Legacy United Slipstream

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Seanprime, Jun 11, 2024.

1. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To this day, this is still the best version of Slipstream.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 15
  2. BethCyra

BethCyra I NEED MP BiG CONVOY (Rumored)

Oh in that way he did.

However from Mark’s perspective? It’s a fact.

The man has a job and as much as I hate this choice? If Mark comes out and shit talks it? Man could lose his job.

Even if they agreed with me 100%? Dude I don’t want him saying it if it means getting in trouble. He’s got a tough line to walk and a toy to sell, even if it’s lacking.

It’s different when its fellow fans being like that…when we are the hardest of the hard core and we can all say we just want them to be who they are or as the characters we love.

I’m a Mom with three little ones, and in this economy? Man got to keep that cheddar flowing. I can’t hate a man for working.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    Thank god he chose the third option: satisfying nearly no one

• Like Like x 17
  4. sixthrowshot

sixthrowshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, absolutely! It's just that kind of struggle, between short-term, and long-term solutions, I suppose; yes, I really hope voicing our concerns about the more deep-rooted decisions will impact how they will be made, in the future, but I also understand that there are more factors that they can't avoid taking into account (such as market interest, or whatever), so it isn't exclusively about creative, character-based impulses.

As it is, I think the more tangible issue is the fact that the community is becoming averse to the term, "retool," which is a huge shame, since: a) Retools are clearly never going away, and; b) It isn't something that the design team should be helpless about. Like, I might not be a toy designer, but I'm still willing to bet that they could've made a decently accurate Cyberverse Slipstream, out of this mold, without having to re-engineer anything, and...that wouldn't be a terrible solution, would it? Especially with the impression that this is going to be the Generations Slipstream figure, for the next three, to five years. Hopefully, by then, we're at the point where she can get a, "proper," Voyager Class mold of her own, but I think it's worth properly addressing the issue with the current situation, first; I fully believe that this could've been a good, and/or worthwhile Slipstream figure, even with the non-ideal, "systemic," constraints that she's tangled with.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Not prime

Not prime Well-Known Member

Nar not for me . Let\'s face it Slipstream is not the best Transformer plus the Wingblade figure wasn\'t the best.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BethCyra

?

Like you do realize that if we just go by that logic no characters are worth it because there is always someone who will say anyone not named Optimus/Bee/Screamer simply because they aren’t “the best” what ever the hell that means.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Minernick

Minernick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know what you mean and fully understand about he's stand
    But was that sentence really necessary? If he didn't say that, I won't say anything and just think "eh, another budget thing".
    That's why I feel shame about it.
    I do understand about company budget and his position but still, that...wasn't good comment.

• Like Like x 2
  8. BethCyra

I mean is it my favorite? Nah.

Thing is I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, he seems like he’s got a real love of the brand and he means well.

So I can relate to ya as well.

• Like Like x 2
  9. sixthrowshot

sixthrowshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    God, I wish.

I'm one of the freaks who genuinely, actively likes Studio Series Gamer Edition, but...even if I wasn't, I feel like I'd still arbitrarily support the sub-line, just so that it can stay afloat long enough, to get to characters like her, or Arcee. It really feels like the avenue that can provide immediate, concurrent alternatives to characters that the, "normal," Generations line has just recently tackled, doesn't it?

• Like Like x 3
  10. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

Sign me up!
    I'll take one of those!

11. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

I'd kinda like to see someone tackle this version as a custom of Needlenose.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Zircon72

Zircon72 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Colors are nice, and that's about it.

The head is atrocious and she isn't retooled nearly enough.

I was looking forward to slipstream originally, but I might pass on her.

• Like Like x 4
  13. SpangleZeKankle

SpangleZeKankle Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This was the BTS post I was interested the most. It wasn\'t much and the info that was said was what I expected but oh well

14. SegaGenesis

SegaGenesis Headmaster

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Looks cool to me...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lord of Lard

Lord of Lard Hydrogenated TFW2005 Supporter

This is the best version Imo;)  Its tiny but way more true to her character. Iron Factory is pretty good quality for the scale.
    reduced-galery_image_13954_29412.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  16. Samurhino

Samurhino Give me some creativity, slavishness is death

I am expects a 3p head at least, not sure how easy changing the arms are without removing them fully.

But any other fault would have been less if the head sculpts had been more on point. And looking at the original planned design...that's not fully the head we got surely?

I don't know, I know they have to work with the money they have but we came in with expectations. Doesn't help slapping the Cyberverse name on her to, it's like the Chromia we got. I loved it as a figure in itself but it wasn't Cyberverse.

• Like Like x 3
  17. EvilLobsterKing

EvilLobsterKing Joe Mama

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    true and real

If only for being a slipstream that shares a body type with a contemporary Starscream. Like seekers should

• Like Like x 6
  18. seawatch

seawatch the bad user

I’m usually pretty critical of headsculpts (for instance, I *hate* United Windblade’s headsculpt) but I don’t see what’s not to like here. It’s sharp, has a face that’s actually feminine, and a cool G1 seeker helmet with some flourishes. The figure isn’t perfect but the head is, given that it’s more of a generic Slipstream than a specifically Animated one.

New wings and forearms would have been nice but as is this is still completely serviceable to me and will be picked up because I skipped Windblade.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Cashtron527

Cashtron527 Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't voyager fembots sell well? People seem to really want them, so I don't see why revenue would be the reason. I think the reason why is because Hasbro is still pandering to nostalgia, they want every fembot to be super small like in geewuun, the scaling bullshit is why I think Legacy is very much overrated.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

Still way off. Her chest is supposed to be big and boxy, she doesn't have the turbines (that's Animated Slipstream/G1 sometimes) so you'd need to scrap those entirely

I like the rocks and honestly, would have preferred a new rock over this figure because that's at least, y'know. A new character that can do their own thing. It was honestly a fool's errand to try to get anything looking like Cyberverse Slipstream from the Windblade mold. She'd do the job better as just a new head on the Siege mold or Cybertron Starscream, with no other remolding. Heck, even Gamer Edition Starscream. Windblade was never going to be a good version of that particular Slipstream, and no amount of remolding was going to help it

Ehhh. Honestly I don't like it goes for the cutesy look and, once again, its doing that one Windblade remold aesthetic and not Cyberverse Slipstream (which, let's be honest, Cyberverse is Slipstream's biggest showing? Main villain in that, compared to "Two episodes" in Animated). Frankly I still think the Cyberverse Ultra is the best. Just, give me that with better articulation and no gimmick

• Like Like x 2