Customs: Legends collection, detolfs and dioramas

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ICEPnguin, Jun 6, 2021.

1. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    I've been watching a lot of diorama builds lately and I caught the bug. I've had my figures just chilling in the glass case posed but it feels empty.

Here's the problem. The detolf measures 14 w x 15 h x 12 d (conservatively so I'm not sliding around the metal supports) most legends are around 4" tall or so. So for most of the shelves I think it would be better to divide the prset ones into additional ones. The only problem then becomes my earthrise skylynx and any combiners.

So do I mix and match shelf heights? Do I just make multiple levels per existing shelves? Bobby on his builds uses Billy shelves and mp figures so they fill the gap which with my setup is where I'm having the issue of deciding.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

Maybe each shelf could be themed and make it look like levels of a building+underground. Then some levels could have things for the characters to stand on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My display is completely different but one of the ideas I've toyed with is to build scenery that functions like risers so you've got guys standing on hilltops or buildings or whatever in the back, and other guys standing on the shelf itself at the front. Add in flight stands for any flying/jumping characters and you should be able to make pretty decent use of the vertical space.

• Like Like x 2