Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Sep 13, 2011.

1. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    gamespot hates zelda. I kinda hope this game earns goty status to prove that a wii game can still kick some ass.

2. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    So this comes out in what 4 days??? I cant wait!!

3. night-skyward

night-skyward Collects animated, mainly

My copy just arrived, squeeeee!

The gold remote is pretty sexy and the orchestra cd has 8 tracks on it. Now I'm off to play for the rest of the day, gotta love reading weeks =]

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish Gamestop would get it early.

5. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I agree, I would love to rub it in the "H@RDC0R3G@M3RZ" faces that Nintendo can still kick some ass in the modern game generation. But, I can't image it can beat MW3 (I don't play those games, but I know it sold really well) and Skyrim, which is slowly beating Morrowind as my favorite Elder Scrolls game.

6. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

You actually may have a glitched copy, as I do. For the longest time, I swear I was playing one of the songs perfectly but it wouldn't let me go on. After a google search, I found other people had the same problem.
    The (weird) solution? Just spam the first two notes over and over really fast.

So, Skyward Sword. I'm agonizingly excited. I've rearranged my room so I once again have space to play my Wii. My body is ready.

7. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Hmm... This may be the first Zelda game that I don't finish actually. I tried a demo of the sword combat, and it just didn't do it for me... To me, Link should be a skilled swordsman, not someone who flails his sword around as badly as I would IRL. That said, the Wiimote sword swinging was fairly accurate, I will give it points for that. I like Twilight Princess's flick swinging a lot better, though I still would prefer a button.

Yes, I am an old fashioned git who can't accept change :p 
    Well, some change, but I still love the feel of a controller in my hand, and there is no chance I will ever use the Wii-U's giant screen controller... Yeesh, I'm 26 and already I am like an old man... what will I be like when I'm 60+? o_O 

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But Mumps, maybe you'll become a better swordsman by playing this :) .

Actually, I can't judge you. I refused to play the DS Zelda games because I refused to control Link with a pen.

9. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

The actual orchestra has more than 8 tracks. I'm guessing that there may be a CD 2 in the future after the tours are finished.

10. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Funny thing is, I actually liked the pen controls. Though I spent so much time back in the day playing Diablo 2, it really just came naturally to me. But if they ever released a Handheld top view Zelda game with traditional controles, well... I won't type what I was just gonna say, but lets just say it was very graphic detail on why I'd need new pants.

11. The Primes

The Primes Well-Known Member

From the Gamespot review:

"Editor's note: This review originally stated that aiming was handled through the Wii Remote's infrared sensor, which is incorrect. The review has been amended accordingly. GameSpot regrets the error."

So basically he was trying to aim by pointing at the screen like how it was in TP instead of tilting the Wiimote like you're actually supposed to do in SS and then complained that the aiming was really wonky. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the controls that were faulty. :rolleyes: 

12. magmatron

magmatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's old people like you that are holding back gameplay innovations! Why don't you go back to your stupid Battle Toads and let us enjoy the future?!

In case it wasn't obvious, I was joking! You're not old...much;) !

People pointed that there were a whole lot of flaws in his review, not to mention spoilers. Guess he just wanted to rush it and drop the score.

13. night-skyward

night-skyward Collects animated, mainly

Yeah, the cd is roughly 45 minuets, so no where close to the length of the last set of concerts. it's just a little 25th anniversary gift, and a full one will most likely be released after the world tour, like you said =]

So I'm heading off to the third area now, I'm really enjoying it so far, just be prepared to change the way you play =p you definitely have to concentrate and take your time. Moblins aren't stupid or as easy as you'd think, skulltula's are annoying until you get the beetle and I got stuck on one part in Eldin volcano for almost an hour =\

Still it's all good so far =]

14. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

15. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I love this game.

16. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

Got my shipping notification for both of my order :D  So I might get this monday or tuesday, can't wait!

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol, that was pretty amusing. He was up in arms about it. I disagree with him about Uncharted, because that did deserve at least the 9.0 it received and didn't require any cock-sucking (lmao). But a 7.5 does seem pretty lame. And what is worst is that it might affect some people's decision if they take this guy seriously. edit: This guy being the Gamespot reviewer.

Just got my Gamestop call....Sunday :( 

18. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

yes....went into Best Buy and reserved the LOZ:SS Bundle. I get to pick it up Sunday (ticket said Sunday so it better be Sunday). can't wait, haven't played (really played) any console game since FFXIII.

19. cagey

cagey Well-Known Member

Dude, thanks for posting this, it made my day. I need more friends like that guy for the pure entertainment value. He is quite the passionate gamer - hilarious! He did have some good points, like Call of Duty being the same thing annually. I can imagine him getting in a good slapfest with his hated GameStop reviewer if they ever met in person.

Bummer that I may never get to play the game - not buying a Wii anytime soon. Not sure I'd be a fan of physically jumping around all day either, if that's what Skyward Sword requires.

20. The Primes

The Primes Well-Known Member