Lemon Tree Toys LT-01 Lemon Prime (Bumblebee Movie Optimus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Kaynowa, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

Really, really bummed this guy is so tiny and that their subsequent releases will be in the same scale. Just a bit bigger and I would have been happy with it, honestly, don't need full on MP scale. But all I've wanted is a full line of the BB movie cast...just not at a mini scale :lol 

2. realwhz

realwhz Well-Known Member

I just watched another review video. The reviewer figured out why the side windows were hard to align. He suspected that one piece of the part was up-down reversal.
    upload_2020-10-17_17-9-37.png

For details, please look at the video at around 12:00

Full review: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Ly4y1r7VE/

• Like Like x 3
  3. Lightningsonic

Lightningsonic Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just get mine, Impressed. But i can not move the chest windshield all the way up to 90° like in the review, like in the pic. I think mine just 60 or so. don't want to risk it and push to hard.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  4. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I think I might get this figure. There’s sort of a dead zone for movieverse stuff right now and he looks great, just too expensive. If I don’t feel he’s worth the price then I’ll just sell. For $70 at Showz it hurts but god damn TCP has it listed for $90! For a figure the size of a large deluxe!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lightningsonic

value figure by size ? that make this hobby sound childish, as if you count how much plastic you get :D 
    Honestly, this guy cheap af. How can anyone think it expensive ? Great look in both mode, the body proportion is fine af, and this is movie design we talking about. good articulation range.
    If it 2 year ago, i don't even think a toy like this even possible. Even more impressed that it can achieve that much in this size. If it have great QC, like make polish every part so so smooth, I totally think it worth be in the 200$ range price. Still quite shock we get it for less than 100.

6. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Because figures that are only $30 more are way larger, more paint, and have more plastic for the money.... this is a deluxe sized figure, $70 is a LOT.

Also $200 for this little thing? Wtf, I bought my zeta Unicron who’s 18” tall for $250, idk how people could be willing to spend that kind of money on this little guy. Something tells me you’re used to overpaying for everything.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    OK dude are you rich? Do you have all the money in the world? And part of the value of a figure is if they can go with other figures, which this thing cannot. Literally nothing scales with it, except the unreleased figures in the same line which I probably won't be getting (except maybe Shockwave). And paying $200 for this would be straight up dumb. Do you actually realize how tiny it is? $70 is a huge stretch already value-wise. I like smaller, more complex figures a LOT but price will always be a factor for everyone.

• Like Like x 4
  8. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    Wait where did you get that guy for 250? I thought he was way more expensive so I just never paid much attention to it

9. Lightningsonic

Of course price is a factor, But i say size isn't a great value. You are all about this figure being small. Hasbro have playskool toy, they are big. And i don't see any value in it, don't think anyone here would. See, that where my point come from. A bigger plastic won't mean shit. What the figure can perform is the real matter.

And what this guy have ? great body proportion, decent accuracy of a movie design. While still have fairly wide range articulation. And it is a movie design we talking about here. 70$ is cheap ass price. And yes, as i said, if this guy have great QC, over 100 is still cheap, 200 maybe over exaggerated in my part. But put more paint, diecast, i say considerable.

As for the scale. That is not the figure fault it self. more of the buyer preference. Like... i don't care. And, deluxe size fit a bunch of different robot brand from other franchise. So it is in fact fit more in my collection (even though i don't really care if they fit or not) i don't mind get in the original scale of the toy company if they are great
    Lol, you literally go "have more plastic for the money".
    And honestly, i don't necessary willing to get this guys at 200. I say it is decent in price class (again, if it have great QC). Would question my self to buy if or not, the same as i question for Toyworld's figure. And finally, deluxe master race :D 

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Phase Sixer

Phase Sixer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don’t mind starting a new scale for this since I want a line of BB figures and don’t collect studio series. Especially now that there’s 6 more in the works.

I love highly detailed premium figs that are less space consuming than MP.

I’m gonna take a chance in this one and get it. Worst that happens is I have a good BB Prime one off.

Edit: just ordered from showz, I’m excited. I hope this line is successful and I can get a nice collection of BB figs.

Edit 2: shaping up to be a line of killer figs!
    B6C4121D-9BA3-428E-BA35-F5BA8DEE92B7.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Usually I agree that “more plastic doesn’t mean better” at all, but dude this thing is tiny, and I already said that not scaling with other figures that are out is a big minus as well. I think this figure is worth $50 tops, but we’ll see.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Lightningsonic

what so tiny about this ? The size of this is roughly Voyager size. It feel just right.
    And honestly, if it not for the fact that this size turn off some people. This thing probably cost more. I mean what you get for 100$ ? let alone 50. This thing is insane cheap for what it offer. Anyways, it is not you choice then don't buy. you want them big, there are Toyworld's one. Company like this offer the diversity. We have more choice. We need even more company like this

• Like Like x 1
  13. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    That ain't a voyager. he's voyager hight when on his stand, but on his own he's the size of a deluxe.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Phase Sixer

News Credits:
    Meh, I’m used to 3p prices. I collect legends and due to the level of engineering, quality, and paint apps, the value is there even if these are relatively small.

15. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Yeah. Just picked up newage soundwave and that figure was about 60.00.

This is also worth it to me as I really want a nice Bee movie prime and while this guy isn’t voyager scale the SS version was imo oppressively bad.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I got this figure for around $13 just now from showz. Not really a victory since I was using points that were gained due to a package from them being lost and probably destroyed and I only got back half the value, but still, he's officially on his way to me! I don't think I would have ordered it if there wasn't a real lack of new movieverse stuff right now but I think I'll still be happy once he arrives.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Mine arrived. I’m mostly happy with it, but there are a few irksome things and some personal preference nitpicks.

The good:
    For a first release from a new company (presumably) he feels of decent quality overall. There is a nice heft for the size.

He's very poseable and fun to fidget with as a desk toy because he's so small.

Comes with various hands, a sweet looking rifle and a base that doesn't take up a lot of real estate.

The sculpt and overall profile is my favorite out of all the Bee movie Primes so far.

The transformation can feel a *little* delicate in parts, but it's fun and not frustrating. I'm curious what this designer has done before because there's just something about it that feels familiar.

The not so good:
    The right thigh joint is kind of floppy on mine. Hold him by the torso and give him Jobby's shake test and everything is rock solid while the right leg frobbles around. That said, it absolutely doesn't hinder poses at all so that's good. Normally I'd fix it and move on but I can't tell how to get inside the thigh. I see no pins or screws so there must be a surface detail panel covering the screw hole. I doubt I'll dig around to find it since, as I said, he poses just fine.

While we're talking about joints, I'd like to bemoan the lack of ratchets. Fine ratchets at the shoulders and hips at least would have been lovely. Personal preference though, and he poses great as he is so...

The paint, while expertly applied and copious, seems overly desaturated to me. He's very dark, like he's constantly in the shadows. It's *fine*, but I would have preferred it to be a little bit more saturated. Personal preference. He actually looks more dark to my naked eye than he does in the photos I took.

The hands are sticky. Instead of molding the hands in blue like..everyone else...they seem to have painted the hands blue. Not sure if they forgot to put on a sealer or top coat or what (I am not a paint guy) but every single hand is so sticky that if I squeeze one between my fingers it actually sticks to my skin. They are a lovely sparkly metallic blue, but it's hard to appreciate that when they feel like they're made of sugar.

Lastly, I'm not bothering with the LED feature on mine because when I opened the chest doors to try it, one of the circuit boards just fell right out. I'm guessing they are both supposed to be glued into place, but I've never worked with circuitry before so I'm not going to just dive in with the gorilla glue until I become more educated.
    :edit:
    I have returned educated: they are supposed to come out freely because that’s how you get the batteries in there. Batteries that aren’t included, and that I don’t have. LR621. And I literally just bought a bunch of LR721 yesterday. Ha.

So, the question many ask: Is it worth it? Between the quality feel, the massive amount of paint and the overall excellent sculpting I'd say he's very much worth the $67 I paid for him. He small, but size isn't the only thing I look at when I decide whether or not to buy something. The Toy World movie deluxes cost around the same, if not more, and have a very similar feel in terms of precision quality and expert paintsmanship. I've also paid FAR more than $67 for Bandai Soul of Chogokin figures and HMR figures that are actually smaller. It's all relative. I doubt I'll buy everything in the line, but I'll definitely grab a Soundwave to go with Prime.

Here's some pics. I forgot to take alt mode pics but I'll add some later.

With Trumpeter Bee.

6210C343-E271-47B2-96EB-13E4B95FFBC3.jpeg

With ToyWorld Hornet and Hasbro Hot Rod (Deluxes)

27037F28-0EB9-4564-B3B6-80D50A519CC4.jpeg

With Knight Prime and Earthrise Prime (Voyagers)

41C026FD-6E2A-44CB-B4C7-F5F75014372F.jpeg

With the WeiJiang oversized Bee Prime

43F57E41-3B57-4A1D-8AEF-E32C65EC316C.jpeg

With Marvel Legends Deadpool

FBBE8AAE-390D-4CF8-B6CC-30934DB19984.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  18. Lightningsonic

i have hasbro deluxe and Voyager once, And this guys look like the voyager size, a bit smaller. I don't have any of them remain, But the deluxe is like half size of this guys.( Maybe 2/3 at best) So

19. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Mine showed up too. Haven’t messed with him too much but overall first impressions are really good. Here are a few more size comparisons in addition to what rewind posted.
    94ADA364-8171-476C-A38B-29E99793E7CC.jpeg 0843A888-06CD-43F9-97D4-1EE669D9C31E.jpeg B2C2C815-27BD-4F6C-924E-84B1995EBD1D.jpeg

Edit:
    Mine are too. I imagine it's the blue paint not being able to properly cure on the soft plastic/rubber that is used for the hands. It will either take time or just stay sticky forever.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  20. Phase Sixer

News Credits:
    Just got mine today. Yup, he’s awesome. Looking at him in robot mode he looks like he wouldn’t transform. Excellent quality, very premium. I definitely think the value is there considering what you get.

I’m not used to figures with this much diecast, took me a little bit to get used to it :) 

I hope this line is successful and we see a bunch more.