash", following a long line of planetary attack vessels named after the convenient indexing convention of Color/Vegetable because the Decepticon shipyard commander was touched in the head.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    so is this supposed to be Bee Movie Shockwave or a separate character???

13. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well it shouldn't exist in the first place. And its pretty clear it aint BB shockwave in any form, so pointless MP shockwave made from galvatron's ship.

14. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I. LOVE. THIS.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ProtectronPrime

Ebay:
    It'd be awesome if they issued it with a replaceable head so that there'd be an option to present him as an original character or something.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Bezuul

Bezuul Well-Known Member

Said with the wisdom of Solomon. I'd bite with an alt head.

• Like Like x 1
  17. jazz1914

jazz1914 moonbase survivor

This is what I'm talkin bout right here! Recognizable con, new (and nostalgic) alt mode, and seems to be MP scaled... That's how you 3rd party! From now on... That's how you 3rd party!!!

• Like Like x 2
  18. ProtectronPrime

Ebay:
    It's definitely cool that they're trying something unusual but also still familiar. Stuff like this could hopefully open the door to address stuff others only kind of tried to do, like Cybertronian Box-truck Wheeljack, or figures based on other Transformers "fixtures" like the space bridge (both G1 cartoon and comic versions), the Scarab from the cosmic rust episode, Giant Purple Griffin, robosmasher and dragoncrab.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stuff like this could give us those props a lot of us want, plus an additional play factor instead of a boring old statute like the recent Autobot X offering, or the upcoming Transmutate figure.

• Like Like x 3
  19. jazz1914

jazz1914 moonbase survivor

Could definitely get behind some of the above!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    I had a feeling itd be Shockwave. Oh well, i'll just never transform it xD

[not that its bad. I'm just here for DAT SHIP]

• Like Like x 3