Legacy United Voyagers Wave 1 (Animated Optimus/Prime Thundertron) Shipping Stateside Now / Pics

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Liege Prime, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Damn with some red and black Thundertron could turn into Santa Claws and I’m all for it

• Like Like x 8
  2. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Game changer.

• Like Like x 1
  3. renkencen

renkencen Seekers of the cheaper prices

News Credits:
    Ok so seeing it side to side with the old prime toy, it's not a redeco/ mostly carbon copy of it.

Like sure it's very similar but the only part that look the same to me are the feet.

4. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Id say posh but at times forgets himself and slips the odd arrrr in there lol

• Like Like x 4
  5. crimsondynamo32

crimsondynamo32 Well-Known Member

I don't want to sound like I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth, but I wonder why Hasbro's decided to release Animated Optimus and Prime Thundertron ahead of the original February release date. Don't get me wrong, I am glad we're getting them this early, I'm just wondering why the same courtesy wasn't extended to Bee and Windblade since they're in the same wave. On a lighter note, I hope this comment doesn't age like milk.

Originally I thought of Barbossa, but now I'm leaning more towards Ian McShane's Blackbeard. Mainly because Blackbeard (as underutilized as he was) was pretty intense and didn't really have moments of levity like Barbossa. You'd think the leader of a band of space pirates gathered from destroyed Cybertronian colony worlds would be taken pretty seriously, especially since he was able to fight Prime Megatron to a stalemate.
    Alternatively, I also thought of Captain Mutiny from Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy (who had the stereotypical accent) when I looked at the original toy...and the United version hasn't changed my opinion on that, especially since his colors look a lot closer to Captain Mutiny's.

What they could've done is maybe put the peg-leg foot's hole in the middle of some sort of bar for an ankle rocker joint. But then again, that could've provided some problems in and of itself (like looseness and what have you), so I'm personally fine mounting his foot on his sword or his arm (as weird as that sounds out-of-context).

Huh...that's actually pretty good, though I do feel the arms are a LITTLE exposed. Still, more display options is always a good thing, nice find especially for those who are still fans of the original toy (like yours truly)!

Oooh, that puts a thought in my head. Has Ciaran Hinds played a pirate before? XD

• Like Like x 2
  6. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah he could use some armor on his shoulders still but otherwise that's pretty much how the original worked.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Don’t you mean THIS Leo Prime?
    upload_2023-12-6_22-17-50.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  8. Hydro

Hydro Well-Known Member

News Credits:

9. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros Well-Known Member

Rhys Darby's voice. He's a Gentleman Pirate.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    “I say, dear boy, arrrre you having fun yet?” *ahem* “Do excuse me, that was rather uncouth. Frog in my throat, yes?”

• Like Like x 2
  11. Samurhino

Samurhino Give me some creativity, slavishness is death

"Trampling Turbofoxes! You Auto-bilge rats and Decepti-carousers! I'll cut yer...*cough* I'm sorry I lost my composure."

• Like Like x 4
  12. Nem

Nem Reactivate Historian and ROTF Guy

News Credits:
    He looks so so so much better in these, I love it. But now I'm annoyed because I don't know whether to buy the voyager or wait for the Leader... Annoying! Maybe if we're lucky it'll leak super early? Please?

13. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Really hoping that upcoming Leader Thundertron will have him in one of his many repaint colors.

Preferably his Nemesis colors.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Drift09

Drift09 New Member

So glad I preordered this guy right now, I was a little skeptical when I first had but not I\'m fully convinced it was a good idea, I\'m probably going to wait for a video on it just in case though to make my final decision 

15. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

Thundertron is pretty cool, I wish the peg leg was a bit thicker because it feels pretty unstable at times

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ganon2099

Ganon2099 We're all gonna die

News Credits:
    I can't wait for more to join my pirates

20231207_190239.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  17. SaberZ

SaberZ Well-Known Member

So to those who have Prime & Thundertron, who would you say is the better voyager?

I’m still getting both at the end of the day, but I’m just curious on what the consensus is so far.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ganon2099

Ganon2099 We're all gonna die

News Credits:
    Here is a picture of Thundertron with a few others guys for scale.

He feels beefy to me
    20231208_063010.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  19. crimsondynamo32

crimsondynamo32 Well-Known Member

Literally got mine yesterday and opened them today, so here goes nothing.
    Considering these are the first two versions of these particular characters I've gotten in about a decade, I'd say that while Optimus has the edge in robot mode weapons storage (there are slots for Thundertron's sword on his "coat", but only the one on his liger mode back "really" works), they're both pretty good.
    Word of warning though, as Chuck pointed out in his reviews, for some reason some of the mushroom pegs both have for articulation have notches on them which can cause joints to pop off; for Optimus it's somewhat worrisome since there's an upper chest peg for transformation and a torso peg for robot mode display, but really you just have to be sure which way you're rotating the figures' joints. I'd say the designers did it so the kids and collectors playing with the figures know which direction to pivot those joints, but it's kinda iffy to me. Not a dealbreaker per se, but still something.
    Aside from the mushroom peg situation, I'd recommend both Optimus and Thundertron. I dunno if this'd be a "make or break", but Thundertron's SLIGHTLY taller between the two of them thanks to his pirate tricorn even in peg-leg mode.

20. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone posted these already, but a few OG reviewoers like Chuckdawg and Tman have managed to grab themselves an Animated optimus:

• Like Like x 2