Legacy United Soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Crossbonesss, Jun 13, 2024.

1. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not for me. This Soundwave is clunky and hollow. There’s a simple transformation they could have gone for but they made it too complicated and ruined his sleekness.

• Like Like x 2
  2. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    really happy for my nephews who are just getting old enough to get into Transformers and they have been really liking Soundwave. As for my household, we are getting this soley for Buzzsaw as we have the netflix ones, Sigh...........

• Like Like x 1
  3. SaberZ

SaberZ Well-Known Member

Well I guess fuck the people that wanted a reissue of Earthrise Laserbeak lol

While I dunked on the idea for weeks, I think Laserbeak, Ravage, and Buzzsaw would’ve been better for the folks that missed out.

But damn outside of Megatron who was always destined to become outdated, that Dramatic Capture set has aged like fine wine in hindsight.

I say this as a huge Soundwave fan, but this is one of the most overrated figures in recent years. I have never gotten the feeling of “that’s it?” until I handled this guy a few years ago. It’s a shame cus I really wanted to love it, they finally did a G1 cassette player Soundwave at chug scale. But I think the fact that the figure has clashing aesthetics (which is a problem I had with a good chunk of Earthrise) and the alt mode not being very cohesive at all kind of killed it for me. Blaster also just kind of showed me that they can easily put out a phenomenal Soundwave, but they just don’t.

I think once people realize that it was not worth the hype, it’s gonna become the new Coronation Starscream. But hey, at the same time. I do hope people enjoy it, and I hope people are able to enjoy something I unfortunately couldn’t.

But for now, outside of hunting down Ravage and Buzzsaw, I think I’ll probably just stick with my DC release and just beg and pray we get a brand new SS86 mold (for Soundwave, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, and Ravage) in 2026.

• Like Like x 3
  4. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who are you missing out, as out of the main six cassettes Hasbro’s done since Siege (Wing Thing I still view as an Action Master!) the only unique mold missing is Ratbat, who is getting released again with Perceptor and a new Ramhorn in Studio Series ‘86 at Target next year.

Laserbeak has had multiple releases so he’s easy to pick up (hell, I’ve ended up with 3 of him!) & Frenzy I think has had a package refresh? If not he’s pretty easy to pick up here.

You wouldn’t get all 6 cassettes in one package anyway, but with the above Soundwave plus Perceptor you get 4 of Soundwave’s plus 1 of Blaster’s, which is pretty good.

Yeah it’s original toy blue Frenzy colours, I know a LOAD of collectors on here who didn’t want the pastel Sunbow colours for SS’86 Rumble and were waiting for just this figure.

Reason I’m imagining he’s labelled Rumble is he’s a) The bigger name on the package out the 2 cassette guys, and b) Frenzy was technically the last of the 2 cassettes released at retail with that mold (what with him being black/red in the cartoon, but dark blue when the toy was first released - not that I want to open that can of worms again!)

It’s ironic you say that, as that was actually just what I was looking for pics of on the package to see how it looked :lol  I have the Takara Dramatic Capture Soundwave and some of his silver parts on the front of his cassette do stand out like a sore thumb against the unpaintable plastic, I’d actually prefer it to be one colour even if not painted just so it doesn’t look so out of place elsewhere!

• Like Like x 1
  5. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Is there a ss86 version as well?

6. Alpha3

Alpha3 Well-Known Member

11 mins...

7. Vash1306

Vash1306 Well-Known Member

How am I supposed to get Lazerbeak now :oops: 

8. Alpha3

Alpha3 Well-Known Member

How long do you think it will take Hasbro Pulse site to sell out?

9. DanC

DanC Delightful person

News Credits:
    ME: Siege Springer at leader class, really?
    HASBRO: Guess what asshole, that Buzzsaw you've wanted since Siege is leader class too. Fuck you, you wanna smart off some more? (smacks me upside the head) Next time it's commander class dickhead, fucking try us

• Like Like x 9
  10. Bakarina

Bakarina Unapologetic Megatron Fangirl

Considering how much they're saving on tooling budget by just constantly regurgitating this mold I wish they had painted all the gray parts silver for the Leader class version because then I'll never have to worry about the yellowing on SW ever again...

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ravewind

Ravewind Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  12. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, getting the original release off eBay was my first big aftermarket regret purchase that I sold him off a few weeks after getting it.

I already have the SG version of this mold, along with a custom Marvel, and blue Soundwave is checked off with Reactivate so I think I'll wait for whenever they do SS86 Soundwave.

13. Alpha3

Alpha3 Well-Known Member

14. Bakarina

Bakarina Unapologetic Megatron Fangirl

Probably within the day if that. Which is a pity because selling out quickly signals to Hasbro that yes, actually repacking the ancient mold again is perfectly acceptable instead of tooling a new one.

15. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Buzzsaw!

16. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

One of Soundwaves core cassettes we're missing is Buzzsaw.

Based on the Siege mold (mould).

The only Buzzsaw we received in current memory.

Is from Combiner Wars.

Which also transformed into a tablet device:

HAST68389-2_500x500.jpg

Unless, I am forgetting something.

Which is not out of the realm of possibility.

Someone feel free to correct me.

• Like Like x 1
  17. VKittyCat2023

VKittyCat2023 Medieval Weapons Enthusiest

18. PloverNutter

PloverNutter TFW2005: We're buying them but we don't like them.

News Credits:
    Oh at least that is different. I am severely colorblind and couldn't even tell the difference. Didn't even realize it was Buzzaw in the pack until I read the packaging too lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

Is Pulse Premium worth it? 

20. Alpha3

Alpha3 Well-Known Member