Legacy United Shard, Chromia, Cybertron Starscream & Leader Sandstorm Found In Canada

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Mar 8, 2024.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    We shouldn't it's their own fault they didn't reveal everything on time. It was just one reveal last Fall, then everything else started leaking as the months passed by, now they are spotting in other countries.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Greeman

Greeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't even have a chance to react and find out CMDstore had this wave. Like, at this point I should be able to pre-order this wave off of amazon!

3. Architects

Architects Well-Known Member

Ah man I am really hating this distribution. If this leads to layoff or budget cuts or price increases eventually I wouldn’t be surprised. This is gonna be an anxious race to hit the preorder button when sites put them up.

• Like Like x 2
  4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    What does it matter? It's not like a "reveal" is going to change if you buy the figure or not.

• Like Like x 3
  5. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    It mostly just shows how either incompetent or nonexistent the marketing team is for these.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

Showing up everywhere but Pulse I guess? :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh come off it.

The PR teams are locked down to a schedule determined probably up to a year in advance. They're not in the position to react to leaked shipping manifestos and rogue retailers that break street dates.

That's a really entitled attitude to have over something non-consequential.

• Like Like x 4
  8. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Not sure you get what entitlement means.

I'm not being entitled, I don't really give a shit. I'm just pointing out how poorly planned it was given everything is starting to show up in stores before any reveals.

• Like Like x 2
  9. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    It's entitled to ask/tell them to do things that it really isn't necessary for them to do. There being a promotional campaign beforehand or not isn't going to stop you from buying the toys.

You do clearly give a shit enough if you're ready to throw blame around.

• Like Like x 5
  10. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Again, not entitled, still don’t give a shit, and it actually is necessary for them to do their job.

I’m pointing out that the marketing team, whose purpose is to market the toys, failed to reveal and market them before they showed up in stores. From a company standpoint, yea that is a failure to do the thing you were supposed to do. And pointing that out doesn’t reflect how much it effected you.

• Like Like x 3
  11. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It’s not that hard to understand. Actually, the situation explains itself.

12. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    And I already said, corporations always have their promotional campaigns under carefully structured schedules, and leaks don't often do much to disrupt that unless it's something truly top-secret. But a toy company's not going to fire up their PR team at the 11th hour on a weekend just to cover for this sort of stuff.

Just let it go. You're always looking to point fingers and find people to blame over completely inconsequential shit.

• Like Like x 5
  13. pandastrong

pandastrong Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The general public doesn’t terminally follow Transformers news and leaks. Toys showing up at a specialty shop in Chile or Canada doesn’t affect them whatsoever. And it doesn’t mean the marketing team is bad at their jobs. If it were truly an issue, it would have been corrected a long time ago.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  14. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I did, then you drummed it up into something it wasn’t. You can also let it go.

Again, I didn’t really care, and I’ll happily move on as this pointless drama over it is tiring.
    Well that’s rather ironic isn’t it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Hard to believe when this is simply a pattern of behaviour for you.

• Like Like x 3
  16. RJMacReady

RJMacReady Banned

Octobotimus

are you getting any of these figures? If so why are you so upset about them being leaked before official reveals? If you’re getting some then it doesn’t matter really does it?

I don’t know a single person who’s ever said “well due to hasbros failure of not revealing toys in time and being leaked I will not be buying them”

ya know there are people who don’t watch streams, see reveals or leaks and just walk in and buy this stuff in stores right?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Seanprime

Seanprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Then explain it to me then instead of just saying it’s not hard to understand

• Like Like x 2
  18. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Old enough to remember when the same people complaining that "marketing is doing a bad job" in this thread said the same thing about Star Saber and Deathsaurus and how it was going to doom those projects.

Keep going. Eventually you may accidentally be right!

• Like Like x 4
  19. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Two weeks ago we had the Amazon packs officially revealed, with first looks at Breakdown, Windsweeper, and two of the three remaining Deluxe Insecticons.

That was still called "boring" because previous leaks had revealed their names.

Then we had Takara release official pics of Core Starscream and one other figure. That was considered a marketing failure *despite Takara being just as much a source as Hasbro.*

There's no winning with that mentality. So I'm glad HasTak doesn't care.

I might as well take credit for "leaking" 86 Leader Megs and 86 Commander Prime because I was one of the first people to assume they'd be coming (certain of it even) so revealing them isn't even that surprising had they beat any of leaks.

• Like Like x 2
  20. CarefreeAmnesiac

CarefreeAmnesiac Well-Known Member

I imagine we ended up here because of something like this:
    • They wanted to do Magmatron and Tidal Wave early, and they didn't want pre-orders for Uni/SS Wave 2 to compete with preorders for those. It kinda makes sense that they might sell more commanders/titans if they're separate from a retail wave rather than an "extra" with a wave.
    • For whatever reason (not doing it during holiday expenses?) Omega Prime, which was previously implied to be last fall, got pushed to now, and they didn't want preorders for Uni/SS Wave 2 to compete with that, because they can still sell you the wave 2's after next week but can't sell you Omega Prime after next week. This could even be thought of as a considerate move, given that the preorders would be fulfilling early right around when Omega Prime will charge.
    • Does the 2-3 month early preorder for a retail wave actually move any more units? It seems to me like anyone who would save up for a retail wave would be watching enough social media/fan sites to know what's coming, and most things will hang around online for a bit anyway.
    • There will probably be some joke in the live stream about "For the 40th anniversary, we wanted you to find out what was coming the old fashioned way, by finding it for sale in a store (or on the web site of a retailer who doesn't care about street dates, thanks cmdstore)"
    • Some large fraction of their business (60%?) is selling impulse buys to the parents of 8 year olds at Target who don't know or care about any of this.

• Like Like x 3