Legends/Cyberverse figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by autobot slapper, Jul 17, 2014.

1. autobot slapper

autobot slapper Banned

What's up?

Just wondering, will they make any legends/cyberverse toys for the AOE line? I'd imagine it will be difficult due to the awkward designs. Or will they make any at all?

Also, does anyone here like the legends/cyberverse figures? I think they're neat! I only have 17 figures so far, it's hard to find any where I live now. Do you have any? What do you think about them?

2. thunder117

thunder117 Magna Defender

Ebay:
    None are planned, at all. They were to be replaced with all that junk you see for kids on shelves.

3. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

I like the legends and cyberverse lines. It's a much more kid friendly part of my collection that I don't worry about getting broken nearly as much. That and they can be pretty cool little figures to have.

4. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This exact topic was asked and discussed a few days ago,

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/994447-transformers-cyberverse-aoe.html

From what I gather the old Legion/Commander price point figures has been replaced with the larger One Step Transformers, which is a bloody shame because I'm sure there's room for Cyberverse and One Steps, in the same way there was space for Legends (old naming convention) and Activators during Animated and ROTF.

And yes, I'm a big old fan of Cyberverse, I love them. I bought them along with the bigger figures, but somewhere alone the line (in DOTM) the bigger figures got quite crappy and the smaller figures were awesome, so I ended up collecting all the Cyberverse and very few 'mainline' TF's.

[​IMG]

So I'm a bit gutted they're stopping this line really. There are people who say these new Generations Legends are a continuation of these (and I suppose they are) but as somebody that's collected these since TF:Cybertron in 2005, they're really not the same.

:( 

There's also a big old Cyberverse appreciation thread, join in the discussion there!

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/994447-transformers-cyberverse-aoe.html

Edit
    Whups, I was meant to link to that Cyberverse thread, but pasted the wrong link. Cha Chi got me covered though.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  5. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
  6. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, the only Legends/Cyberverse toys being released alongside Age of Extinction are redecoes.

Firstly, there's six G1-themed redecoes of Universe, Reveal the Shield and Beast Hunters moulds, available in dollar store-type places in the US and mass-retail elsewhere:

Transformers Legion Class Strafe, Grimlock and Megatron Figures - Transformers News - TFW2005

Then there's a selection of AOE-themed Legends toys that are Walmart-exclusive in the US, and have appeared in dollar stores overseas. They're redecoes of ROTF, DOTM, Prime, and Beast Hunters moulds:

Age of Extinction Wal-Mart Exclusive Legion Class Toys - Transformers News - TFW2005

7. autobot slapper

autobot slapper Banned

I'm disappointed that they're not carrying on with this toy line.

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    A minute silence for Legions, Cyberverse and Scouts please.

9. autobot slapper

autobot slapper Banned

I just bought TFP cyberverse Shockwave, Windrazor, and Hun-Grrr today!! Love them!!