Legacy United Soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Crossbonesss, Jun 13, 2024.

1. WreckerImpactor

WreckerImpactor Well-Known Member

I'm sure you wrote it that nicely on instagram. I've been critical of their releases and never caught a block

• Like Like x 11
  2. AcademyofDrX

AcademyofDrX BM & IDW2 apologist, team clear windows

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Is this a non-ironic argumentative FIBRIR post in anno domini 2024

• Like Like x 1
  3. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    There was a post earlier in the thread where someone involved with the creation of the set was quoted calling this “toy colored Rumble”.

“From Mark Maher's Instagram page:

For the last reveal its none other than our decepticon communications officer leader Legacy United Soundwave who comes with Rumble (toy colors!) Shadow Ravage (ultimate sneaky mode) and yes people, finally, BUZZSAW! ! !“

That is not what a toy colored Rumble looks like, regardless of what side of the argument you fall on. If that’s meant to be a toy-colored tape guy, he’s either a miscolored Rumble or a mislabeled Frenzy.

If it’s meant to be a toy-inspired set, then Rumble is colored wrong (or Frenzy is labeled wrong). If it’s meant to be a Sunbow-inspired set then Buzzsaw is colored wrong.

Take your pick.

No matter what, the set remains a clusterf**k. I wasn’t impressed with that Soundwave the first time around - I saw it at Walmart, carried it around for half an hour while I shopped, and returned it because I can’t stand how they messed up the tape recorder mode. Ravage is a thunder-thighed cat with a canine face. And Rumble is either bringing the Sunbow coloring error out of the SS86 line or just an outright mistake. (Until SS86 Hasbro had been consistent about G1 Rumble being red. Why mess that up now?)

Buzzsaw is good, but I’m not buying a $55 set for one Cassettecon.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go back to gushing over the awesome toy-style G1 Optimus …

Last edited: Jun 15, 2024
  4. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

We are getting pretty colors at some stores

5. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

You've proven my point.
    - "The one selects cassette pack was released in the past four years and sold out." Yup, one cassette pack that came out in four years ago. None since then. Why? Because it actually took a while to sell out. This was not a hit. And the micromaster price point failed. The core price point looks like it's failing too. But who cares, Hasbro is not catering to you. It's irrelevant if what you are asking makes no financial sense for Hasbro.

- "SS86 cores have all sold well from what I've seen." Then why is it looking like it's getting phased out by 2025? Again, you think it's unfair that Hasbro isn't offering a product that makes no financial sense for them to do so.

- "It's not about sales. It's about profit." Okay...?

-"And seriously, don't be a corporate apologist." Lol, you can call me names but it doesn't change that fact that you think Hasbro should provide you an option that makes no sense financially to do so. Hasbro is not a charity. We all want more core figures and Casseticons but if they don't sell, the product gets cut. Evidence is pointing towards core class being phased out. If it were working, it would continue in 2025. But it's not.

6. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

:eek: 

:oops: 

Gahhhhhhhdamn.

7. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If I see him in the wild I'll grab him.

It's a tax for mispronouncing about.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

News Credits:
    Converted to USD, it's the same price!

• Like Like x 2
  9. ExiaDefensor

ExiaDefensor Well-Known Member

You're asking questions that I've already given you answers to. This really isn't that complex. You don't seem to understand that if a (dick) company finds X is more profitable than Y they'll go with X. The sales aren't (as) relevant. This was of screwing the consumer saves them money.

I can't fathom why someone would so adamantly and willing remain thick headed and defend elites/a company that doesn't give a rats ass about them.

And call you a corporate apologist isn't calling you names. How old are you? What that term means is that you defend them.. Which is exactly what you're doing....

But I'm done... I'm not wasting more thread space

• Like Like x 2
  10. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if things are sometimes forced upon the designers by marketing or something.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2024
  11. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know people are excited to get a Soundwave for their collection but as someone who's owned this since it released it does come off as unfinished remold of the Siege version. The biggest problems are the cassette player mode isn't fully cleaned up, the arms hang off the back as a lump, the 2 guns kinda try to fill the back but not really. There's 2 gaps on the from of the cassette player where you can see through the front. Leftover landing gear from the Siege version are also hanging off the arms.

It's pretty clear that this thing is just one last hoorah before they either massively remold it again for SS86 or make a brand new mold that can turn into the proper cassette player rectangular shape. So I wouldn't get to bent out of shape trying to get this at this point.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Dayasachi

Dayasachi Member

I think Ravage needs a update...

like a core class one, Lazerbeak doesn't, but i find the WFC Ravage to be fragile at the front legs, and i broke mine (dunno if its a my copy thing but people i know also have the same tight hinges problem) and also i think with the core budget they can make it better looking...

• Like Like x 3
  13. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    I bonked my head many times to justify this.:crazy:  I ordered Amazon's option. Free shipping for a $54.99 Buzzsaw, Frenzy and Ravage. Sw is just a bonus as I too have the DC Sw already ( I keep telling myself that :lol ). Free Shipping :lolol  Dang you Soundwave! Nerds RULE(Soundwave is a certified Nerd)!:bowdown: 

14. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    It'll probably get one in 86 at some point. But this was about getting a previously retailer exclusive mold out to people who missed out.

The way this is going, I'm not looking forward to this place during the W5 announcement that's most repacked exclusives.

• Like Like x 5
  15. falderal

falderal Well-Known Member

Yeah there’s gonna be a lot of complaints from people that spent $80 on Cosmos.

16. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They will have gotten to enjoy the figure for 2-3 years before that reissue shows up.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    That still a big ish? Iirc, there was a big dump of Cosmos from some store last year. No pick him up?

18. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there a difference between this release and the Netflix one? More black?

19. carnerd3000

carnerd3000 "This is bad comedy."

I think you're right, but I guess they could've released Buzzsaw as a SS Core figure with an extra larger accessory, or something. But apparently Core class is getting dropped, or something like that?

20. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    I dont have my Netflix Ravage handy, are there any changes between this Ravage and that one?