LemonHerb's moderate collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by lemonherb, Jul 27, 2009.

1. lemonherb

lemonherb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some new stuff

Well part of reading the forums, particularly the Funnies section has exposed me to other collectibles I never would have known about such as Shinki's and Figma's. Not sure if I should thank Pol or CI, but their comics have made me more interested in those figures and so I've begun to add them to my collection as well

First off, a minor upgrade to my WST Prime's. I've found an add on kit to put in a more G1 accurate repair drone thingie

[​IMG]

Next are the Shinki's I've acquired, Arnval, Altlene, and Strarf who is keeping Alternators Prime company

[​IMG]

Here I have Kagura Tsuchimiya, Yomi Isayama from Ga-Rei Zero, and Black Rock Shooter Figma's

[​IMG]

I'd love to try my hand at some comics some day. Seems like with all the figures I have I should be able to come up with something. I just need some ideas. Hmmm...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. lemonherb

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

G1 Ultra Magnus and WST UM alt mode

[​IMG]

G1 Ultra Magnus and WST UM sans armor

[​IMG]

G1 Ultra Magnus and WST UM with armor

Attached Files:

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Awesome collection!

4. lemonherb

News Credits:
    Thanks!

5. lemonherb

News Credits:
    Got the CDMW-13 today so I figure I'll post a few pictures of the kit and how it compares to the original parts

[​IMG]

A shot of the blister pack

[​IMG]

Opened package. Interesting to note, no tape sealing the blister pack.

[​IMG]

A comparison shot of the original and CDMW-13 chestplates

[​IMG]

A shot of the vintage G1 Superion head and the CDMW-6

[​IMG]

A shot of the vintage G1 Superion head and the CDMW-6 with the faceplates on

[​IMG]

A shot of the original and CDMW-13 rifle, note the hollowing detail on the new gun.

[​IMG]

Shot of my original vintage G1 Superion

[​IMG]

With the new chestplate, rifle, and faceplate on the original head

[​IMG]

With the new chestplate, rifle, and faceplate on the CDMW-6 head

First impressions, it's an interesting kit. The rifle is somewhat loose in the fist, and mine is an original Superion, not a KO. I think the faceplate on for the CDMW-6 should have been painted to match the face, this way it looks a little off

Attached Files:

6. lemonherb

News Credits:
    Fun with Aerialbots

[​IMG]

Vintage G1 Superion with KO WST Superion

[​IMG]

Vintage G1 Aerialbots hanging around KO WST Silverbolt. He sure seems at home at that size with the others.

[​IMG]

Both sets of Vintage G1 Aerialbots along with KO WST Aerialbots

[​IMG]

In alt modes

Attached Files:

7. lemonherb

News Credits:
    Fun with Metroplex

[​IMG]

More fun with Aerialbots. In the Metroplex instruction sheet, it shows this configuration to make a "super strong Metroplex". I guess the big guy uses them as his supplemental energon source...

[​IMG]

Metroplex connected with Silverbolt in city mode.

Attached Files:

8. lemonherb

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Encore G1 Metroplex with the Reprolabels Upgrade kit. The WST Aerialbots also have Reprolabels applied.

Also displayed is a vintage G1 Silverbolt and a KO Hotspot connected to Metroplex. WST Optimus is at the Hotspot repair bay, and WST Ultra Magnus is in front of the ramp.

The other cars are HO scale vehicles that happen to resemble Alternators/Binaltechs.

Attached Files:

9. lemonherb

News Credits:
    Last weekend I picked up some KO's to add to my collection so I'll be showing them off here.

First up are the Protectobots set. It comes in a G1 style collectors box. Overall appearance is good. A couple of nitpicks is that the styrofoam tray slots are a bit too tight, so when Hotspot was packed in, his rubber tires were crushed in. I've never owned any original Protectobots, but it seems to me that the plastic definitely isn't in the same league as any of my vintage G1 figures.

A plus is that there are diecast chest plates, even if Hotspots diecast plate isn't cleanly molded and doesn't plug into his chest, I think the paint was a bit too thick.

At least he is in his original colors, as previous Chinese KOs that have been floating around the last 10 years or so had him red. Speaking of which, a powder blue is an odd color for a fire engine.

[​IMG]

Here they are in their alt modes.

[​IMG]

In robot mode

[​IMG]

Combined as Defensor! I think I know why I might have skipped him when he first came out. Looks like a brick with limbs. The head is part of the ladder assembly thus it's offset too far back, making him look like he was designed by Rob Liefeld. Adding another hinge could have allowed it to be placed closer to where it should be. Maybe this is an opportunity for an aftermarket company to make a new head that can cap over Hotspot's head

Attached Files:

10. lemonherb

News Credits:
    Next up is KO Octane. I've also applied Reprolabels Upgrade kit as well, which really helps with the tanker mode, as that's the mode that suffers the most esthetically.

Actually over quality is rather good. Only observations are really a design issues. In tanker mode, it really looks awkward with the arms sticking out like that. The instructions describe them as running boards. Really? Never seen running boards that big sticking up that high up or far back. It makes a fair placement as jet engines in jet mode. I've also never been a big fan of having to figure out what to do with removable parts such as the top and back of the tanker. Oh well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. lemonherb

News Credits:
    And here we have KO Reflector. The original figure was a mail in offer and wasn't available in stores. The quality on this KO is good, though you can tell whoever assembled this one didn't wait until the chrome plating had cured as there's a thumb print on one of the legs of Spyglass and a partial fingerprint with red paint on Spectro's leg.

The design isn't all that bad. The back of the combined figures is odd to handle from the back, but from the front it looks very reminiscent of an old SLR camera, including the removable flash cubes which were common in those days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Very cool collection and I love the comparison shots.

13. lemonherb

News Credits:
    This past weekend I thought I'd take a member of my collection fishing at Gull Lake, AB.

Hot Rod's "Cybertronian" tires really wasn't up to driving on snow and ice so we took my car.

Caught a 4lb Lake Whitefish here

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    Cool g1/2 altanators set