Legacy United Quake Officially Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by sixthrowshot, Jun 11, 2024.

1. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
  2. Patient Shockwave

Patient Shockwave Well-Known Member

IMHO, the best way to get better mainline Transformers into brick and mortars and into the general marketplace at large is simply more broad scale competition.

1/12th military or quasi military is not an isolated space. Once Bobby Vala / Valaverse got into the market, Hasbro had to react. ( Something to consider is 21st Century Toys/Ultimate Soldier plus a small brand called Soldiers Of The World absolutely crushed Hasbro 12 inch GI Joe in major big boxes about 20 years ago. I mean hammered them into submission) There was also top down pressure from boutique brands like Soldier Story and Dragon In Dreams, who were already well established into military collectible marketplace.

Companies only care what fans have to "vocalize" when it's someone speaking with their feet and shouting to the heavens with their wallet, in terms of buying something else from someone else ( I recognize you are heading in that direction also - To vote with your wallet until something changes)

Something I felt was one of the big drivers in the Lego community for "licensed" sets was that there were knockoffs emerging over 20 years ago, and Lego tried to sue them out of existence. But it didn't work. Lego could defend certain designs that were clearly proprietary, but there was a large grey zone where "building blocks" were simply building blocks. But a knockoff can't reach into licensed stuff, Lego would simply have US Customs seize violations at the ports.

What's not generally known in our hobby is that back in the day, Hasbro's GI Joe division pressured Target to tell 21st Century Toys that they'd only carry their products at a certain elevated price point. 19.99 had to become 24.99 and 24.99 had to become 29.99. Because Hasbro was getting smoked in the cost/value matrix against Ultimate Soldier releases. This is why IMHO you need an already established player in the collectibles market to enter into the "Transformers" theme.

Basically Todd McFarlane.

I get where you are coming from, but a quasi boycott, a soft one, will just kill the line until it hits a reset point. However a new competitor that looks like a pure glass chewer will light a fire under everyone at Hasbro/Takara. Hasbro could use it's leverage with it's economies of scale, volume and legacy to pressure a true upstart like 21st Century Toys, but try that with a narcissist like McFarlane, who is already entrenched. Of course Hasbro/Takara would try to sue him, but the only way to stop him would be to send assassins to outright kill him. Think about the kind of malignant narcissist you have to be to think you can simply spend millions to buy a friendship with Mark McGwire?

None of these companies really listen to fans. Maybe something like doing a minor change to Road Hauler so those tabs wouldn't snap off like in Grapple, something like that. But major creative decisions aren't going to rock away with more fan voices.

Fan Voices = Pleading
    True juggernaut as competition = Straight Up Threat

• Like Like x 3
  3. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Lowkey, I do agree with this.

Frankly, its why I enjoy MP so much more is cause Takara rarely rests on their loreals. Like sure, no one else there is making Transformers per say (not counting 3P in this situation) but there are a handful of other giant robot brands they have to keep pace with. Hasbro hasn't had actual competition since Gobots but that really hasn't been a problem till now cause back in the day, the 16 month product calendar always made the team stay on their toes with innovation where as with present CHUG, we've hit the point of stagnation where the team will gleefully present us with poorly done remakes of older characters.

Unfortunately, i doubt any genuine competition will emerge. 3P is a niche at best and if Hasbro ever felt threatened by them, they wouldn't try and out compete them, they'd just whip out egregiously overpaid lawyers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sandstormer

Sandstormer Setting sail for Sureshot's search party

Inspired by this thread, i was checking out my TR Quake earlier. Now THAT is hollow!

But they got the colours right for that TR version, he looks awesome.

If that blue part over the arms turns out to be maroon (to match the image on the back of the box, which you'd think would be most accurate), and it's possible to squish that alt more together a bit more as Mark seems to have done, i'll be pretty happy with the figure as a whole.

Wave four is due out in October, is that right?

• Like Like x 2
  5. emlit

emlit Cybertronian Vehicle Advocate

“Decorative headstones”. I am stealing this.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So if you put Quakes head on the Skullgrin body. It makes Skullgrin's inner robot? Plus "Red Bull"?

1718203314-img-2551.png
    Messenger_creation_f9d0eb5b-b364-412a-9562-f589a3d99565.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Novaxmaximal

Novaxmaximal Senator Shockwave fan

News Credits:
    I would complain about the TMs or "tombstones" being bad or lazy,but the OGs were basically the same, so eh.
    G1-toy_Heater.jpg G1-toy_Tiptop.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  8. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The G1 toys were better because they were not hollow.

upload_2024-6-11_10-29-30.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  9. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I don't know, G.I.Joe is a different beast than Transformers, and despite what Bobby tells his fans I don't think it was threats of small companies making army men that scared Hasbro into stepping into the 6" market for G.I.Joe. That idea had been floating around for years, it just took a long time to convince retailers to take a chance on the brand again and to plan some new media like games, books, and the movie to push it. Once all of that media was DOA, that's when they "listened" to fans and stepped back into more of what collectors wanted as well as turned up the Real American Hero nostalgia. Now it's become the outlier in the toy aisle, being very successful without any current media pushing the product for however long they can keep it up.

Transformers won't work that way, it needs a media presence to stay relevant, and so would any competition. Hasbro and Takara don't own the concept of transforming robots, anyone could make them, but no one since the 80's has come close to making a real franchise to rival Transformers, at least in the US, and I don't see that ever happening. Even with gimmicks, like McFarlane could make a new line of autograph baseballs that turn into ball players or something tomorrow, that might be popular but its not going to have the brand recognition of Transformers, not without a massive media push and I just doubt anyone is willing to take that chance. No, the only true threat this brand faces and the only one that might actually ever spur Hasbro into action is the battle for relevancy and keeping the brand presence in the toy aisle. If sales ever got so bad that Walmart might actually consider taking the product off the shelves, that's the only thing that could possibly cause a massive change in direction at Hasbro. But other than that, I wouldn't expect anything of the sort.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zodiac1968340

Zodiac1968340 Beast Wars fan

News Credits:
    Saw a fun digibash
    x.com
    截圖 2024-06-13 下午4.29.20.png

• Like Like x 6
  11. Rocka5438

Rocka5438 why yes i can deal with that right now

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    i think that this will either be used for Mayhem Bludgeon or Wreckers Guzzle, bludgeon i can see but guzzle has a mostly white robot turn into a mostly grey tank, so i cant wait to see how this happens...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Considering it's a retool, I think Quake looks decent. Though not perfect, the robotmode is I think the best. The tank I wish would be better.

However, despite liking the character, I've never wanted a Quake in my collection. This because he's the only Decepticon Targetmaster without an aerial altmode. With a team of jets, some even potential spacejets, and a helicopter, to me he doesn't fit that well.

Great that they made him, he's pretty decent especially for a retool, but not getting him.

• Like Like x 1
  13. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I mean to be fair you’d hope stuff would improve after 40 years.

But I do agree, within deluxe class and especially under a retool budget, these are about the most you could expect them to be.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MeGrimlock78

MeGrimlock78 Well-Known Member

That's exactly the reason I like him, at least in the team of three. He can handle the ground assault, while the other two keep the skies clear.
    Similar to any of the combiner teams with both air and land vehicles (or animals).

• Like Like x 2
  15. KibblerGrrrl

KibblerGrrrl Cassette & fembot advocate; Shadow Striker zealot

Heck, if they needed turret options, they could use the G.I. Joe Whirlwind as the turret or just swipe the turret off the Equalizer or Lynx. Or if a chonky alt mode is unavoidable, roll with it as the Slugger. I get that Hasbro wants to keep the Joe/Cobra Collaborative line at ARAH scale, but that shouldn't stop them from drawing on those vehicles for alt mode inspiration at the CHUG scale.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Quake is now the third ugliest tank reveal this week

• Like Like x 2
  17. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    Instagram:
  18. Patient Shockwave

Patient Shockwave Well-Known Member

I have a neighbor, who is married, who said the exact same thing.

Maybe he works for Takara as a Transformers engineer.... It would explain so much....:lol 

• Like Like x 1
  19. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i like it. gonna get it.

20. Sandstormer

Sandstormer Setting sail for Sureshot's search party

Ok, looks like November, good.

Interesting that Pulse only shows the one photo, makes me think (hope) they're sorting out those colours to match how he appears on the box.