Legacy Wildrider

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Liminality, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Banannixx

Banannixx The Banana Man

And I REALLY hope they DON'T.

The frame thing only works for Menasor because he has the worst design out of the classic Scramble City guys.

Silverbolt always had kibble issues, sure, but making a Concorde separate like that juat seems dumb.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally opened mine and overall I generally like him. Definitely keep the backpack in the closed position. He has good colors and poses really well. Not sure what else I would want from a deluxe Stunticon. So far though, haven't used him as a limb. Definitely like him more than the CW version.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros Well-Known Member

Amazon apparently delivered mine two days ago and hid him from view a little too well...just stumbled across the delivery photo and went outside to grab him. I like him, overall. The backpack is pretty unwieldy, but I've seen worse. Vehicle mode is pretty sweet looking. Transformation wasn't as bad as I've seen some make it out to be. I found it pretty straightforward.

Haven't hooked him onto Menasor yet, but I'm liking the pics I see with the leg turned around. I might need to do some surgery to get some knee articulation if I go that route. Looking over the leg parts now and brainstorming ideas...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMO all the combiners could benefit from a "plug mans into frame/skeleton" type of combiners, just look at the recent excellent 3rd party Legends combiners who mostly use this type of transformation scheme for their releases (Superion, Menasor and Devastator at least) and it just goes to further enhance the final product in my eyes.

But I'm with @Banannixx, I wouldn't want HasTak to attempt to make Silverbolt split in half like Motormaster. Just make all the skeletal/frame bits separate from the main figure. CW was OK, but every one of those figures have some level of compromise simply because of the inherent issues with making combiners all-inclusive of the combiner bits. Keeping those parts separate allows them to focus wholly on the figures themselves (even though we may still wind up with Wildrider-level stinkers now and again).

• Like Like x 6
  5. sardonicRenegade

sardonicRenegade Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Big Bad Toy Store still has Wildrider listed as a Pre-Order, when everyone else from Wave 2 is in stock, anyone know why that is?

6. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because it's real name is Big Bad Toy Slow. This is a known issue with them.

• Like Like x 2
  7. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This figure is pretty average for me. I don't have any QC issues besides the feet pegging in. Still though he's alright I guess. Just another standard car transformer

• Like Like x 4
  8. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I just got Wildrider and ya, he’s good but not great. The feet just kind of sit there under the car and he doesn’t quite fully peg together in alt mode. Bot is good though and he’ll be fine as a calf in gestalt mode. Good to have to complete the set but otherwise probably a passable figure if it were to be a stand alone piece.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know if it's already been covered and it probably has, but I figured out a dumbshit simple workaround for the total and utter lack of clearance on the rear of car to robot legs transformation:

STEP 1: Get that windshield, hood and those arms out of the way
    20221009_135829.jpg

STEP 2: Flip out the rear fenders and separate the legs from the car roof
    20221009_135916.jpg

STEP 3: Rotate the rear of car/robot legs 90° in either direction
    20221009_140003.jpg

STEP 4: Flip those legs out without trying to ram them through other parts
    20221009_140045.jpg

Works going back to car mode, too. Still don't know of a workaround for those frustrating tabs on that damn stupid hood transformation though.

• Like Like x 10
  10. The Adorkable Mike

The Adorkable Mike My third favourite colour is yellow

Just got mine from Amazon this morning, and I have mixed feelings on him. I don't feel quite as negatively about him as the general consensus seems to be here, but he definitely doesn't reach the same high bar that Dragstrip and Motormaster set. The sculpt looks great in my opinion and the transformation isn't that bad as long as you do a few things out of order from the instructions, but the quality of this guy just feels off. Like, not bad and terrible, but just doesn't feel right. Like his plastic is a bit softer and lighter than the toys from the past few years. Mine also has a weird issue where the hips feel like there's a soft ratchet joint in them, so his legs constantly stand straight below him or in a wider than I'd like stance. But he's such a good looking figure to me, maybe my favorite looking of the stunticons so far, and I really like him when I'm not handling him. But, I dunno, he just feels kinda lukewarm.

• Like Like x 3
  11. The Happenin Rhinoceros

Yeah, that's my biggest gripe. The legs "snap" wide so he either stands stupidly straight or in a ridiculously wide A-stance.

I might have to unpin those legs and see what's going on in there

• Like Like x 4
  12. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    DSCN7832.JPG DSCN7833.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  13. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    These pegs are too short so the feet don't secure in that hole and can just rock back and forth freely.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  14. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Born to be Wild
    born to be wild.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  15. G1 Milo

G1 Milo Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Liege Nemesis

Liege Nemesis Snarks about old cartoons

I just got one for christmas and came here to see if the weird soft-ratchet hips issue is widespread/universal or just me getting some sort of weird tolerance issue. Kind of heartened to know I'm not alone.

Is there a fix for this? I'm looking at mine without taking it apart and if I had to guess it's because the hip assembly has a notable edge where it transitions from the flat portion to the round (you can see it if you pull the legs apart into a wide splits stance) and that seems probable to catch on the plastic in the upper portion of the legs. I would wonder if you could sand or grind this down but without knowing if it's the cause that's not a road I want to go down. And I've never had to disassemble anything that didn't use screws or just pop apart so the spectre of having to try and pop those pins out scares me especially given that Wildrider was incredibly had to find here in Canada and I ended up having to pay a $10 premium to get him from a collectibles store and I do not relish the potential issue of finding another new copy if I were to do something irreversible to the one I have.

17. MonsterMash

MonsterMash Well-Known Member

I bought this set off ebay for about $20 to fix wildrider's arm gaps and give him arm covers.

US STOCK New Replacement Arm & Thigh Filler Upgrade Kit For Legacy WILDRIDER | eBay

I have mixed reviews. It fits fine. Transformation in alt mode is a little bit trickier but it does work.

Paint is not a bad match but it's scuffed in places. Arms are a bit loose. Right arm won't stay up at the elbow with a gun in it. Trying floor polish. (Edit : floor polish works)

Bottom is upgrade
    20230109_165854.jpg

Right is upgrade. Missing black accents.
    20230109_170013.jpg

Left arm (picture right side) is upgrade. Other is original.
    20230109_170233.jpg

Storage of arm covers in alt mode.
    20230109_170824.jpg

Alt mode. Seems to have introduced a gap.

20230109_174328.jpg

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So... the soft ratchets in this guy's hips. How on earth did this happen almost 40 years into designing toy robot legs?

20230129_012022.jpg 20230129_012005.jpg

Like, can I have a position or two in between those positions? No? Ok...

• Like Like x 3
  19. pantsmaniac

pantsmaniac Well-Known Member

Why, certainly you can. It is, after all, a soft ratchet.

66fbb313-74e7-45cb-bdd0-dcd13a78fb49.jpg

Edit: Actually now that I'm messing with him, the hips aren't ratcheted at all. There's just an odd bit of resistance at 45°

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  20. The Happenin Rhinoceros

Easy enough to fix by bending his leg out all the way to the side and gently sanding down the point of contact with a file, shown here on Breakdown.
    20230117_141256.jpg
    That spot has a little "point" to it. Sanding it to a round shape works wonders

• Like Like x 6