Legacy United Shard, Chromia, Cybertron Starscream & Leader Sandstorm Found In Canada

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Mar 8, 2024.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Oh cool we've got a name! I had missed that.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Razornine

Razornine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was unaware the 3rd rock had a name, where was this mentioned?

3. Snakeguy

Snakeguy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    JT mentioned it a few days ago iirc, forget which thread

• Like Like x 1
  4. Architects

Architects Well-Known Member

Ok so I want to spell some things out. People can tell me I'm wrong or whatever.

Basically what I think it comes down to is this distribution. I'm pretty sure the last time something like this happened, all the figures were scalped and none hit American retail really. I don't think EVERYONE who is mad at the figures not being revealed is REALLY mad at that. This is just my theory right now but here it goes.

Distribution is to blame. Not marketing. We can clearly get an idea that Hasbro wanted to announce these figures and then likely just go up for sale the same day after a livestream. I really truly think that was their thinking otherwise Amazon would have them up by now. There is clearly something going on where there is probably a US street date happening and not every country is getting the memo. People are upset at "no reveals" because we often associate those with the figures going up for pre-order online. Now you can say "well they'll turn up in stores." All I have to say to that is LOL. I live in Pennsylvania and I'm lucky to see any new wave stuff for months at a time if that. Our Walmarts are still trying to sell Armada Starscream. I can't speak for every geographic area of PA, but yeah. It's DIRE. People want to be able to get the figures they want and not have to have some sort of artificially induced anxiety about not being able to get them. This is the case for me. The FOMO is real. Look what happened with ROTB SS Prime. That's basically what's happening now but with an entire wave.

The other thing that occurs to me is the blunder that was a TON of poorly distributed figures ended up going to discount stores and causing Hasbro shareholders to pee in their little diapers and thus we get a ton of layoffs and budget cuts most likely. I know I get squeamish when stuff like this happens at my job with the people in charge messing up and then it comes down on the "peons" and not the management losers whose fault it actually is. Subconsciously that's what's happening to me at least. CMDStore is where I had to get SS BB Megatron because they decided to assumedly sell their stock for the beginning of the year in the US at that Cybertron Con or whatever and thus a ton of people who bought directly from Hasbro or Amazon got screwed because these idiots decided to prematurely sell their stock somewhere else. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have been able to get him. People had their orders cancelled etc. Yet another reason to hate distribution.

My brains are probably scrambled right now because I'm just getting up, but this is where I'm coming from. Mainly don't be mad at marketing. It's not their job to have these things roll out in an orderly fashion. Whoever is running distribution is and has been doing the worst job I have ever seen for a collectibles company in a world where MAFEX exists. And yeah I did say collectibles because kids ARE buying these, but they don't know these figures the way we do with their lore etc. These are clearly intended for fans which span probably at least half a century worth of generations.

TLDR: I'm mainly pissed/anxious about the fact that the last time this happened and you didn't manage to snag highly sought after, poorly distributed figures immediately, you were shit out of luck. And I don't want that to happen to me or anyone else who really wants these figures.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Traachon

Traachon The battle takes to the sky with Cyberjets!

I don't see anybody asking Hasbro to shuffle around the marketing due to leaks. This isn't about the leaks. People (myself, anyway) are astonished how they let it get to this point, where an entire wave is popping up on store shelves across the world a month before release without officially existing. Nobody should call that good marketing.

Edit:
    You said it much better than I did.

• Like Like x 2
  6. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I'm more curious about *HOW* these places have the toys ahead of everyone else. And the whole process, in general. When I worked in toy retail 20 years ago(oof, that hurt to type), I began noticing that much of the PACKAGING was produced in Quebec. And now I wonder about that, as CMD Store is based in Quebec. If the toys are made in China/Vietnam/soon India, and the paper packaging is made in Quebec, what happens to combine them? Is the paper shipped to the place with the toys? Or are the toys shipped to Quebec for boxing? The latter would explain why Quebec shops often have things "early".

7. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    But they do exist. People are buying them. Hasbro telling you exist doesn't change that.

Shit, it's how the media lines have more or less operated for decades.

Name makes me curious what kind of rock it's based off. We've got lava, crystal/glass... would they do some sort of "uranium" or other irradiated material?

An aquatic vehicle based on coral would be awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    He only mention the name on the 2024 UNI thread yesterday.
    upload_2024-3-9_9-3-58.png

• Like Like x 1
  9. That guy named storm

That guy named storm Professional plastic muncher

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I legitimately cannot find wave one in my stores, just ROTB scorponok (I have five now) and Canada is getting wave two now bladerunner-2-trailer-watch-8bd914b0-744f-43fe-9904-2564e9d7e15c.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Traachon

Traachon The battle takes to the sky with Cyberjets!

??? But Hasbro did tell us that media lines exist. You know, with media. Besides, the toy market was a very different place even a few years ago, let alone decades.

I guess you're fundamentally right, though. Probably nothing will happen if I sit and wait for pre-orders. The asymmetry of distribution is just frustrating.

• Like Like x 2
  11. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    People spent RotB and Earthspark complaining about the lack of mainline info.

12. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Well, it does seem ridiculous that you can literally buy these at mass retail in some parts of the world, but the company making them hasn’t even acknowledged that they exist.
    I don’t understand why people get upset about leaks. Will you be more surprised by a new product if you see Hasbro announce it than you will from seeing a photo of a leaked copy?

13. MagnusPrimal

Why? If you’re not embarrassed as an adult posting on site dedicated to toy transforming plastic robots, this is what would push you over the threshold? :lol 

14. faustmeth

faustmeth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who is Shard even supposed to be? Is he one of the rock monsters that came out in Headmasters?

15. John Titor

John Titor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    New toy only character

16. shadowapook

shadowapook Well-Known Member

I guess I'm kinna a...completionist? Izzat the word? All these are gets for me. Originally I was skipping out on the "Rock Lord" bots, but then I thought I could add them to my Pirate crew.

Call me what you will, but the past 5 or so years have been awesome in terms of toys. They look just like they do in the shows/comics(with the exception of some retools/repaints)...these are the toys I wish I had as a kid, yknow?

17. Seanprime

Seanprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean sure it’s odd, but it’s just distribution is different all over the world, it’s kinda always been that way, I don’t see any reasoning behind caring that much that hasbro hasn’t officially announced some of this stuff. Like you said people following all these leaks and know all this is coming are just being impatient. All this does is free marketing for Hasbro anyways.

• Like Like x 1
  18. John Titor

John Titor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    « Canada » is not getting wave 2, wave 1 hasnt even been spotted at Walmarts or Toysrus stores outside of the cores.

all that happened was 2 single location independent collector stores which dont have distribution warehouses got them in.

No different than if wave 2 showed up at a local independent toy store in a US mall (the type that also sells playmobile and board games).

This also answers other questions asked here, which is why these specific stores are getting them. In truth, most stores have them, including US walmarts and targets. However, those have to distribute across the country, send to central distribution centres, then local warehouses and then to stores which then must put them on shelves. This can take months and independent stores, like the two Canadian ones, just skip all that since they are a single location.

also, this is not new, its those same 2 stores which get product first almost everytime.

19. LunarStrike

LunarStrike Let's Get Dangerous!

PREACH

• Like Like x 3
  20. MagnusPrimal

Honestly, I don’t care. I’m getting what I’m getting, and this changes nothing. But given how particular companies are about information getting out before they want it to, it does seem as if a ball was dropped somewhere. Either within Hasbro itself or between them and one of their retail partners.
    You’re right, some of us getting upset about this is odd, but I find it difficult to believe nobody at Hasbro would be at least irritated by this happening.

• Like Like x 4