Customs: Legends Scale Humans

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by NOCV, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Creedog

Creedog Well-Known Member

he looks fantastic, well done!

• Like Like x 2
  2. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    He's supposed to be, but I'm going to take a crack at the mech suit first. NA is on holiday for at least another week, so I've got time to take a break from people for a couple days.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Bee427

Bee427 Doing my best

Just out of curiosity, did you ever get these?

4. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    No, I got Covid instead. :( 

• Like Like x 3
  5. Bee427

Bee427 Doing my best

Oh, I'm so sorry! D: I hope you're feeling better now!

• Like Like x 1
  6. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Thanks!

It's been a rough couple of months here. I had saved up to get setup to get my own printer, and everything that goes with that, so that I could do my own high quality colored acrylic resin prints that I'd then paint and sell completed items with. Then my school teacher wife brought Covid home over her Thanksgiving break. She had it less than a week, but I had it for over a month, and the associated medical bills wiped out what I'd saved for getting setup for printing and production. Fun stuff.

But, thankfully NewAge came along and we got another round of stimulus money so that I can order what I need to. Everything's kind of working out perfectly, but I would have rather not gone through a month and a half of hell.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Bee427

Bee427 Doing my best

I'm so sorry you went through all that, it's great to hear you're doing better :)  (Sorry for the late response, life has been hell :lol )
    Are you still planning on doing the alternate hard hat head and wrench arm for Sparkplug and/or Spike?

• Like Like x 1
  8. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Absolutely! Hope to wrap up Spike in the next day or two.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Bee427

Bee427 Doing my best

Once Spike is finished, will you and NewAge move ahead with production or are there other humans you also want to make? (Also, is it Newage or NewAge? I've seen both versions but I don't know which one is right :lol )

10. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Their next step is to see if they can produce them. They had concerns about them having parts too small for their production facility.

Teenage Spike just needs a head, and he's done:
    SPIKE_2021-Feb-23_05-07-56AM-000_CustomizedView10308268681.png

I hope to send them the files for him, Daniel, the exosuit, and an updated Carly before the end of this week. They've already identified the next 3-4 people they want me to do, so I think once I send them these files and get an update on prototyping I'll know if we're moving forward or not.

As far as if it's Newage, NewAge, or New Age, the answer is yes. It's appeared in all those ways on their packaging, so I don't believe there's any sort of standard. Packaging for the humans will credit me as the designer. I don't know if that's just going to be a logo, byline, or what I'd prefer is just having a product description that says the characters escaped from Lockdown's Trophy Case - the name of my Shapeways shop.

• Like Like x 4