Legacy United Slipstream

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Seanprime, Jun 11, 2024.

1. IGEBM

IGEBM The Loremaster

Yeah, I’m not a big fan of Slipstream, and again, this figure is good for a G1 Slip, but not Cyberverse, and if I had to choose between her or Quake being compromised, I’d choose her.

2. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really not looking forward to next year if this is the kind of stuff we can expect. 3Ps can't seem to do anything outside G1/BW/Movie worth a damn so it's going to break my heart if things like this and Walmart Cannonball are the new norm.

• Like Like x 2
  3. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, thanks for the correction, not quite so bad then, but yeah, the name is a really questionable decision.

Gotta wonder why anyone was surprised by what we got, though, given we saw this image in advance. Disappointed, sure, makes sense, but it seems they telegraphed it well in advance. Hell, it even highlights where the weapons go :) 

• Like Like x 3
  4. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Vernichting all over the place

Yeah, the silhouettes aren't even close. Windblade has a tiny upper body with wide hips and super long, thick legs, while Slipstream has a way bulkier upper body, hench arms and a small pelvis that would feel right at home in Animated. Just like Shadow Striker and Side Burn, these should've been completely different molds instead of something that doesn't fit either character that well, Legacy Windblade has none to the visual cues or Porportions that make her Cyberverse iteration distinct, while Slipstream looks positively anemic compared to how she appears in the show.

Honestly, while not without its own problems, this makes me extra glad Blackarachnia was released back in Kigdom. Were her and Tarantulas to come out right now, I bet they would've shared a mold that doesn't really suit either of them.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Scornstream

Scornstream Dinobot Seeker

Nice joke.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Veridioz

Veridioz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still buying this because I ain't spending money on LG Slipstream ($100 for a deluxe mold that can barely stand is not a good purchase).
    What really annoys me is that they had like 4 or 5 starscream molds to use and they pull the dumbest move by using windblade. I know slipstream is a deluxe but why? why limit her to a deluxe? she's a Fucking seeker for fucks sake.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just reissue the ultra one with some more paint or something

• Like Like x 1
  8. carnerd3000

carnerd3000 "This is bad comedy."

Yeah, it's not bad looking in general, but if she's supposed to be the Cyberverse version of the character, they definitely dropped the ball on this one. I haven't watched the entire show, but there were definitely some cool designs that they could pull off nicely if they tried. Sometimes I genuinely don't understand the choices they make for some of these toys.

• Like Like x 1
  9. IGEBM

IGEBM The Loremaster

Hahahaha allow me to correct myself it’s alright
    Well, most of the Cyberverse characters are around the same height, so making her the same size as the other “Cyberverse Universe” figures isn’t entirely crazy (but I get why people want a Voyager)
    I’ve noticed something (conspiracy theory warning): all the shows with good animation seem to get mostly bad figures, while all the shows with bad animation seem to get mostly good figures

- Cyberverse has been full of misses, sans Windblade
    - BW, although good for its time, doesn’t have the best animation, and yet pretty much all of its new toys are bangers
    - then there’s TFP, where the quality of animation and figures are varying (me personally, the animation is mid and the figures all seem good with the exception of that god-awful Arcee mold)
    - oh, and RID15’s two Legacy toys are both ehhhhhhhh (especially Strongarm)

10. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    Like Legacy Slipstream, Quake is another example of a new figure with a prior design that surpasses it.

I personally think that the primary reason many of these designs fail is because of the focus on “character fidelity”. I’m only tempted by a toy if it’s an interesting and fun design. I’ve never wanted any Transformer because of its character’s appearance in a cartoon, movie, or comic book. I’d be much more interested in this hobby if they’d simply provide the designer with the basic head/face appearance, the color palette, the intended alt mode, and the fictional role. No target media models, no strict expectations. Just a cool toy.

“Make the most interesting purple and teal jet you can come up with. Lean it feminine. Be creative.” That’d be a good formula for a Slipstream toy, in my opinion.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't hate them in a vacuum but I absolutely resent that they're taking up so many of the precious few new mold or heavy remold slots Legacy was allocated this year.
    I wouldn't hate her so much if they'd labeled her as Legends Universe if only because that'd make it way likelier that we'd get Legends-inspired repaints/retools of Windblade and Chromia.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Michchall

Michchall Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Oh yes, Sam that can't design shit properly when not supervised by someone else.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ravewind

Ravewind Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lies! Those were put there by Unicron to deceive us away from Primus!

• Like Like x 3
  14. IGEBM

IGEBM The Loremaster

Can't forget all the people that hate the show :/

• Like Like x 1
  15. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    It took me a day to remember, but there's a far better Windblade re-use available, besides Maxima. The Oni version of Windblade that Vigilem turns into briefly in the Til All Are One comics mini series from a few years ago.

And I realize it's super obscure, but it's a GOOD LOOK. It's Nemesis Windblade with a demon mask.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  16. IGEBM

IGEBM The Loremaster

As much as I'd want that, it'd be better as an exclusive than a mainline figure

• Like Like x 1
  17. SkullKing66

SkullKing66 transformers enjoyer and marvel addict

lover her
    i dont care theyre no remolding
    she lovely

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lord of Lard

Lord of Lard Hydrogenated TFW2005 Supporter

I plan on buying 3 of these.

1. As a Maxima redo
    2. To Display as is with any future upgrades available
    3. As a SG Version of WB

They will go into my fembot waiting room for new heads, upgrades, hands, stickers, paint, etc.:D 
    IMG20240612105907.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  19. BidoofdudeofOz

BidoofdudeofOz The Stench of Discovery

Gotta say, this one was on my to-buy list when the listing first came around. This just sucks, and I hate to say it. Off the list it goes.

Not the designers’ faults for what seems like corporate breathing down their neck, if they were told only a partial then that’s that. A repaint with a headswap for such a fan-demanded character is inexcusable though, and will likely be reflected in more than a handful of fans skipping it. Yet again, another very popular female rep being sidelined to partial status isn’t great for their already time-repeated second class status, in terms of PR. Bit of a backfire on the budget vs profit.

Colours are nice. Headsculpt looks like a Titans Return head kitbashed onto a Legacy figure. The cockpit recreation detail with the paint is cute, but it’s ultimately not enough to convince. The proportions are opposite to the Cyberverse design that this is supposed to be. The jet mode is unchanged and not like either Slipstream we’ve seen. The VTOL wings are the biggest offender, they’re just so distracting- dare I say the figure may have jumped a tier in acceptability if they at least that retooled that part of the mould along with the head. The Takara LG Slipstream maintaining Windblade’s VTOL wings was a bug, not a feature.

Power to those that like the design enough. Can’t say I agree with fans saying they’ll buy one just to have a Slipstream in their collection, in this age of collecting it’s always best to wait. I’ll jump on when they do a new mould that more or less copies the Animated design.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
  20. jungle penguins

jungle penguins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the only actual Cyberverse element of this figure is the colors, kind of. It's strange because besides Shadowstriker, it's like Cyberverse is used to put in characters they want to remake but have no home brand.

• Like Like x 2