Legendary Optimus Prime (Oversized and Retooled Evasion Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheem The Rup, Jul 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    The original post I quoted was misinformed regarding the original model. My response was simply to say that it came with one.

I believe the posters response was something akin to "it had fallen off of the junker." It was never there to begin with.

As for the figure itself, WJ made that artistic change to add the stack. TT is keeping it as accurate to the original on-screen version of Evasion Prime. This was a design choice done on purpose, not something neglected.

• Like Like x 4
  2. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Thank you for the clarification. However, we don't know why they decided to make changes to the original toy, but not this change. We can surmise, but we could also surmise, that it WAS something neglected. I expect an add-on kit will rectify this though.

3. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I kind of feel like both WJ and this version are separate entities. This rendition from Takara is under the 'Bumblebee' tag, which makes some sense to the design choices. He's obviously painted more G1 in bot mode, has some design queues from the original design for Evasion mode Optimus from AOE, and is impressive. WJ's version is more movie styled for the paint with the flames in the bot mode, but because it's IP, has some queues not in the original design for Evasion mode Optimus, yet is equally impressive.

I'm saying this because I own neither, and I keep flipping back and forth as to which to save my money on. A cheaper Takara rendition that will be more faithful to the G1 paint job, or something closer in the movie style that might cost a little more. I think both can be appreciated. Takara is obviously throwing their perpetual glove in response to a third party release of something that should have been done years ago. I don't see it as a kick in the pants, merely a welcome addition to a flood of market releases.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got my pre order on hlj. Waiting begins

5. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Apparently some people still can't wrap their heads around the concept that This isn't G1. The truck used in AOE, the movie this figures mold came from, was based on a different style truck than the one G1 Optimus Prime used, but they did it as a reference/Easter Egg/whatever. Hasbro chose to design the Evasion mode Optimus Prime toy to look more like the G1 Optimus truck mode (which was stupid as that made it inaccurate to the truck used in the movie). Next point is a spoiler for the Bumblebee solo movie, so read at your own risk:
    People who were invited to get a behind-the-scenes look at the movie, such as Moderator SilverOptimus here on these boards, and people who got to see the early test screening of the movie back in March, which as another user here who I'm not sure is willing to have people point him out, so I won't mention his name right now, all stated that Optimus does make at least two appearances in the Bumblebee movie: One as a hologram talking to Bumblebee, and one in his Truck Mode on Earth, which yes, does look almost exactly like his Truck Mode from G1, trailer and all, and Bumblebee, in the 1977 Camaro form he has in TF2007, joins him on a highway, and they drive off together at the end of the movie (yes, that totally contradicts events from the first film, which is one reason why I and many others believe this movie is being reworked as a reboot). According to SilverOptimus, Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime in Robot Mode look like G1 Optimus Prime stepped out of the original cartoon, but with the Movieverse head. According to the other user I didn't name, he resembles IDW G1 Optimus Prime, but with the Movieverse head, in Robot Mode. So this Evasion Mode Optimus Prime OS figure isn't even indicative of what Optimus will 99.9999% likely look like in the movie, so any arguments about them trying to make this design look more G1 are invalid, as they are using a completely different design anyway. This figure is just the AOE Evasion Mode form, but with colors based on the Bumblebee movie, which is being more Geewunn to please some fans.
    Despite some design changes, this is still a Movieverse figure, so stop expecting everything to be 100% Geewunn all the dang time. It's just a Movieverse figure reworked to fit in with the Geewunn styles that are present in the movie, not meant to be 100% exactly like any particular version of Optimus Prime. If you don't like that or can't understand it, that's your problem.

• Like Like x 6
  6. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  7. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

So I guess I just assumed Hasbro would be releasing this as well? Or is it only going to be available by importing? Just wondering if I should lock a PO down somewhere or wait for the US release.

• Like Like x 1
  8. nathan_s82

nathan_s82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  9. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Spaceman1251

Spaceman1251 Legendary Warrior

Instagram:
    Preordered at Amazon JP for now. It has been dropping a bit the last few days, so I'll lock in the low prices and see what happens. I also wonder if I should just wait until a little after it's released, usually MPs and MPMs drop down even cheaper on Amazon JP about a week after they're released.

• Like Like x 1
  12. nycPrime

nycPrime Well-Known Member

Any ideas what HLJ will charge for shipping to US? $50 isn't bad but afraid to get killed on shipping. Amazon has it for $55 + $25 shipping. Not feeling $80 for it.....

• Like Like x 1
  13. nathan_s82

News Credits:
    I bet this is just the starting price for Amazon JP. They typically drop in price, and you get the lowest price they offer on pre-orders.

• Like Like x 1
  14. nycPrime

Hope you're right. I've only placed 1 pre-order on Amazon JP. But it was very close to shipping so the price didn't move.

• Like Like x 1
  15. nathan_s82

News Credits:
    Yeah, if you pre-order as soon as it comes out, you have a better chance of getting it at a lower price. Best part is that they don't charge until shipping time, so you can always cancel if you find it cheaper somewhere else. What I love is the shipping speed from Japan. I just got MP-43 Dinobot. It shipped from Japan on Friday, and had it in hand on Monday.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Thanks, ordered. My Optimus collection is an ever-expanding organism and there's nothing I can do to stop it.

• Like Like x 6
  17. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    LOL Aren't we all in the same boat?

• Like Like x 8
  18. Mister Z

Mister Z Owner of way too many Optimus Prime figures

YouTube (Legacy):
    Thank God Amiami restocked him. Hopefully this is the last Prime I buy for a while.

19. nycPrime

Do we have any new info on this? Is this a one off release? Trying to figure out what it scales/pairs with. And do we know if this is getting a US release?

20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    No new info yet, it's a one-off release by Takara so far, no word yet on if Hasbro will bring it over.

It has the same MSRP of Takara TLK leaders so it's most likely the same size as them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.