Minor/Repaint: Legends Pipes mods

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Lockdown91, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A quick mod I did to my Pipes last week. I wanted him to look a little closer to his MTMTE self (RIP poor guy) I swapped his arms around, turned his head 180 and I glued a small piece of clear plastic over his new chest to cover a gap that was now present. I painted over the clear piece with Vallejo Magic Blue which is a close enough match, as well as painting his lower abdoman, then used Vallejo Matt Varnish to seal it. I painted a few smaller silver details over his legs and his shoulders using Vallejo Metal Colour chrome to emulate his signature "Piped" arms. His head was the toughest bit, but wasn't too much work in the end.

I had started by trying to create a faceplate to go over his regular face but it stuck out too far for transformation and looked odd, I'd tried GW Green Stuff (I'm terrible with this stuff) random pieces of plastic and in the end the easiest solution was to carefully file his normal face down, it looked a little rough at first but a quick paint over again with the Magic blue seemed to hide any blemishes, I did have to use a realllllly thin bit of Green stuff to create a visor for him though, which I then painted red.

He does transform but it requires switching his arms back over to their original stock but don't find this too big an issue for me to try to work out a different solution.

IMG_20200601_122615.jpg

IMG_20200601_122431.jpg

IMG_20200601_122439.jpg IMG_20200601_122751.jpg IMG_20200601_122806.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  2. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Photos are a little dark, but this looks great. :thumb 

zmog

3. jimsloth

jimsloth Well-Known Member

I just saw a Huffer kit over on thingiverse for this idea. It was replacement upper arms (smokestack look) and a wind vain thing to flip up for a hoodie look. Don't know if it's also on shapeways but it would totally help you out

4. jimsloth

jimsloth Well-Known Member

5. anTony

anTony I love customization and I stll have lots to learn

I would like to remod my custom Pipe all the time. You do good job. May I know where you get the head sculpt?? It's amazing fit. Thanks.

6. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh wow that does look decent, if I ever found a Huffer I'd be tempted to get that to differentiate it from my Pipes

As I've described the head is the original head filed down and green stuff to make a visor, then painted over.

7. WayGroovy

WayGroovy Well-Known Member

thanks!