Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Sep 13, 2011.

1. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

I think once you get to know where are all the bugs are, it gets easier after repeat performances. The first one was easy and the second took a few tries but I eventually got it.

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I feel like an ass when making the bird's wings flap.

3. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    Just be glad they didn't make you shake both parts of the controller. :lol 

4. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just finished the game (story wise at least, I still have some side questing to do) and overall I enjoyed it.
    -
    Demise was pure awesome, and I suspected his relation to my favorite Zelda villain once I saw his design
    -I did feel the game dragged between the Fire Sanctuary and
    confronting Girahim for the final time
    (how many times do I need to prove myself? YOU CHOSE ME, by that logic I shouldn't have to prove myself at all! :lol )
    -I don't think I want motion controls in future games, or I at least want the option for normal ones. So many times I'm punished for being off by just a second because the controls didn't respond correctly to my movements. There were satisfying parts of the controls but overall I don't want them to be essential to future games.
    -A bit off topic, but anyone else think that
    Levias
    is the Windfish from Link's Awakening, or at least the same species/related?

5. magmatron

magmatron Hyper Sentinel Force!

News Credits:
    It's design does seem too similar to just be a coincidence. Maybe that artbook has some info on it. Too bad it's only planned to be released in japan.

6. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

Not really sure if this should be spoilered or not...guess I will just in case.

Even if Nintendo didn't intend Levias to actually be related to the Windfish in some way, I'd find it extremely hard to believe the design similarities to be a coincidence. Surely, at the very least, it went something like "We need a giant, flying whale-like creature...oh yeah, we already made one of those in this series, let's take a look at that."

7. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

Yeah pretty sure of that too. It have to be deliberate, probably nothing related in term of story, but at least for the design. Just like an "easter egg" for the fans that played that game.

8. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

9. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

:lol  Damn that was funny.

Yeah, the movements are fun only when you're alone. The wife teases me each time she sees me raise controller to do a charge attack. I feel like hiding in the closet while playing this.

10. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    Finally finished this the other day - I had been saved right outside the Demise hole for almost a month, waiting until I had a good chunk of baby-free time to kick his butt. I was quite surprised when I finished him off after about 5 minutes and then the game was over. Totally expected a longer, tougher fight - I didn't even get to use any of the ++ life potions I spent two hours gathering ingredients for. :lol  Regardless, it was so much fun that I have absolutely no complaints.

I still can't decide if this is my favorite Zelda game or not - but in a way I don't even want to pick a favorite since they're all (mostly) so good.

11. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

i haven't played the game since launch and i completely forgot the controls for the game and i practiced a bit and when i got to battle ghirahim in the skyview temple, i got knocked to half a heart before looking to the guide for help and rediscovered the shield bash. i thought i was gonna die but i made it. ghirahim is freaky as all hell.

12. magmatron

magmatron Hyper Sentinel Force!

News Credits:
    He's not freaky, just fabulous.